Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

slingerz wrote: »
    do you have a confirmed date for Douglas in April?
    April 28th not sure on the time yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Hi Everyone,

See below updated GOTY points for 2018 after last Saturday - we had 21 in attendance with 19 members and 2 visitors - so the visitors are excluded and members bumped a spot as a result:
    442328.PNG
    Should be a mighty year!!
    Up the rebels.....

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Dromoland-March 24th-11:40
    Douglas (to be confirmed)April
    Dundrum -May 19th-12:30
    Mitchelstown-June 16th-11:00
    Palmerstown-July 21st-12:40
    Moyvalley-August 18th-12:30
    Captains Prize-Rosses Point-September 22nd 12:00
    Would it be possible to have the green fees of each outing included with the list above?

davegilly wrote: »
    Dromoland-March 24th-11:40
    Douglas (to be confirmed)April
    Dundrum -May 19th-12:30
    Mitchelstown-June 16th-11:00
    Palmerstown-July 21st-12:40
    Moyvalley-August 18th-12:30
    Captains Prize-Rosses Point-September 22nd 12:00
    Would it be possible to have the green fees of each outing included with the list above?
    Hi Dave, not possible I’m afraid as they are subject to change so they will be posted event by event basis.

Hi Dave, not possible I’m afraid as they are subject to change so they will be posted event by event basis.
    No prob, thanks

• Advertisement

Great day out in Dromoland yesterday - 20 played with 20 members, great turnout and a fantastic course.

Updated GOTY points after yesterday - Brian and Benny need to be separated going forward:D

446509.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

We are separated and make sure it stays that way! ha.. I play enough with him at the weekends!

Any reasons I'm not no 1 as if it was going by alphabetical order I should be :pac:
    Anyway would you look at me up there at the top :cool:

benny79 wrote: »
    We are separated and make sure it stays that way! ha.. I play enough with him at the weekends!

Any reasons I'm not no 1 as if it was going by alphabetical order I should be :pac:
    Anyway would you look at me up there at the top :cool:

Sure you'll be number 1 after the next event anyway - didn't you say you were going to win in Cork as well????

Ha.. No I said I peaked to early it would of been sweet to win in the Rebel county ;)

Ha.. No I said I peaked to early it would of been sweet to win in the Rebel county ;)
    Backing down already......?

• Advertisement

Ha.. wire to wire no problem :cool:

Lads just on the Douglas outing ........they literally only confirmed the time today. I know it’s a lot later than we’d like and if it’s a major inconvenience I will look into swapping with another outing or else finding a different venue. What do ye think to those who were thinking of making this outing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

2pm is quite late. Given its a society outing so will likely be closer to 5hr rather 4hr rounds you could have lads coming off the course close to 8pm.

Realistically at that time most people would probably have to do an overnight.

I reckon if we could find an alternative (which might be difficult with late notice) that it would be worth considering

I agree. I have to get home that night so 8pm off the course won't suit. Will it even be bright at 8pm in April?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I agree. I have to get home that night so 8pm off the course won't suit. Will it even be bright at 8pm in April?

Sunset is 8pm this week. It will probably be closer to 9 the end of April.

I'm easy either way. It does seem quite late in fairness.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Sunset is 8pm this week. It will probably be closer to 9 the end of April.

I'm easy either way. It does seem quite late in fairness.
    Fair enough it should be plenty bright then.

I was just looking at the course today and it seems like a nice spot especially for shorter hitters. I'm easy as well to be honest, it is what it is and should be an enjoyable day regardless.

Maybe post a poll in the main forum asking what to do?

I’ll look into other options this week, if there is nothing suitable that’s as good a course we’ll have to roll with it......

I take it there's no haggle room with the time with them especially if you said it doesn't suit and you might have to go else were, like an hour or 2 earlier. 20+ green fees is a big earner for clubs this time of year.

Just a taught. As I appreciate the effort that goes into these things.

I take it there's no haggle room with the time with them especially if you said it doesn't suit and you might have to go else were, like an hour or 2 earlier. 20+ green fees is a big earner for clubs this time of year.

Yeah SSBob organised it with them and that’s the earliest time they can give us.........

So I tried getting back an hour earlier even on the tee times lads but there’s a club comp on that day and they can’t do it and the week before is fully booked for the same reason which is why we could only get the 28th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Even though its a 2:40 drive for me, i'm easy with the tee time.

Week before is out for me unfortunately - I'm involved with the local soccer club and the Rose of Tralee is coming for a visit!!

It’s looking like we’ll be changing to Castlemartyr for the same date April 28th but we’ll be able to tee off at 11:40am, better for everyone all round.

Yeah SSBob organised it with them and that’s the earliest time they can give us.........

:'( 
    Last time I help out!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Castlemartyr is an excellent course as well. Worthy subsititute.

Don’t worry ssbob, we know what your organisation skills are like, remember my captains day?!!!!

Only joking!!!

Were changed now lads to Castlemartyr for 11:40 on April 28th. SSBob has teamer updated but ye may not get an email so check it out. I’ll get the thread up in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Anyone going wants to share a lift from Dublin? I am not looking forward to being over 5 hours in the car

jarrieta wrote: »
    Anyone going wants to share a lift from Dublin? I am not looking forward to being over 5 hours in the car
    Stay down the night before? I think this is what I will do - few scoops sound nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Castlemartyr a fine course i prefer it to Douglas to be honest. outings are on every weekend i am rostered for it seems!

Sorry about that slingerz......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Stay down the night before? I think this is what I will do - few scoops sound nice :)

FYI...The Hunted Hog is a great little pub in the village beside the grounds of castlemartyr

Advertisement