Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Toeava played 10 for them for a few games outside Parra. He's not an outhalf but he has played NPC there and played at 10 in Japan so it's not a foreign concept to him. They were fine with those two and still had a consistently strong back line outside of them with guys like Strettle, Spedding, Abendanon, Fofana etc. all available during that period. They were screwed behind that, though, if they shipped another knock particularly to Parra.

It was a ridiculous run but their back line is essentially the equivalent of Leinster's back row. Fofana got injured just as Lamerat came back. Strettle was out and Grosso returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Buer wrote: »
    I don't think there's even an almost about it, for me. SOB is class but, as you say, he breaks from a gust of wind.

Which surely begs the question: what is the weather forecast for this weekend :P

• swiwi_ wrote: »
    Which surely begs the question: what is the weather forecast for this weekend :P

Leo "The Weatherman" Cullen will be all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

For a game earlier in the season Wasps had 25 fit senior players to select from.

Not necessarily Dai young but certainly injured young

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Has anyone received their tickets for this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Mine only arrived last Friday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Mark McCall: “Billy Vunipola won’t play, Owen Farrell’s 50/50.”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'll eat my hat if Farrell doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

AdamD wrote: »

I'll eat anybodies hat if it means that Farrell wont play :pac:

• AdamD wrote: »

They have 3 teams nipping at their heels in the prem though their run in isn't the worst. They may feel this is a bridge too far and stand down any doubtful's however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭MDunne14

Vunipola was never going to make it in time, is Tongan John fit? He is an absolute monster albeit not as good as vunipola if he’s fit he guarantees front foot ball

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

MDunne14 wrote: »
    Vunipola was never going to make it in time, is Tongan John fit? He is an absolute monster albeit not as good as vunipola if he’s fit he guarantees front foot ball

This is the second time you've mentioned this guy, to whom are you referring? Is it Sione Vailanu? If not, then who is this mysterious Tongan monster?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah it's vailanu hes talking about. Joined sarries in Jan.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Yeah it's vailanu hes talking about. Joined sarries in Jan.

I know who Vailanu is, just a bit bemused by his insistence on referring to him by a fairly obscure nickname :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I've never heard of him. Who is he?

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I've never heard of him. Who is he?

Tongan international backrower. Decent enough player, think he's still out injured as he didn't feature at the weekend.

Not a fan of that "Tongan John" nickname. Smacks of "oh, we can't pronounce/spell your name, here's something easier because we can't be arsed to take 5 seconds to work it out". It's "Toby" Faletau all over again.

Tongan international backrower. Decent enough player, think he's still out injured as he didn't feature at the weekend.

Not a fan of that "Tongan John" nickname. Smacks of "oh, we can't pronounce/spell your name, here's something easier because we can't be arsed to take 5 seconds to work it out". It's "Toby" Faletau all over again.

Haha apologies didn’t know his actual name but have seen him play a couple of times and looks like a beast but the name ‘Tongan john’ is what the boys in sarries call him , Alex Sanderson was talking about him in a recent day in the life sort of video .. interesting he speaks 0 English and billy vunipola has to go to 1 on 1 meetings with coaches to translate for him

Looked on sarries website there he played 48 minutes for there a team on Monday bagging two tries , it’s to be seen whether he’ll be involved on the weekend but wouldn’t be suprised if he starts 8 to make up for billy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Brad Barrett had cheekbone surgery a few days ago but still expects to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well now that you mention it.. don’t think mine have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I got mine about a week ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

A team should be announced today which should give a good indication of team for Sarries.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Aren't the tickets print at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

AdamD wrote: »
    Aren't the tickets print at home?

Paper ones were posted out.

Heard pack is Healy Cronin Furlong Ryan Toner Fardy leavy jordi, Deegan on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

If we win and Scarlets win, home semi in Aviva. If we win and La Rochelle beat Scarlets, it's an away trip to France for a semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Kevski

If we win and Scarlets win, home semi in Aviva. If we win and La Rochelle beat Scarlets, it's an away trip to France for a semi final.

https://instagram.com/p/Bg5ug-KgQbv/

Confirmed to be in Bordeaux. I feel that La Rochelle won’t be able to beat Scarlets away from home though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Heard pack is Healy Cronin Furlong Ryan Toner Fardy leavy jordi, Deegan on the bench

Well, if neither Ruddock nor SOB have made it, then that's the way to get all your best players onto the pitch.

It's a very strong pack but having Molony and Deegan on the bench lacks some impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Well, if neither Ruddock nor SOB have made it, then that's the way to get all your best players onto the pitch.

It's a very strong pack but having Molony and Deegan on the bench lacks some impact.

Is Conan injured? If he isn't, put two backrowers on the bench and Fardy is your on field lock cover. I'd assume he is injured if thats the bench we're at with Molony/Deegan.

• Advertisement

Is Conan injured? If he isn't, put two backrowers on the bench and Fardy is your on field lock cover. I'd assume he is injured if thats the bench we're at with Molony/Deegan.

Yeah conan 100% out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement