Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah Shane has it totally backwards I feel.

I think Isa will be exposed much more playing on the wing than in the centre

I feel such debt to Isa, I read that article like someone is threatening to beat up and embarrass my dad. If I was a Ringrose, Leavy or Larmour I'd be in equal parts enraged by that and humoured by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I'm so angry at his insult of our greatest ever import... I swear if I see him this weekend I'll knee him in the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

Anyone think they set the prices a bit high for this match? It looks at this stage they'll do well to get 80% capacity for the match. This should have been treated almost like a replay. Just fill the stadium and set the occasion. Going back in again at the same price as the 1/4 finals minus the 2 month sales ramp looks to have been a bad decision.

Anyone think they set the prices a bit high for this match? It looks at this stage they'll do well to get 80% capacity for the match. This should have been treated almost like a replay. Just fill the stadium and set the occasion. Going back in again at the same price as the 1/4 finals minus the 2 month sales ramp looks to have been a bad decision.

We've a few maths heads on here who might be able to correct or confirm, but 80% full at the minimum ticket price for this game, is possibly more profitable than 100% full with the deals (€10 tickets) on offer for the last game.

This isn't hosted by Leinster, it's hosted by the EPCR and really they are just interested in making as much money as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

We've a few maths heads on here who might be able to correct or confirm, but 80% full at the minimum ticket price for this game, is possibly more profitable than 100% full with the deals (€10 tickets) on offer for the last game.

This isn't hosted by Leinster, it's hosted by the EPCR and really they are just interested in making as much money as possible.

Probably, stadium might take a hit on the catering side though. Although those are probably IRFU profits?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Has anyone seen if the invite to the blue room has come out yet? I cant find email

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Has anyone seen if the invite to the blue room has come out yet? I cant find email

Don't think so.

Remember this is an EPCR event, there might not be one at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

On top of that I don't think I've seen a single ad anywhere for the match. No morkeshing and expensive tickets means no sell out. There's still loads of tickets left, it's barely moved since yesterday. I can't believe this isn't going to be a sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I dont think so. Talking about a replay is irrelevant and GAA talk which is nothing to do with this as it doesnt happen in rugby.
    The ticket sales were always going to be different compared to the quarters
    errlloyd wrote: »
    Probably, stadium might take a hit on the catering side though. Although those are probably IRFU profits?
    Compass group run bars and hospitality in the stadium so not IRFU profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

This is the view on Ticketmaster now. Looks over 90% full to me. Probably at most 4-5k remaining? They'd have been better off making those blocks on the East and West Lower behind the tryline a little cheaper. If they'd sold those out they'd had a full Lower tier, full Premium and almost full Upper. But €70 for those tickets is too much. Either way, 45k or so is a good number.

448638.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

molloyjh wrote: »
    This is the view on Ticketmaster now. Looks over 90% full to me. Probably at most 4-5k remaining? They'd have been better off making those blocks on the East and West Lower behind the tryline a little cheaper. If they'd sold those out they'd had a full Lower tier, full Premium and almost full Upper. But €70 for those tickets is too much. Either way, 45k or so is a good number.
    Des Berry tweeted about half an hour ago 46000 tickets sold so between tomorrow and the odd walk up it'll sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

prawnsambo wrote: »
    No you haven't. But it's not inconsistent. It was inconsistent up until the Kolpak ruling. NZ and Aus are in the process of joining in an association agreement with the EU, so they could potentially be part of the Kolpak bloc.

As a kid growing up all I wanted was to be part of the Kolpak bloc. It’ll be champagne and no dry eyes at my place for sure. Berlin Wall coming down, Mandela walking free, NZ joining Kolpac. The stuff of history

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Don't think so.

Remember this is an EPCR event, there might not be one at all.

Boo hiss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

See the issue is that previously this was the case. They had to be EU citizens. But then a Slovakian handball player (called Kolpak) brought a case to the European Court of Justice, because at the time Slovakia wasn't in the EU but they had an agreement with the EU. He was let go from his club because of the quotas and they ended up having to change the rules so that players from countries with agreements with the EU were excluded from the rule.

So from a legal perspective, the SAs have to be excluded from the ruling because they have an agreement with the EU.

A loonytoon Brexit outcome will be interesting.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

jacothelad wrote: »
    A loonytoon Brexit outcome will be interesting.......
    It could potentially result in English players not being considered European. :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It could potentially result in English players not being considered European. :eek: :D

Yup, if everything went to sh*t and they couldn't agree to anything before the Brexit deadline then English players would be in the same category as the New Zealanders.

Could also cause murder up north as well if players didn't want to hold an Irish passport and NI stays as part of the UK....

It wouldn't cause the slightest problem in reality. The EPCR would just use the exact same approach that the Pro 14 do for South African teams currently, which is a separate clause to refer to South African players.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It wouldn't cause the slightest problem in reality. The EPCR would just use the exact same approach that the Pro 14 do for South African teams currently, which is a separate clause to refer to South African players.

Yeah I'd imagine so. But Brexit negotiations will never get to that stage anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭The Parish King

Murray Kinsella also now reporting that McGrath is going to miss out (and Lowe by extension), which is disappointing.

On the bright side, Henshaw is expected to start, and Conan is expected to be back on the bench (I assume replacing Ruddock rather than Deegan from the Sarries game?).

I do think we’ll win, however our pack will need to be at the races to help make sure they can’t get ball wide quickly, because I think their pace could make hay against McFadden and Nacewa who would both prefer a more physical style game. I also think Ringrose will help with stopping the ball getting wide, he has quite a good rush defence and if he doesn’t stop the man he generally delays/pressurises them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,982 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Garry Ringrose has had several huge games for both Leinster and Ireland when we've needed to kill distribution to a fast, wide attack. Henshaw too. I'm also confident our pack will front up to their carrying and set piece, and also be wise to their offloading game. Where they can kill us is on turnover ball and kick returns. If we grind them down and rumble through the phases we should have too much for them over 80 minutes. If we kick stupidly, and get passive or disorganised in our kick chase, a long afternoon awaits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Strange that nobody can agree on what McGrath's injury is. The 42 reported yesterday that it was a knee injury, The Indo this morning says it was an ankle injury and because he was in a moon boot I'm assuming The Indo is correct. Strange that it's so nebulous though.

Strange that nobody can agree on what McGrath's injury is. The 42 reported yesterday that it was a knee injury, The Indo this morning says it was an ankle injury and because he was in a moon boot I'm assuming The Indo is correct. Strange that it's so nebulous though.

Jamie Heaslip disapproves of this post

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Whilst the Scarlets are very good at getting the ball wide and attacking, we have to be very careful about shooting up. They're just as good at cutting through the narrower channels with their halfbacks. Patchell and Davies are both very dangerous there as are all of their back row.

Think back to the RDS last year. They were hurting us close to the ruck more than on the wing when we moved up out wide and fell asleep inside.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Buer wrote: »

Think back to the RDS last year. .

I'd rather not, I just remember sitting there in a state of shock, couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm quite nervous for tomorrow, they've spoiled our party before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

pc7 wrote: »
    I'd rather not, I just remember sitting there in a state of shock, couldn't believe what I was seeing. I'm quite nervous for tomorrow, they've spoiled our party before.

Hopefully we won't let that happen again. Luke being out is a big loss for us though. I'm really nervous about tomorrow - I expect it to be close.

pc7 wrote: »

That game was a wake up call. I think the ruthlessness we showed during the pool stages was a good indicator that this team are prepared to show up and play at the highest level of intensity for these kinds of fixtures.

I think this is the best two teams left in the tournament going head to head so it's going to be extremely tough. I also think Wales were the second best team in the six nations and a good few of these guys fed into that. I think Tadgh Beirne would have been part of Ireland's grand slam winning team had he been available for selection.

So they aren't any slouches.

But, Ireland were the best team in the six nations, and this team has over 10 starters from between the various fixtures.

We'll show up tomorrow, well prepared, well coached with a world class squad. Let Scarlets do the worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭crisco10

Luke is a loss, just not sure how big of a loss really. JGP has been at the centre of some of Leinster's worst games in the Pro14; however, there was frequently a weaker pack in front of him. So its hard to know how good or bad he is! I'm actually struggling to think of a time JGP started with the "firsts"....

One things for sure, McCarthy better not kick like he did in the QF if/when he comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

I'm getting more confident as the match approaches. I think we're going to smash them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Buer wrote: »
    Whilst the Scarlets are very good at getting the ball wide and attacking, we have to be very careful about shooting up. They're just as good at cutting through the narrower channels with their halfbacks. Patchell and Davies are both very dangerous there as are all of their back row.

Think back to the RDS last year. They were hurting us close to the ruck more than on the wing when we moved up out wide and fell asleep inside.

I'm just going to say it.

If you look at how Scarlets made such easy ground against us last year, then we're better off without Lowe.

Yeah, we'll lose his ability to score from very unlikely situations, but if we keep our defence tight, we shouldn't need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Hopefully Sexton is on his game on Saturday, the way the Scarlets defend leaves space in behind. We’ll need to probe this accurately to force them on the back foot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement