Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/994686108733669380?s=21

So Ruddock has travelled. You’d have to imagine that he hasn’t travelled to be 24th man and will be in the 23?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Kevski wrote: »

So Ruddock has travelled. You’d have to imagine that he hasn’t travelled to be 24th man and will be in the 23?
    Every first team player would have travelled I'm sure. Anyone not in the team will be in the stand in a suit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

awec wrote: »
    Every first team player would have travelled I'm sure. Anyone not in the team will be in the stand in a suit.

injured players travelling over on the day afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Id imagine most of the squad are there. I think that's ross byrne in the top shot and he aint benching

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Id imagine most of the squad are there. I think that's ross byrne in the top shot and he aint benching

No but he’ll be on the pitch warming up beforehand in case of a last minute change. I just assumed that the lads who flew over in training gear would be the ones who would have some involvement, be it in the 23 or otherwise, and that it was a good sign for Ruddock being named in the 23.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

irishfan9 wrote: »
    they flew over today

Interesting. So doing tram announcement there so.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭durthacht

irishfan9 wrote: »
    it was in the press statement. get onto leinster rugby if you have a problem with boi sponsoring them.

My smartass comment was aimed at Bank of Ireland, not you.

Much as I resent the deplorable Bank of Ireland and the devastation they have brought to people, I don't have a problem with Leinster taking their sponsorship money. Finding an ethical sponsor is hard. I guess I'm either a sensible pragmatist or a soulless and amoral corporate sellout. But I'll worry about that after the final :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Immediately ingratiating themselves to the Basque locals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Isa channelling his Heaslip pose with those headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

A couple of videos to warm us all up on a miserable day

Part 1

Part 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Eod100 wrote: »
    Interesting. So doing tram announcement there so.

Luas to the RDS

salmocab wrote: »
    Luas to the RDS

Boards is slipping up. Was waiting for that haha

Eod100 wrote: »
    Boards is slipping up. Was waiting for that haha

I couldn’t believe no one had got there first

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Teddy Thomas is getting to much attention in the press. I'm as worried of Juan Imhoff.

Still scarred from that game in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Clegg wrote: »
    Teddy Thomas is getting to much attention in the press. I'm as worried of Juan Imhoff.

Will he play? Was led to believe he was suffering the same fate as James Lowe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Bridge93 wrote: »

I thought the same but Victor Costello mentioned that he's expected to play. I rather hope he's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

I thought the same but Victor Costello mentioned that he's expected to play. I rather hope he's wrong.

Yeah that's not ideal. He's one of my favourite players. So good

i expect imhoff and carter to start.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Depends who else is in the 23. Dan Carter would be one non-European and it could depend on which lock they need to put on the bench. They've two Argentinian locks and a Tongan: Maka.

Bryan Byrne Ed Byrne
    Ed Byrne and Bryan Byrne in action for Leinster Rugby in the Guinness PRO14. Photo by Ramsey Cardy/Sportsfile

Head coach Noel McNamara has named the Leinster Rugby ‘A’ team to face Ealing Trailfinders in the British & Irish Cup Final at Trailfinders Sports Ground tomorrow (KO 2pm).

Leinster Rugby and Bank of Ireland confirmed on Thursday that the final will be streamed live on the Leinster Rugby Facebook page, with thanks to Bank of Ireland.

Guinness, a proud sponsor of Leinster Rugby, have also asked a number of bars in Bilbao to (where possible) show the game for supporters visiting the Spanish city for the Champions Cup Final.

The Leinster ‘A’ team will be captained by Carlow man Bryan Byrne, with his brother, Ed, and Vakh Abdaladze joining him in the front row.

Mick Kearney and Ian Nagle are retained in the second-row from the dramatic comeback win in the semi-final against Jersey Reds.

There is just one change to the pack which sees Max Deegan come in at number 8. Josh Murphy and Peadar Timmins flank Deegan in the back row.

In the back line, Ciarán Frawley moves from full-back to out-half. He will be partnered in the half-backs by Charlie Rock.

Jack Kelly comes in to start in the 15 shirt, with Tommy O’Brien and Adam Byrne once again selected on the wings.

Conor O’Brien and Gavin Mullin will continue their midfield partnership in the final.

Watch live coverage of the British & Irish Cup Final from 2pm on Saturday on the Leinster Rugby Facebook page, with thanks to Bank of Ireland.

Leinster Rugby ‘A’

15. Jack Kelly
    14. Adam Byrne
    13. Gavin Mullin
    12. Conor O’Brien
    11. Tommy O’Brien
    10. Ciarán Frawley
    9. Charlie Rock
    1. Ed Byrne
    2. Bryan Byrne CAPTAIN
    3. Vakh Abdaladze
    4. Mick Kearney
    5. Ian Nagle
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Peadar Timmins
    8. Max Deegan

16. Sean McNulty
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Jack Aungier
    19. Caelan Doris
    20. Will Connors
    21. Hugh O’Sullivan
    22. Tom Daly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Tongan would not count as a non-European player.

Surprised Deegan isn’t even in Bilbao would have thought he’d be cover at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That selection is the death knell of Tom Daly's time at Leinster I reckon.

Buer wrote: »
    That selection is the death knell of Tom Daly's time at Leinster I reckon.

apart from having a contract for next season..

salmocab wrote: »
    Surprised Deegan isn’t even in Bilbao would have thought he’d be cover at least.

no need with ruddock and conan.

The Tongan would not count as a non-European player.
    Yeah, I know. Just including him as the option that could allow Imhoff and Carter to play.

Basically, they're fine in the front row, the second row is an issue if they want to play Carizza or Albacete; Ryan and Nakarawa are nailed on imo. The back row is pretty much fine and then it's a question of whether or not Dan Carter is in the 23. Tales and Lambie are both 'European'. They've half and half in the centres with Chavancy and Vulivuli both ok, but the other two are from NZ.

In the back three, only Rokocoko and Imhoff are non-European.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (195)
    14. Jordan Larmour (19)
    13. Garry Ringrose (47)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (23)
    11. Isa Nacewa (182) CAPTAIN
    10. Johnny Sexton (146)
    9. Luke McGrath (92)
    1. Cian Healy (188)
    2. Seán Cronin (150)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (81)
    4. Devin Toner (215)
    5. James Ryan (12)
    6. Scott Fardy (19)
    7. Dan Leavy (52)
    8. Jordi Murphy (104)

16. James Tracy (63)
    17. Jack McGrath (130)
    18. Andrew Porter (27)
    19. Rhys Ruddock (140)
    20. Jack Conan (71)
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park (50)
    22. Joey Carbery (35)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (40)

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/preview/leinster-rugby-team-face-racing-92-announced/

Racing are 9/2. Seems high!

Even with injuries that is such a strong squad. Very proud that a team with such a strong local aspect can compete at the highest level of European rugby and count some of the best players in the world amongst their number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (195)
    14. Jordan Larmour (19)
    13. Garry Ringrose (47)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (23)
    11. Isa Nacewa (182) CAPTAIN
    10. Johnny Sexton (146)
    9. Luke McGrath (92)
    1. Cian Healy (188)
    2. Seán Cronin (150)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (81)
    4. Devin Toner (215)
    5. James Ryan (12)
    6. Scott Fardy (19)
    7. Dan Leavy (52)
    8. Jordi Murphy (104)

16. James Tracy (63)
    17. Jack McGrath (130)
    18. Andrew Porter (27)
    19. Rhys Ruddock (140)
    20. Jack Conan (71)
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park (50)
    22. Joey Carbery (35)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (40)

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/preview/leinster-rugby-team-face-racing-92-announced/

That is one strong team :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement