Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Eod100 wrote: »
    Racing are 9/2. Seems high!

Sure you're not mixing up their name with the odds? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Racing team anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

errlloyd wrote: »
    Racing team anyone

15. Louis Dupichot; 14. Teddy Thomas, 13. Virimi Vakatawa, 12. Henry Chavancy, 11. Marc Andreu; 10. Pat Lambie, 9. Teddy Iribaren;
    1. Eddy Ben Arous, 2. Camille Chat, 3. Cedate Gomes Sa, 4. Donnacha Ryan, 5. Leone Nakarawa, 6. Wenceslas Lauret, 7. Bernard Le Roux, 8. Yannick Nyanga

16. Ole Avei, 17. Vasil Kakovin, 18. Census Johnston, 19. Boris Palu, 20. Baptiste Chouzenoux, 21. Antoine Gibert, 22. Dan Carter, 23. Joe Rokocoko

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/lineups.php

The only starting XV change from the SF is at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Kick off 16.45 Irish time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Rob Kearney (195)
    14. Jordan Larmour (19)
    13. Garry Ringrose (47)
    12. Robbie Henshaw (23)
    11. Isa Nacewa (182) CAPTAIN
    10. Johnny Sexton (146)
    9. Luke McGrath (92)
    1. Cian Healy (188)
    2. Seán Cronin (150)
    3. Tadhg Furlong (81)
    4. Devin Toner (215)
    5. James Ryan (12)
    6. Scott Fardy (19)
    7. Dan Leavy (52)
    8. Jordi Murphy (104)

16. James Tracy (63)
    17. Jack McGrath (130)
    18. Andrew Porter (27)
    19. Rhys Ruddock (140)
    20. Jack Conan (71)
    21. Jamison Gibson-Park (50)
    22. Joey Carbery (35)
    23. Rory O’Loughlin (40)

https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/preview/leinster-rugby-team-face-racing-92-announced/

That's a winning team but disappointed for Lowe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Strongest team I've seen this season by far. Plenty of cover in the backs between Larmour/ROL/Carbery too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jordi Murphy must be raging with himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Given that Munster's front row gave them some hassle, I'd like to think it could be an area we could really get some joy out of

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

irishfan9 wrote: »
    i expect imhoff and carter to start.
    I won't be asking you for the Lotto numbers. :D :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I think it's worth mentioning that a few months ago Eddie O'Sullivan bemoaned the signing of James Lowe because it would hinder Jordan Larmour's development.

Now he's a Grand Slam winner and will start the European Cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Clegg wrote: »
    I think it's worth mentioning that a few months ago Eddie O'Sullivan bemoaned the signing of James Lowe because it would hinder Jordan Larmour's development.

Now he's a Grand Slam winner and will start the European Cup final.

Conversely, how many times did I read on here that "he's not ready"?

Now he's a grand slam winner and will start a European Cup Final.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

awec wrote: »
    Jordi Murphy must be raging with himself.

At this stage, regrets would do neither himself nor Ulster any good. I expect him to hit the ground running and do his best for his new club. Nothing less. He's a pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

very strong team - the only question I would have does Jordi deserve it over conan ? - not much in it , either way -

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭durthacht

Barry Daly is unlucky to miss out to ROL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

durthacht wrote: »
    Barry Daly is unlucky to miss out to ROL.

rol covers 13 and wing.

thebaz wrote: »
    very strong team - the only question I would have does Jordi deserve it over conan ? - not much in it , either way -

He absolutely does.

Been in flying form since the 6N.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

thebaz wrote: »
    I think Conan is still carrying a bit of a niggle. Probably good enough to start, but might be just a bit too risky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Murphy is a better player than Conan. Even if Murphy isn't raging, I am.

Very strong team. Ruddock on the bench gives us a different option against (hopefully) tiring Frenchies.

Should win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Jordi Murphy is a far better player than Conan and his performances in 2018 are comfortably the best we've seen consistently at 8 since Heaslip was injured.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Jordi Murphy is a far better player than Conan and his performances in 2018 are comfortably the best we've seen consistently at 8 since Heaslip was injured.

I agree, Murphy has more to his game at the moment and is in very good form.

I think Conan offers a bit more with ball in hand and against a big French pack that could be useful, but it will probably be more useful after 60 minutes of high intensity rugby coming off the bench given how Racing faded against Munster.

I'll be really surprised if we lost this. It's been such a great year for Irish rugby that I'll live with it, but this Leinster team have done everything asked of them and done it the hard way. I believe they are the better team and hope they do themselves justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,578 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Buer wrote: »

I see Jordi more a 6 , dont think he is big eneogh height wise for 8. Similar to SOB

I like the bench. Lots of impact across different positions. Can Porter, Ruddock and Conan really sowing into Racing whether we need to bridge a points gap or stretch it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

think murphy looks a lot better at 8 behind this monster front 5 than he will at 8 behind ulsters front 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Dan Carter and joe rokocoko as opposed to Joey Carbery and ROL. Think their impact off the bench in the backs is definitely stronger. For the most part though I’d say we are equal to or stronger than in most positions. Teddy Thomas will remain a worry though. Hopefully our defense starves him of ball all day.

It will be later this evening but anyone mind if I put together a match thread?

It will be later this evening but anyone mind if I put together a match thread?

Don’t forget the tables

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭scott1974

stephen_n wrote: »
    Dan Carter and joe rokocoko as opposed to Joey Carbery and ROL. Think their impact off the bench in the backs is definitely stronger. For the most part though I’d say we are equal to or stronger than in most positions. Teddy Thomas will remain a worry though. Hopefully our defense starves him of ball all day.

37 year old Census Johnson on the bench... I'd say that's a "break glass in case of emergency" situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

stephen_n wrote: »
    Don’t forget the tables

or the "Messas"..
    ..or would that be "Taulak" seen as in the Basque region?

• Advertisement

wp_rathead wrote: »
    or the "Messas"..
    ..or would that be "Taulak" seen as in the Basque region?

It’s not Molloy doing it, it won’t be that hipster.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement