Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fancies For Today III

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Movie Set would be my banker today if I could ignore it's last run on the Aw ran two good races over hurdles before that and will be better going left handed today .Stable going well and Brendan Powell back on board makes this a good bet with money back if 2nd to fav in Powers.Goes at 7 15 in Uttox and despite its last run I put 60 to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

the uttox card, the whole card and nothing but the card.
    hoping for profit using €1 stake on everything 5-1 and under and €1 e/w on all over 5-1

6:10 Tir Dubh 15/2
    6:40 great tempo 5-1
    7:15 linganno felice 8/13 !!! ffs!! (cmon sean ocasey!)
    7:45 Jassas 8-1
    8:15 Major Davis 11/2
    8:45 Kiwayu 12-1
    9:15 keep the river 15/8

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    7.55 zabeel star 5/1

I'd be surprised if this didn't go close to winning but see it an ew bet to nothing

3rd @ 5/2fav

lost 4/5 lengths at the start but escobar won it quite easily (fair ol drift there too from last night)

3rd @ 5/2fav

lost 4/5 lengths at the start but escobar won it quite easily (fair ol drift there too from last night)

gutted ..lost my double by a hoof!!! knew escobar would win easy though...class horse..

everything else a bust, still have a hope of the uttox card turning a profit, 2 winners and a NR so far

gutted ..lost my double by a hoof!!! knew escobar would win easy though...class horse..

everything else a bust, still have a hope of the uttox card turning a profit, 2 winners and a NR so far

talk about losing by a snot sgt...

I certainly wouldn't have touched zabeel star at that joke of a price.

some market in the last at leop, second fav 12s into 3 and two others go from 9/2 to 11/1 and 6/1 out to 14s
    tempted by ask susan at 14s but they rarely win here when the drift like that

edit, yoke that went from 9/2 out to 11/1 won it.

• Advertisement

Movie Set would be my banker today if I could ignore it's last run on the Aw ran two good races over hurdles before that and will be better going left handed today .Stable going well and Brendan Powell back on board makes this a good bet with money back if 2nd to fav in Powers.Goes at 7 15 in Uttox and despite its last run I put 60 to win.
    Nearly pulled it off made a few mistakes that was the difference.Have the 60 quid back in free bets so hoping to turn it into cash tomorrow..

the uttox card, the whole card and nothing but the card.
    hoping for profit using €1 stake on everything 5-1 and under and €1 e/w on all over 5-1

6:10 Tir Dubh 15/2
    6:40 great tempo 5-1
    7:15 linganno felice 8/13 !!! ffs!! (cmon sean ocasey!)
    7:45 Jassas 8-1
    8:15 Major Davis 11/2
    8:45 Kiwayu 12-1
    9:15 keep the river 15/8

well profit made, good fun....gutted i swapped out celtic monarch though lol

6:10 Tir Dubh 15/2 lost
    6:40 great tempo 5-1 lost
    7:15 linganno felice 8/13 !!! ffs!! Won €3.13
    7:45 Jassas 8-1 Won €11.60
    8:15 Major Davis 11/2 NR
    8:45 Kiwayu 12-1 lost
    9:15 keep the river 15/8 Won €5.75

€14 spent, 7 races\picks, €2 back on NR, so €12 spent, €20.48, profit of €8.48

oh and yes made a mistake should have said €2 on 5-1 and under lol

8.15g jazeel 4/1

3 places 10/11 skyb

bigger stake on the place

this one lost out narrowly last time when coming from last with two out and having to switch wide
    would be sweet on this had this been another furlong but if it gets going in plenty of time it might just get there, does look like it needs a strongly run race though.

Put the 60 free bets on SAROOG at evens,horses that run up a sequence of seconds are often found to be ungenuine,however i believe SAROOG is honest enough and his 2nd last run was particularly good so i had no hesitation in backing him tonight even if he is giving a good bit of weight to the 3 year olds.Surya the 2nd fav is trained by Gosden but i think its destined for handicaps.

8.15g jazeel 4/1

3 places 10/11 skyb

bigger stake on the place

this one lost out narrowly last time when coming from last with two out and having to switch wide
    would be sweet on this had this been another furlong but if it gets going in plenty of time it might just get there, does look like it needs a strongly run race though.

3rd

definitely needs another furlong or two

• Advertisement

Put the 60 free bets on SAROOG at evens,horses that run up a sequence of seconds are often found to be ungenuine,however i believe SAROOG is honest enough and his 2nd last run was particularly good so i had no hesitation in backing him tonight even if he is giving a good bit of weight to the 3 year olds.Surya the 2nd fav is trained by Gosden but i think its destined for handicaps.

11/10 sp may not be a great price but SAROOG did it well and the gelding may win a few more this season and i am happy with the result.

Not up to the usual standard Sat wit Ascot coming up but a few nags look worth an interest on a day when we might be wise not to have too many bets.

My first bet is MUKHAYYAM in the mile and a half handicap at York confined to lady amateur riders.
    The horse was 2nd in this last year when slowly away and in last place before running on strongly to finish 2nd behind Tapis Libre under the same rider,E Easterby.

Tapis Libre is not as good now and should not be able to beat MUKHAYYAM who would appear to be trained with this race in mind and who has won over the course and distance last year.

A 2nd place finish over a mile two furlongs at Chester 3 weeks ago should have the horse spot on for this and is a very good ew bet at around 5 or 6 to 1.

RIO RONALDO won the 2 35 at Sandown last year and can win it again.He likes to come late and if there is a good gallop the stiff track is ideal and with A Atzeni on board should be hard to beat and the 6/1 available makes this a good ew bet.

Royal Mezyan is well handicapped and i will have a small saver at the best price.Is 12/1 now but could go off bigger.

My only other bet is SPANISH CITY in the 2 25 at York,only won by a head last time but seemed to win snugly and has bags of improvement.

His previous 6th in the Victoria Cup at Ascot was very good form in a field of good handicappers who have franked the form and he should have something in hand off his mark of 91,only 3 lbs higher than for his last two runs.5/2 with most bookies i think this one will win. and go on to better things.

sandown
    2:35 delegate this lord 9-1..never far away

3:15 zwayyan 15/2, getting closer

fontwell
    7:55 lord topper 11-1, forget the come back run. trip and ground will suit and yard going well

8:25 spiritofchartwell 11/2 good 2nd at distance and short be in the mix as they say

Downpatrick

3:05 show and go 8-1

Limerick

5:10 swanson 11-1**

3.35 citron major 10/1

4.05 duck egg blue 10/1

ew singles/ew double

bigger stake on citron

• Registered Users Posts: 35,572 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Neola 33-1 5 places paddy power

I really like this, should go close. Ran on last time out over 6f, running on well, 3rd to Gabrials Saints, the favourite here.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Just got a text for lady of the sea in the 3.40 at downpatrick. Inside info. Expecting a win. Currently 7/1.

Ah well.

3.35 citron major 10/1

4.05 duck egg blue 10/1

ew singles/ew double

bigger stake on citron

not good, duck egg slow away and plenty of money for it so one
    to watch out for next time

Not up to the usual standard Sat wit Ascot coming up but a few nags look worth an interest on a day when we might be wise not to have too many bets.

My first bet is MUKHAYYAM in the mile and a half handicap at York confined to lady amateur riders.
    The horse was 2nd in this last year when slowly away and in last place before running on strongly to finish 2nd behind Tapis Libre under the same rider,E Easterby.

Tapis Libre is not as good now and should not be able to beat MUKHAYYAM who would appear to be trained with this race in mind and who has won over the course and distance last year.

A 2nd place finish over a mile two furlongs at Chester 3 weeks ago should have the horse spot on for this and is a very good ew bet at around 5 or 6 to 1.

RIO RONALDO won the 2 35 at Sandown last year and can win it again.He likes to come late and if there is a good gallop the stiff track is ideal and with A Atzeni on board should be hard to beat and the 6/1 available makes this a good ew bet.

Royal Mezyan is well handicapped and i will have a small saver at the best price.Is 12/1 now but could go off bigger.

My only other bet is SPANISH CITY in the 2 25 at York,only won by a head last time but seemed to win snugly and has bags of improvement.

His previous 6th in the Victoria Cup at Ascot was very good form in a field of good handicappers who have franked the form and he should have something in hand off his mark of 91,only 3 lbs higher than for his last two runs.5/2 with most bookies i think this one will win. and go on to better things.
    Beaten a head for place money and beaten a nose for place money.

sandown
    2:35 delegate this lord 9-1..never far away
    2nd
    3:15 zwayyan 15/2, getting closer
    lost
    fontwell
    7:55 lord topper 11-1, forget the come back run. trip and ground will suit and yard going well
    2nd
    8:25 spiritofchartwell 11/2 good 2nd at distance and short be in the mix as they say
    2nd

Downpatrick

3:05 show and go 8-1
    lost
    Limerick

5:10 swanson 11-1**
    lost

muh 2nds or nothing, expected better of swanson and show and go

3.50 jacob black 2/1
    7.50 isle of man 9/4

singles/double @ 9.75 sunbets

both won very easily last time out and the opposition isn't the strongest today.
    both are favourite also :P

• Advertisement

ngwykl.jpg

not much you can't do about that...that's jacob coming out of the stall

looked to have every chance a furlong out, not sure fanning was even trying to win or is that just pocket talk?

FITZSIMMONS 9.OC Windoor was well beaten last time but the price suggested a quiet run.Is 5 to 1 with Lads who are money back usual terms if 2nd to the fav so I have a few quid ew.The stable do well here with similiarn types.

3.20 lady aurelia 15/8 big bet for me

2.30 recoletos 6/1 ew

4.20 tip two win 6/1 ew

5.0 coeur de lion 7/1 ew backed last twice when it just failed...have to give it one more chance though not sure what to expect

2.45th kingstreet lady 8/1 ew drifting but the form behind eh bah gum is pretty strong

5.35 mirage dancer 9/2 ew

all bet 365, hopefully a few winners and a few free bets as a result

fourfolds/accum
    coeur de lion 4 places
    mirage dancer 3 place
    tip two win 3 places
    recoletos 3 places
    lady aurelia 2 places
    4 fold/accum (33/1)
    coral

3.20 lady aurelia 15/8 big bet for me

2.30 recoletos 6/1 ew

4.20 tip two win 6/1 ew

5.0 coeur de lion 7/1 ew backed last twice when it just failed...have to give it one more chance though not sure what to expect

2.45th kingstreet lady 8/1 ew drifting but the form behind eh bah gum is pretty strong

5.35 mirage dancer 9/2 ew

all bet 365, hopefully a few winners and a few free bets as a result

fourfolds/accum
    coeur de lion 4 places
    mirage dancer 3 place
    tip two win 3 places
    recoletos 3 places
    lady aurelia 2 places
    4 fold/accum (33/1)
    coral

worst day in a long time

5 places coeur de lion (6th)
    4 places mirage (5th)
    3 places tip two win (4th)
    king street lady 2nd

lady aurelia very poor

hate this craic at times

Away from Ascot Captain Mowbray is one I put up here in the past an out and out stayer who likes good ground is up 9 lbs for an easy win last time and is valucky ew at 10 to 1 in the 4 45 at Uttox.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Away from Ascot Captain Mowbray is one I put up here in the past an out and out stayer who likes good ground is up 9 lbs for an easy win last time and is valucky ew at 10 to 1 in the 4 45 at Uttox.

Actually running in the 1720.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,870 ✭✭✭thesandeman

That's 5:20 Zim.
    Snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

Settle for bay 14/1 5:00, heard this one is fancied to go well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Settle for bay 14/1 5:00, heard this one is fancied to go well

That was impressive

• Advertisement

2.30 main edition 11/2 ew 4 places
    3.40 billesdon brook 6/1 ew
    5.0 agrotera 11/2 ew 6 places
    5.35 count calabash 8/1 ew 5 places

ew trebles/ew accum

It'll be bingo for me if none of these oblige although 4 places would be ok also :cool:

Advertisement