Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

And the reason they never released it in the west was because they thought there was no market for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

To be fair, there is a MUCH bigger portion of a Nintendo DS playerbase in asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

And the reason they never released it in the west was because they thought there was no market for it :pac:

The first entry in the series had a western release a few months after it was released in the Japan, only about 200k copies were sold though.

This is only the second time a console version has sold more than a millions copies, PSP/3DS sales are about 30 million though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Multiple versions have been released in the west and came nowhere near being this successful so they weren't exactly wrong, beyond the ardent fanbase it already had in the west it didn't make much of a dent until MHW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

What's the deal with joining quests? I have to capture Zorah and saw that another player posted the quest but I couldn't join. Something along the lines of having not progressed enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

What's the deal with joining quests? I have to capture Zorah and saw that another player posted the quest but I couldn't join. Something along the lines of having not progressed enough.

You have to complete the assigned Zorah quest first, that quest you couldn't join was most likely the optional Zorah quest that appears randomly every so often. You have to complete the assigned one before you can accept higher quests or even that Zorah optional quest.

Seems weird that they introduce Tempered Monsters (in terms of the linear progression anyway) in the form of BezelGoose and Kirin. 2 bulls**t monsters to fight. I end up fighting Tempered Paolumu and his ilk after it's actually not too bad. Talk about a baptism of fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Killed the Anjanath yesterday(yes im way behind) but man that was satisfying,took 2 tries.. fainted once on the 2nd try...But absolutely hammered him/her after that.. I only get to play in fits and starts so geting that early milestone out of the way was nice

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I didn't expect to be still playing this game after 130 hours.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I didn't expect to be still playing this game after 130 hours.

Same here, 130 hours in now too. It's just so satisfying going from finding a Monster challenging to ganking the f**k outta them.

Also the weekly event with the 3 basic bois is so cathartic.
    Equip a Thuder weapon, bandit mantle and just go ham

• Advertisement

What a kill.

What a kill.

Lol. Had the exact same thing happen to me once. Rewards and all :D I felt strangely guilty.

What the actual f**k :pac:

On a side note the music that plays when you down a monster is an absolute tune.

THE PICKLE IS COMING!!! MARCH 22ND!!!!!!!!! THE PICKLE RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm.. maybe a little excited about the Pickle's return......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Hitting nearly 300 hrs on this and its a fabulous game but gets a little repetitive hitting rank 100 in fairness.

Just looking for advice,ive a tonne of investigtions sitting there,and am at that point in the game where the next mission is "One for the History Books"

Would you recommend finishing up investgations etc before taking that mission?

Ah, no you'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Just looking for advice,ive a tonne of investigtions sitting there,and am at that point in the game where the next mission is "One for the History Books"

Investigations are endless, they're there mainly to help you farm certain mats for crafting and currency. Dont worry about completing them, focus on main and side quests, if you want a specific armour/weapon, use investigations to fight the monster you need to kill repeatedly.

• Advertisement

sound!

its my first Monster hunter game so it doesnt entirely make sense yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

sound!

its my first Monster hunter game so it doesnt entirely make sense yet

Me to, there is a lot to absorb, dont worry :D

There'll come a time where you'll realise the entire game is just a big carrot on a stick attached to a merry go round, but by then you'll be hooked and it won't really matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Any boards squad to join?

Grayditch wrote: »
    There'll come a time where you'll realise the entire game is just a big carrot on a stick attached to a merry go round, but by then you'll be hooked and it won't really matter :)

Oh,its got me hooked already.and i normally hate grindy games but this is different for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Nergigante is kicking my ass.

Have tried him with hammer, longsword, and lance but still he wrecks me.

First major roadblock I’ve encountered so far.

Nergigante is kicking my ass.

Have tried him with hammer, longsword, and lance but still he wrecks me.

First major roadblock I’ve encountered so far.

Are you using Kadachi Fang III?
    I find its best to just stay under his 4 legs and whack away at him tbh.
    Use the vitality mantle as get-out-of-jail panic button

tonydude wrote: »
    Any boards squad to join?

There is a group of us from Destiny that play together, you are more then welcome to join the squad mate. Most of us are ranked 60-140 so looking for stuff to do now so helping you be no probs.

• Advertisement

If you clear all the optional missions (the one with the stars) before you do the last story mission you will get a huge rank boost when you finish the story.

I did not do this and went from rank 15 to 41, where as my mate had them all done and ended up at rank 60.

Just a heads up for the new kids on the block.

Advertisement