Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monster Hunter World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lunastra is abit of a ****. She's pretty much a better version of Teostra, not to mention she feels hella tanky even more than Baal Hazak.

There is fire all over the area you fight her in and her super nova seems unavoidable. Well the first part atleast. Dreading the temp fight

Apart from that the new mantle seems OP as hell. It doesn't break like other mantles and it based on time use only. On Luna it avoided ever attack she did with a short 1 second animation.

Ah. I see why she feels so tanky. She may indeed have a higher HP pool than Vaal, but her weak spots have only 2 stars for bladed weapons.

Difference is huge. Was critting against Teos head for 75 with my SnS and only 50 or so against Lunas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

That new mantle, all the 'ultra instinct' memes already haha. Even with lunatra's release, I'm still not relly bothered about dusting off the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lunastra can eat a bag of dicks, here, I said it.

Carted in that introduction arena quest with lance. Then finally managed to repeal her with GS. Her attacks have stupid reach and when she starts chaining that **** its pretty much impossible to survive.
    The only option I can see against her is ranged weapons. There are **** all openings for melee people. Unless you are very good at mounting her arse.
    Tried only once duo quest with randomers and anyone melee just carted right away.

Will go in to it later. For now, its fortnite time.

Lunastra can eat a bag of dicks, here, I said it.

Carted in that introduction arena quest with lance. Then finally managed to repeal her with GS. Her attacks have stupid reach and when she starts chaining that **** its pretty much impossible to survive.
    The only option I can see against her is ranged weapons. There are **** all openings for melee people. Unless you are very good at mounting her arse.
    Tried only once duo quest with randomers and anyone melee just carted right away.

Will go in to it later. For now, its fortnite time.

Often when fighting Teostra he would attack and I would dodge or not dodge in some cases. But often I feel like I should have been hit by his attack and it would miss me. For Lunastra it's the opposite, with many times I felt like I dodged the attack and it would still clip me. I heard of similar horror stories about previous games involving a Monster named Pleisoth.

Fought her with a SnS and GL so far with the GL being the better of the two because I can hit her anywhere with that consistent shelling damage. SnS just feels like it takes forever even with an Ice build. Gonna try tonight with a Longsword. It's mobility and range I feel will work wonders.

• Advertisement

Often when fighting Teostra he would attack and I would dodge or not dodge in some cases. But often I feel like I should have been hit by his attack and it would miss me. For Lunastra it's the opposite, with many times I felt like I dodged the attack and it would still clip me. I heard of similar horror stories about previous games involving a Monster named Pleisoth.

Fought her with a SnS and GL so far with the GL being the better of the two because I can hit her anywhere with that consistent shelling damage. SnS just feels like it takes forever even with an Ice build. Gonna try tonight with a Longsword. It's mobility and range I feel will work wonders.

Yup, mobility and range what you need. Lance was really hard. Ironically lance is one of the most mobile weapons, but when whole fight is "dont stand in green ****", it becomes really rough.
    I find that there are very little openings with her. Heavy bow gun though can really get her as she has a lot better weak points.

All in all I hate Teostra and now fighting its wife, who has waaaay bigger balls then the old man, is not fun. :pac:
    Oh yeah, her ultimate move is a load of shiet. Specially in arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There are **** all openings for melee people.

As a Melee player. Having DevilJho, the the Raid boss and now this i'm just very turned off.

Also f**k decoration drop rates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Sitting waiting on a pc release :(

Haha you noobs :p Haven't fought her yet as I still haven't been back in the game, geez must be 2+ months now. But come on, Teo? He's a pussy cat :D As for Luna, 10 minutes tops with my LS when I eventually face her, I bet you 10 wyvern stones! :D Git gud peeps!! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah, no excuse just produce!!!!

lol

• Advertisement

By the way, is she limited time? Or like DevilJho? I had **** all time to play lately.

By the way, is she limited time? Or like DevilJho? I had **** all time to play lately.

Lunastra? 99% sure she's permanent. I still haven't been on since around the time Kulve Taroth was initially released :eek: Just no interest really. To be honest I'm starting to regret buying the PS4 and not waiting for the PC release. It's probably one of the best games in the series, but the sheer lack of areas and the monster roster just doesn't shower me with any inclination to keep playing. Add 2 or 3 new areas and add a lot more monsters to hunt (particularly old favourites - rajang, tigrex, zinogre, brachydios, monoblos, etc etc etc[regular monsters, not elder dragons, yes add them too but focus on regular ones first]), then my fire would be reignited to play but, until that happens I'm just not really bothered :( G-rank as well.

Dunno if its going to be announced at the Sony conference at E3, but it looks like there has been a leak of the Final Fantasy content to hit MH

https://imgur.com/a/1q6SjYR

Is that a DevilJho in his mount? :O

Rejoice Mortals.

Rejoice Mortals.

****ing yes.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this If anyone else on pc is picking it up

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on this If anyone else on pc is picking it up

The 60FPS plus possible higher graphic fidelity is super tempting but i have spent 287 Hours on the PS4 version, starting fresh and losing all of my "grind" would be a killer

The 60FPS plus possible higher graphic fidelity is super tempting but i have spent 287 Hours on the PS4 version, starting fresh and losing all of my "grind" would be a killer

In my opinion, MH games like Dark souls games - not for mouse and keyboard. I can't see it being fun or functional.
    I am glad its on pc and for more players, but I am happy with xbox one x offering.

In my opinion, MH games like Dark souls games - not for mouse and keyboard. I can't see it being fun or functional.
    I am glad its on pc and for more players, but I am happy with xbox one x offering.

If only pc had some sort of port controllers fit into

Not bothered at all about the PC version. Jesus I still haven't picked up the controller to play World since before Lunastra was released, even several weeks before she was released and that was a good few weeks back now. I'm almost more interested in Generations Ultimate now than I am picking up World again.

Just FYI, Gen Ult is releasing on the Switch end of... August I think and it's old school MH style. So if World was your first game, the old style mechanics will feel completely alien to you:
    - Different armour skill system
    - Different jewel and decoration system
    - Non-open world gameplay (loaded zones on a map)
    - Various things added in World not present (crafting system, certain quest conditions, MANY weapon style playabilities, etc)
    - Perhaps most important, non-health scaled monsters for high and g-rank when hunting solo/offline
    - Online quests, particularly urgent quests, work almost completely differently (e.g. for online urgent quests, it only counts as being 'complete' for you if you are the one that posted the quest)
    - Many more

Not trying to scare anyone off or anything but it will be completely different. On the upside, the monster roster is A LOT bigger and of course there's G-Rank.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

If only pc had some sort of port controllers fit into

That's crazy, it'll never happen.

Rob2D wrote: »
    That's crazy, it'll never happen.

Nope, it would worse then cats and dogs sleeping together. Will never happen!

Was tempted to get a switch to play GU but the more videos I watch of it the more I get turned off it. I played portable 3rd a few weeks ago and the shallow moveset on the weapons put me off, along with stuff like zone loading, inventory system and couple of other things. Tried the sword and shield and it felt very basic with no jump attack and no direction change with the triangle string. Switch Axe form also only had 2 attacks and no powered up state. Super boring

I also like hunting solo unless it's a really big monster like Kulve, Xeno or Jho. Fought a Temp Rathlos the other day in a 4 player game and it was just a cluster **** of people attack the knocked monster with particle effects all over the screen. Far from fun. But the two man arena quests are alot of fun. I think 2 or maybe 3 players would be the ideal number for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I have never played one of these games before but this game is a god damned hoot. I was regretting putting 50 quid on it but after a day of hunting I feel I got my moneys worth. I might have to sit up until the early hours tonight.

So has anyone been playing this since they released The Behemoth? I'm not a fan of multiplayer but this may be my favourite hunt in the game so far, even if I only have 1 kill out of 15 or so attempts. They really captured the essence of the fight from Final Fantasy 14 while not straying to far from it being a Monster hunter fight. The only problem I have with it is that randoms die alot.

Even when I play full support with para SnS they always find someway to die or make it so I sometimes have to spam heal them. I have started to abandon quests if the team get 2 carts before phase 4 because it's far to risky considering how aggressive he is in that last phase.

Otherwise, great fight! Might pick the game up on PC for a fresh casual run through the game

Still not unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

17gb on PC, fcuk it got it.

This is pretty good but fcuk me they like their menus.

Its like the Witcher needs a Masters degree before he kills something, there are some issues with the online play. It works but kinda convoluted trying to join a buddy. Steam PLay doesnt seem to be 100% working.

I can see this being played a lot, I need better **** :)

Not impressed with not getting 60fps in 4K but it was mentioned that the game uses a lot of resources, see how it goes after a patch/driver.

4E30E6E0E811C8C150597E890DBA3BC62E3F4210

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

how does it play with mouse and keyboard, i got it with a ps4 pro when it came out but havent touched it since i finished the story

• Advertisement

Using Xbox controller, wouldnt use KB/Mouse for an action game.

Advertisement