Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monster Hunter World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Seems to be a good introduction to the series from some of the reviews I've been reading. Any truth to that from some of you more experienced Hunters around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gizmo wrote: »
    Seems to be a good introduction to the series from some of the reviews I've been reading. Any truth to that from some of you more experienced Hunters around here?

As someone who has never played a monster hunter game, it seems like this is the most straightforward one to start. It's hard to know how much the obtuse nature of some aspects has been exaggerated though - I always avoided Dark Souls due to the fearsome reputation it had, but when I eventually played it, It became one of my favorite series ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »

The only review that matters to me is Gaijin Hunters and he gives it flying colours in spades.

Love what I see and I want to play it. Thing is I am on a policy of cutting down on games and focusing on one good rpg and back up shooters to change it up a bit.

Right now my brain says to me to finish witcher, which will be in 2020. :pac:, but I know myself, on friday night after work I will be putting those cc details as fierce as Rathalos pounds your arse when knocked over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre-loaded and ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Disappointed that there's no Switch version, and that there's such a long wait for the PC version!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Star Lord wrote: »
    Disappointed that there's no Switch version, and that there's such a long wait for the PC version!

It be great on switch. Surprised it’s not launching there. I assume it’ll come though considering Nintendo were instrumental in its success over the years.

I’m probably going to buy it on PS4 and play it remotely on my Vita kicked back on my couch.

I played nearly 3 hours (until the battery finally died) of xenoblade chronicles X on the Wii U last night on the game pad reclined on the couch.

Some games just suit a chilled out approach.

Doom on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Any idea what the Argos price is? They have the game up on site but no price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,195 ✭✭✭maximoose

Odd request - anyone who has bought a physical copy of this on Xbox, could you send me a picture of the disc?!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Any idea what the Argos price is? They have the game up on site but no price.

Still no price on Argos.

Smyths selling for €59.99 on both PS4 and XBOne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Stayed up till 6am playing this. Went with the dual blades and can't help but feel the game is to easy. I used alot of the slower weapons in the demo so I was getting hit often enough, But the blades give me so much mobility, attack speed, damage and ability to change direction mid combo make them seems very strong.

Having said that the strongest monsters I have faced where Barroth and Jyurados so maybe the monster Hunter vets out there will laugh at me as they may be considered easy fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I bought this on the US Psn on my US account and I was able to activate the preorder dlc on my account.

There's a 10% discount on the US Psn and with the dollar being weak you can buy it for $54/€44.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

It's 54.99 in argos, checked in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Very tempted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Picked it up in argos for €55, was tempted to go to GameStop and pay €70 though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

nix wrote: »
    Picked it up in argos for €55, was tempted to go to GameStop and pay €70 though

Better customer service in gamestop, what with all the little add ons they charge you for, you won't get that in argos.

:pac:

• Still on the fence for this one, for those interested time to platinum is about 300-400 hours :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Well pulled the trigger and got the Rathalos PS4 Pro Bundle from GAME, bad news is that I will not have my hands on it till Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 icat

I got the game today, but a bit expensive, anyone play as a team?

• icat wrote: »
    I got the game today, but a bit expensive, anyone play as a team?

Might want to let folk know what system you're on. :)

Xenji wrote: »
    bad news is that I will not have my hands on it till Wednesday.

Ohhhhh sure God love ya xenji :pac: :-P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Mickeroo wrote: »

Hitman for 23.99 in Argos was the cheapest of the ones I checked on the list so should get you Monster hunter for about 45 if you do the leg work.

What an opening!

Can you not do story missions with other people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Can you not do story missions with other people ?

I found this online

"Assigned Quests (essentially replacing key quests, for those familiar with the series) come with cutscenes now, more elaborate than the Monster Ecology scenes we’re familiar with. These cutscenes, which generally trigger when a monster is found in an Assigned Quest, must be viewed before you can play the Assigned Quest with another person.

To get around this, my hunting partner and I would both start the quest at the same time, then, I would drop out of the quest as soon as I saw the cutscene, and join his - after he too viewed the cutscene, of course.

You do only have to play an assigned story quest solo once before you can fight the same monster with others as many times as you’d like under Optional Quests, so though annoying at first, in reality the attempted forced solo-hunting only takes up a tiny portion of play."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

God i want to play this so bad, damn capcom and their PC delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

VinLieger wrote: »
    God i want to play this so bad, damn capcom and their PC delay.

i know im like ugh maybe il pick up a used ps4 give us a dam date for pc !! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 icat

Might want to let folk know what system you're on. :)

I am on PS4
    my PSN: MeowChris
    My MH experience from 3G to XX (3DS) japanese ver.
    Welcome to team with me play together :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

As big fan of MH series I am, I will have to hold out on it for a bit. :(

Money is a bit tight and I am playing Witcher 3. If I will get MH, it will mean I will abandon Witcher game again.

I am really jealous of all hunters out there right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i know im like ugh maybe il pick up a used ps4 give us a dam date for pc !! :mad:

Yeah im searching for cheap ps4's but finding it hard to justify it for 1 game even one this awesome plus PC fingers crossed will have all the bugs worked out and just look better

Advertisement