Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Werewolf XXII - Teaser

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    This is actually what I was planning on doing next year whenever I mod a game again. A totally randomised evil list where everyone gets a named character. Was thinking of using Fr Ted for it. Everyone's a bastard in that show and there's no obvious roles so anyone can be the priest/seer/wolf.

Eh, most of them are the priest :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Eh, most of them are the priest :P
    Exactly. No one is more obviously the priest than anyone else.
    The other options me and Mr Molly discussed using for it were Battlestar Galactica, Friends or Southpark. You need a show where it's an ensemble with not too much focus on job titles. It's harder to think of than you'd expect!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Exactly. No one is more obviously the priest than anyone else. The other options me and Mr Molly discussed using for it were Battlestar Galactica, Friends or Southpark. You need a show where it's an ensemble with not too much focus on job titles. It's harder to think of than you'd expect!

A follow up star trek game now that everyone has been assimilated and is a borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pter wrote: »
    A follow up star trek game now that everyone has been assimilated and is a borg.

Don't think I didn't think of that! Too soon for a repeat of a theme I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Don't think I didn't think of that! Too soon for a repeat of a theme I think.

And I’m still not Worf!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm planning a secret game that I'm hoping will grab some fresh blood from my own usual haunts on boards

Thinking next Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm 100% in by the way, I'm a big Disney fan!

Can I be Sven?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So many characters... We'll just have to have a record amount of sign ups to fit them in :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pinocchio would probably be the interesting , tasks are all lying related but thankfully nobody can see your face. If I had to pick maybe I'd go Simba or more likely Genie though... please no Olaf!

There are so many Disney princesses I'd probably make them all villagers if names were linked to roles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd also accept the role of uncle Remus and would completely take the pish in that role... so maybe don't make that happen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I dont think we will be giving everyone a name as previously shown the gamebreaking error in that

I wonder if you could get around it by saying in the PMs to 75% of the people "You are not allowed to role reveal on thread"?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I wonder if you could get around it by saying in the PMs to 75% of the people "You are not allowed to role reveal on thread"?

nope then people wont be able to fake claim etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Didn't everyone have a name in the Buffy game?

Well I’m princess aurora whether you like it or not. I will play the entire game in an age 6 sleeping beauty dress too!

No. I was vig and then respawned as an nrv. Think that was buffy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lord TSC wrote: »

It would in theory work but then disallows fake claims as raze said which is a part of the game. Sadly there's no real way to do it without doing what sKeith said and naming all characters, then randing roles so despite who your named character is you could be evil or not.
    Didn't everyone have a name in the Buffy game?

The initial plan was to name all NRVs but it was pointed out to us that even not naming them in OP wouldn't be enough to prevent a mass reveal. We had a series of fake names lined up for the wolves to claim but abandoned the idea entirely and just went with NRVs.

I'd love to name all the NRVs to allow for better immersion personally, but aside from simply using the theme as flavour and using sKeith's idea there's no real way to do so.

Although... I could be talking through my hoop and have done something entirely different... you'll all just have to wait and find out I guess ;);)

Just give everyone 5 character names that'd sort it :D

Character names independent of role would do it. Very possible with X-Men as most of the X-Men have been goodies and baddies at one stage or another so hard to tell if someone is bad or good based off character alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Pter wrote: »
    Character names independent of role would do it. Very possible with X-Men as most of the X-Men have been goodies and baddies at one stage or another so hard to tell if someone is bad or good based off character alone.

Mr Sinister.........yup im as good as it gets :P

Mr Sinister.........yup im as good as it gets

I said most of the xmen!

Not the baddies who have never been on the team

:)

• Advertisement

Poll up in new thread:

Choice is yours folks :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821062

Pter wrote:
    I'll play

beakerjoe wrote:
    In

quickbeam wrote:
    In, depending on when. Exams over but college not yet back on the last week of Jan, starting 22/1, so .... just saying????

I’ll just about make the start date but probably won’t be online for the quiz. I’ll give you my answer now tho.......

sullivlo wrote:
    Non anon for preference.

Forgot to transpose some names. Strawbs is a sign up so I'll add her now.

How's about youse other three? I can add ye to the sign up list if ye like?

Sorry necro that was in response to the proposed Xmas vanilla game. I won't have time for a Jan game

Pter wrote:
    Sorry necro that was in response to the proposed Xmas vanilla game. I won't have time for a Jan game

Cool. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necrominus wrote: »
    Forgot to transpose some names. Strawbs is a sign up so I'll add her now.

How's about youse other three? I can add ye to the sign up list if ye like?

Can't.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    In, depending on when. Exams over but college not yet back on the last week of Jan, starting 22/1, so .... just saying????

I is confused QB

Advertisement