Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? (2018 Edition)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Everlee Dirty Spruce

Fair play on beating DS3.

I have finished:

Mario Odyssey with 508 moons on Switch - brilliant game and I will be going back to try and get all the moons.

Oxenfree on Xbox One - got it as part of Games with Gold. Interesting enough story but in my opinion I would be disappointed if I bought it and spent more than 5 or 10 euro on it.

Next up is Zelda Breath of the Wild and Life is Strange Before The Storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My first game completion of 2018:

Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Odyssey: Very, very good game! Finished it with about 300 moons, so lots of reasons to go back and play the hidden worlds for more moons and retrace my steps through the more familiar worlds for the hundreds I've missed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Uncharted Lost Legacy. Enjoyable game. More of the same from Uncharted 4 but probably less focus on gunfights

And now ends Super Metroid on the Wii U VC. Started ages ago but kept stopping to play other games, or other reasons. No review really needed since everyone knows it's great. And I saved the animals. :)

Edit to add Typoman and Gunman Clive on Wii U. Short games, as you can probably guess from starting and finishing both since last night.
    Typoman could best be described as Limbo with word puzzles. I enjoyed it and it didn't outstay its welcome. I felt it could've done with more words to solve puzzles but I think the revised version may have that.
    Gunman Clive passes an hour or less. Simple run and gun which was fun while it lasted. Would've liked the ability to shoot up or diagonally but not there. Will try 2 later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So far this year

Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (3DO) outstanding game, the FMV cotscenes really give it it's own identity
    Forza 4 (Xbox 360) A solid racing game and improvement over 3
    Fatal inertia (Xbox 360) An okay at best Wipeout clone, doesnt do enough to distinguish itself.
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox one) Great campaign, had loads of fun with this. I honestly think it's biggest handicap is the COD name.
    Titanfall 2 (Xbox one) Another great time, surprisingly fun game, i loves all the platforming puzzles.
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (PC) A great arcade shooter let down by the limitations of the N64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭micko45

Borderlands 2, what a great game and fantastic coop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Started Persona 5 when it came out last year but stopped for some reason about 2/3 in. Just polished it off, great game and best JRPG Ive played in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Sonic Mania | Nintendo Switch

This is the second time I've beaten the game overall (PS4 last year) and on this playthrough I managed to unlock all modes and collect every emerald. I completed it with Sonic & Tails, my next goal is to beat it with Tails and eventually Knuckles. What a superb instalment.

Games Beaten This Year So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SONIC MANIA|NINTENDO SWITCH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I will have to check if I have beaten it on PS4, but I know that I have beaten it 100% on the PC with Sonic alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Just completed Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Great game, really enjoyed it the story was great and the fighting and weapons were very fun.

Bit disappointed in the ending though, id of been pissed off if I didn't no there was a sequel to it so it obviously continues but overall, really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Shadow of the Colossus | Playstation 4

1st time ever playing this game. I really missed out on this one. Stunning graphics, beautiful soundtrack, and very intense to play at times. Absolutely one of the best games I have played and I can definitely see why it has such a following. Unreal.

Games Beaten This Year So Far
    GAME|PLATFORM
    OXYNFREE|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SONIC MANIA|NINTENDO SWITCH
    SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS|PLAYSTATION 4

Metroid Samus Returns. Never played Metroid 2, but really liked this game.
    Said my completion time was over 15 hours, but I guess that doesn't take into account all the deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Super Mario Odyssey - Nintendo Switch
    Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4

Uncharted The Lost Legacy - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The Division - PC

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4

Crash bandicoot 3 Warped- PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finished, and Platinumed, Forma8 last night. Interesting game, handy plat for those who like them. Not single word in the whole game, and imo, infinitely better than the likes of Journey and Rime.

Just completed SUPERHOT's main game. Looking forward to the release of MIND CONTROL DELETE, which will be free to SUPERHOT owners when it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,292 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Adding another one* to my list:

Nintendo Switch

Super Mario Odyssey: Very, very good game! Finished it with about 300 moons, so lots of reasons to go back and play the hidden worlds for more moons and retrace my steps through the more familiar worlds for the hundreds I've missed

*SteamWorld Dig 2: More goodness from Image & Form, improving on the excellent SteamWorld Dig and SteamWorld Heist games. Highly recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - PS4

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - PS4 - Only two trophies away from the Platinum, but one requires starting the game over again. I'll probably come back to this at some point for the Platinum and DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

So far this year

Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger (3DO) outstanding game, the FMV cotscenes really give it it's own identity
    Forza 4 (Xbox 360) A solid racing game and improvement over 3
    Fatal inertia (Xbox 360) An okay at best Wipeout clone, doesnt do enough to distinguish itself.
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (Xbox one) Great campaign, had loads of fun with this. I honestly think it's biggest handicap is the COD name.
    Titanfall 2 (Xbox one) Another great time, surprisingly fun game, i loves all the platforming puzzles.
    Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (PC) A great arcade shooter let down by the limitations of the N64.
    Ryse: Son of Rome (Xbox one) A surprisingly enjoyable hack & slash that you can blast through in a weekend. Great story and it looks stunning but the combat gets quite repetitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭megaten

Finished Gravity Rush yesterday evening and despite having a lot of mediocre aspects I really enjoyed it. Regret not picking up the squeal when it was only 15 euro on PSN a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Finished COD WW2 = Had it for a couple of days so thought why not, i really enjoyed it first COD ive played in about ten years. I wont play multiplayer but its campaign was short and sweet around 8ish hours

Call of duty WW2 - PS4
    Crash Bandicoot 2 - PS4
    Crash bandicoot 3 Warped- PS4

Destiny 2 - PS4

The Division - PC
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - PC

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

So far

Game|Format|Date
    Uncharted The Lost Legacy|PS4|Feb
    Rime|PS4|Feb, great game
    Wolfenstein 2|PS4|3-Jan
    Abzu|PS4|1-Jan

Adding Ryse: Son of Rome

Game|Format
    The Division|PC
    Rise of the Tomb Raider|PC
    Ryse: Son of Rome|PC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally finished The Witcher 3 and it's DLC's the other night. Amazing still to this day. Even though I was getting a bit worn out, one of the directions you take in the final main quest was thoroughly enjoyable
    (Fairyland)
    so it helped me through the end.

Finished Rayman Legends on the Switch 2 or 3 days ago. 448 Teensies so far. Haven't completed Back to Origins though.

Adding Homefront: The Revolution. Awful game imo.

Game|Format
    The Division|PC
    Homefront: The Revolution|PC

• Advertisement

Flew through Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 on PC today. The sound stopped working half way through the game and would only return during cutscenes and then it would going quiet again. Had to relay on subtitles to find out what was going on. Judging from the part of the story I heard I didn't miss much.

Game|Format
    The Division|PC
    Homefront: The Revolution|PC
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 2|PC

Advertisement