Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scratch Cups 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

paulos53 wrote: »
    Do you know if it is currently Qualifying or Non-Qualifying in Youghal?

It was qualifying last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

weather gone a bit poor again jesus will we ever get a run of dry weather just to dry the place up. i reckon our place will never be qualifying this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Anyone playing rosapenna scratch cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Anyone playing rosapenna scratch cup?

Yep. 2nd yr in a row. Hope the weathers a bit better this year.

Yep. 2nd yr in a row. Hope the weathers a bit better this year.

Good luck! Junior or Senior?

I see there are 45 entrants in the Junior, not sure if it was limited to 45 but there are only 5 6 and 7 HCs.

• Advertisement

I see there are 45 entrants in the Junior, not sure if it was limited to 45 but there are only 5 6 and 7 HCs.

Senior. There was no real limit last year, so a bunch of us went up and got out. A bit stricter this year, only a handful of 3s got in to the senior and 6s with the odd 7 for the junior. Stil, 6 of us gonna chance it. Great courses, esp sandy hills, even if it ruined me last year.

Senior. There was no real limit last year, so a bunch of us went up and got out. A bit stricter this year, only a handful of 3s got in to the senior and 6s with the odd 7 for the junior. Stil, 6 of us gonna chance it. Great courses, esp sandy hills, even if it ruined me last year.
    I have the draw for the junior. I'm sure senior has been made.

I have the draw for the junior. I'm sure senior has been made.

I have it. A few 3s but 2s and lower thereafter. +3 the lowest. 6 of us heading up, 3 junior 3 senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭indabunka

Royal Curragh Intermediate Scratch Cup 20th May H/cap 10+

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

indabunka wrote: »
    Royal Curragh Intermediate Scratch Cup 20th May H/cap 10+

Have never played the Curragh, lads. Recommended?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Curragh is a great little track. A little hilly in spots but some lovely holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭indabunka

Royal Curragh....Highly recomended (but I am biased). Ireland oldest steeped in history & tradition but friendly and welcoming.

Even with the bad weather, greens are currently very good to excellent and will only get better as the weather improves. We've had qualifying golf since early April.

There is also a very good Thursday Open Singles (Sponsored by Newbridge Silverware) with weekly prizes and qualifiers for a Grand Final in September.

Not overly long by modern day standards but the short holes make up for perceived lack of yardage. Contrary to peoples knowledge of the Curragh being flat, as per previous poster the golf course is quite hilly and generally you would get to use most clubs in your bag.

Well, I'm sold - Booked! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Another vote for the Curragh, have played it a few times and really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭doublecross

Nenagh Intermediate and Junior on this Sunday if anybody interested

Timesheet for Balbriggan Intermediate & Minor on Sunday 27th May is now Open.

Just €20 for visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Cill Dara junior, inter and minor cups all this weekend €10 entry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Rathdowney this weekend Saturday and Sunday great course.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Ballykisteen Scratch Cups are on this weekend.

Handicap ranges:
    Junior 4-10
    Intermediate 11-17
    Minor 17+

Entry fee is €10 for members, €20 for visitors. I think visitors are only allowed play Sunday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

Killarney Golf and Fishing Club

Saturday 16th June

€40 non members/ €10 members

Killeen Course

Handicap limit: 
    Junior – 5 to 10, 
    Intermediate – 11 to 18

Special offer - Burger salad and fries €10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Senior Scratch this Saturday in Arklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

jtown wrote: »
    Killarney Golf and Fishing Club

Saturday 16th June

€40 non members/ €10 members

Killeen Course

Handicap limit: 
    Junior – 5 to 10, 
    Intermediate – 11 to 18

Special offer - Burger salad and fries €10

is this open to book?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭jtown

slingerz wrote: »
    is this open to book?

From Monday 28th

indabunka wrote: »
    Royal Curragh....Highly recomended (but I am biased). Ireland oldest steeped in history & tradition but friendly and welcoming.

Even with the bad weather, greens are currently very good to excellent and will only get better as the weather improves. We've had qualifying golf since early April.

There is also a very good Thursday Open Singles (Sponsored by Newbridge Silverware) with weekly prizes and qualifiers for a Grand Final in September.

Not overly long by modern day standards but the short holes make up for perceived lack of yardage. Contrary to peoples knowledge of the Curragh being flat, as per previous poster the golf course is quite hilly and generally you would get to use most clubs in your bag.

Any tips for playing the Curragh, lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Any tips for playing the Curragh, lads?

accuracy will win out

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Exactly wrote: »
    Timesheet for Balbriggan Intermediate & Minor on Sunday 27th May is now Open.

Just €20 for visitors.

Great value, what is the handicap ranges for both?

Seve OB wrote: »
    accuracy will win out

Ah B*llox...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Ah B*llox...

lol, it is a good course, not terribly long from recollection, but plenty of trees believe it or not and gorse... loads of gorse :(

17th is a beast of a par 4

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

tralee intermediate scratch cup timesheet is open. 50 euro. 3balls 10 to 18 handicaps and filling up fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

tralee intermediate scratch cup timesheet is open. 50 euro. 3balls 10 to 18 handicaps and filling up fast.
    Was crazy at 9am. Every time I picked was locked already. Eventually got a time close to what I wanted.
    Looking forward to it now. Never played there.

Advertisement