Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We need to talk...

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sKeith wrote: »
    Is a two month ban from playing ww an apropiate punishment?

And what about sanctions for those who knew the rules were being broken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

sullivlo wrote: »

Send them to the dungeons and throw away the key.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Seriously :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

That’s not fair lifetime ban me don’t take itviutvonnanyone else

So who told you Tigger had permission to play on an Anon account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Tigger wrote: »
    I deleted the posts for the good of the integrity of the game and pm d necro to tell him
    I am not the only person to have edited during the game tho am I ?

The re reg thing, well I wouldn’t advise anyone else do it I didn’t think it’s matter I underestimated the vitriol, you live youblearn

I have no intention of playing ww here again I said so to necro before Xmas that I’d like to playbhis game as my last and I didn’t feel that I could do so from my normal account

Any ways just ban me from WW and be done with it.

If you had any interest in the integrity of the game you'd have been upfront about who you were so quit it with the integrity bull

You didn't feel you could play with your own account, boo f**king hoo, whose fault is that

we voted on the style of play we wanted, non anon, that wasn't good enough for you so you were selfish (as per usual) and paid no regard to what the rest of the group think or want.

Is a two month ban from playing ww an apropiate punishment?

Another one :(

So who told you Tigger had permission to play on an Anon account?

Don’t do that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭tritium

Tigger wrote: »
    I’ve been first or second munched more times than anyone else last 4 non anon games iirc

Great, how many times has vale been strung up because everyone thought he was a wolf again?Cross given special attention because we know he can be especially sneaky? If you’re getting killed early then maybe it would be better to ask if modifying your style is the answer. Most players on here have a range of styles that they practice, it even helps them get better.

tritium wrote: »
    Great, how many times has vale been strung up because everyone thought he was a wolf again?Cross given special attention because we know he can be especially sneaky? If you’re getting killed early then maybe it would be better to ask if modifying your style is the answer. Most players on here have a range of styles that they practice, it even helps them get better.

Ok point taken

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Another wolf game over, another "what do we do about game breakers" thread created. It's deja vu all over again!! When does it end?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Another wolf game over, another "what do we do about game breakers" thread created. It's deja vu all over again!! When does it end?

This was particularly “breaky” because there were more than one poster involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

If you are looking for suggestions sully ban the repeat offender, warn the first timer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

This was particularly “breaky” because there were more than one poster involved.

do you have anything in mind to deal with it Sully?

For the record,

This was a joke!
    Sure thing,
    ZeBigBoyha 84.25.78.6 &
    DonAtellOh15 84.25.78.6

i read in the beast mansion that BH though my friends actually joined up, this was fictional, never happened. playing on the sign ups are closed... and are they really and would they let more in....

also for the record, there was no first tinkerbell who's posts mysteriouly dissapperaed. sKeith was talking to a fictionaly fairy who did not have the power to post. ( i like to call it my imagination, other would say i have a screw loose, either way, i like my quirks, u don't have too)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Folks look I don't want to get drawn on this but I'm going to take some time off to reflect.

I think I'm too addicted to this game. It was a 'get as many players' as possible so my mechanics would work.

I apologise to everyone and I'll bow out of the next few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Banjo wrote: »
    This was my first non-anon game. Every other player had a meta advantage over me. (Ironically with one exception).

Anyway, I'll leave it to the more experienced to discuss.

Stick around. I’ve had a meltdown in games and threatened to quit games (albeit in back forums). To be honest I think I’ve been really embarrassed at some of my behavior at times.

It’s not cool but I think what’s most important is that I think I have learned. I helped out (a tiny bit) in one game and the work that mods put into these things is ridiculous, like I mean a lot of work. I expect to make mistakes if I play again but I hope I would be quick to hold my hand up and help fix it.

This has come up before and I don’t think people here want players thinking that mistakes or modkill incidents (like missing votes!) would drive people away.

I have taken breaks from the game but getting Necros message about the game is a nice reminder of what is mostly an accepting , fun community here.

By the way Mick , just to let you know , Stu is doing just fine:

weekend-at-bernies-ii.png?w=646&h=335&crop=1

Pter wrote: »
    If you are looking for suggestions sully ban the repeat offender, warn the first timer.

And what about the allegations of the game mods knowing that there was a re-reg non-anon participating in the game?

And what about the allegations of the game mods knowing that there was a re-reg non-anon participating in the game?

Probably need to ask what the full story is there first

also. please never put the NO META rule into non anon games in future. this thread just proves that the two don't meld.

• Advertisement

I've been debating posting this the last 30 minutes. I'm not even sure if it's relevant to the topic at hand. If not, we can ignore and discuss elsewhere if necessary, but ....

I know there's the "don't be a sensitive soul" clause. But some comments in this, and previous games felt beyond the pale to me. I'm wondering the mechanics of solving that, without making Sully's job even more difficult. There's banter, there's friendly jibes. But, without going in to specifics (different versions of this post over the 30 minutes have gone in to the specifics and removed them as I debate with myself), some been more than that, and, frankly, spoils what is otherwise an enjoyable game.

Am I alone in thinking this? If I am, then maybe WW just isn't the game for me. If not, then what to do?

Necrominus wrote: »
    Folks look I don't want to get drawn on this but I'm going to take some time off to reflect.

I think I'm too addicted to this game. It was a 'get as many players' as possible so my mechanics would work.

Please don't! :eek:

sullivlo wrote:

I don't know tbh but we have had two people say things they did themselves, so why wouldn't we actually act on those or are those punishments dependent on the mods as well.

also. please never put the NO META rule into non anon games in future. this thread just proves that the two don't meld.

Ya that's the real problem here :rolleyes:

I've been debating posting this the last 30 minutes. I'm not even sure if it's relevant to the topic at hand. If not, we can ignore and discuss elsewhere if necessary, but ....

I know there's the "don't be a sensitive soul" clause. But some comments in this, and previous games felt beyond the pale to me. I'm wondering the mechanics of solving that, without making Sully's job even more difficult. There's banter, there's friendly jibes. But, without going in to specifics (different versions of this post over the 30 minutes have gone in to the specifics and removed them as I debate with myself), some been more than that, and, frankly, spoils what is otherwise an enjoyable game.

Am I alone in thinking this? If I am, then maybe WW just isn't the game for me. If not, then what to do?

If this is a player specific thing again or a general thing

Pter wrote:
    I don't know tbh but we have had two people say things they did themselves, so why wouldn't we actually act on those or are those punishments dependent on the mods as well.

To add, I've already said I don't want to punish first timers. It's the repeat flounting of the spirit and rules that's the issue for me.

If the mods made a mistake or error in judgement, or if they didn't at all, it certainly isn't a repeat one that I can see. And as others have said, making a mistake and learning is fine. Repeat breakages is not imo. That's what I want punished. Not anything isolated to this game.

I don’t know whether this is a chicken/egg situation. Would there have been outbursts here if the rules had been abided by all? Or did they only occur because the game was in jeopardy. IIRC we haven’t had the issue when playing anon games, so it might be a case of people being on high alert when they know one/more posters are playing.

Just a thought.

Ya that's the real problem here :rolleyes:

seems like it to me.

if nobody was using meta, then what does a re-reg account matter.

it only matters because EVERYBODY ELSE WAS USING META.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necrominus wrote: »

I really don't think that's neccesary or fair, i dont think anyone should get away with rule breaking be it boards or game rules. I do think what happened was bit crazy and i think most people twigged early doors what had happened however your intentions were good.

I think respect needs to be shown to boards rules and werewolf rules. Don't be a dick should be the number one rule in everyones mind, slight breaches happen, hell I made a stupid one in my first game and thought it was allowed. This forum and game is daunting for new players, a strike system should be in place for newer player. When you've played 4 or 5 games then you know what is and isnt allowed, so your intentionally breaching the rules your not respecting the game or the mods.

A balance between attracting new players and clearly laying down ground rules needs to happen. Sometimes the push is on to try get the max number of participants and that isn't always the best solution for the game.

People who break rules should be banned from the next game as a first offence. It's the only way you have an impact. Bans raise to two then three games till the point gets across or it doesnt. The only exception to this rule should be new player within their first couple of games. Most games at one stage are another mods are thinking on their feet trying to balance/rebalance or put out some fire.

A huge amount of work went into the last gsme as most people could see. Although I understand boards terms of service etc, i feel it would be unjust to punish anyone who has put the time into building this week's game.

*I may not be fully aware of everything that's happened as I missed a fair whack. I'm speaking specifically about the rereg scenario and the meta gaming from Banjo. I know something else happened last night however I dont know what that consisted of.

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »

Yep, fully agree, and I will act accordingly from a boards mod POV when I get to my mod area.

But if we’re having a discussion about the game mechanics and rules, if you’re advertising a game as non-anon, play it that way. Had we been told in advance of the issue, or had a mod confirm it on thread, it wouldn’t have been the cluster**** that it was.

Advertisement