Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXIII: Live Game Sign Up Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ha! Explain to me how that would work if one randed wolf and the other a villager :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Compartmentalisation!
    It's a game about betrayal that runs on an engine of trust. What better way to tune that engine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necrominus wrote: »
    Ha! Explain to me how that would work if one randed wolf and the other a villager :D

Don't spoil a good plan with your IFs.. :D

In that scenario, I would Night 0 kill the villager.

I wanna be the seer and the serial killer. Seer can’t out themselves and the SK can’t kill the seer.

New role! the Seerial Killer - every night you can peek one person, see their role, and they die. Since your victory is tied to the village, you only want to use your peek if you're pretty sure they're bad, because when this seer clears the village, he really clears the village.

• Advertisement

Ooooh I like it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Banjo wrote: »
    New role! the Seerial Killer - every night you can peek one person, see their role, and they die. Since your victory is tied to the village, you only want to use your peek if you're pretty sure they're bad, because when this seer clears the village, he really clears the village.

That’s an awesome role! (It may be very broken in any play testing but it’s a cool mechanic)

tritium wrote: »
    That’s an awesome role! (It may be very broken in any play testing but it’s a cool mechanic)

No it's not, it's terrible - ridiculously limited early on when you need your seer on point, crazily overpowered towards the end.

But if you like that, you'll love the Pillager

It's a Villager from a parallel game of Werewolf who, upon completion of a task, gets to raid your village, murdering people indiscriminately, and only the wolves are powerful enough to stop him, but that would tip their hand making them impossible to miss, but then maybe the village would come to respect them, even love them, and everyone would learn to get along? But then a villager dies in a freak accident and no one believes that it was an accident, they blame the wolves and the wolves get lynched, and the lady wolf begs and pleads to be spared, not for herself, but for her baby - she's pregnant! And it's half human, half wolf! And she gives birth right there on the gallows, and the mayor takes the baby, shields it's eyes and it's mother swings. We hear the baby cry, and then over the mayor's shoulders we see its eyes flash yellow and it sticks out it's tongue - IT'S FORKED TONGUE! IT'S A SNAKE BABY!
    Fade to black
    Title : The End.... question mark!

should have quit while I was ahead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I presume the 8 people signed up are ok to play still this Sunday. Will keep sign ups open till Sunday morning anyhap, in case of any stragglers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,421 ✭✭✭tritium

Banjo wrote: »
    No it's not, it's terrible - ridiculously limited early on when you need your seer on point, crazily overpowered towards the end.

But if you like that, you'll love the Pillager

It's a Villager from a parallel game of Werewolf who, upon completion of a task, gets to raid your village, murdering people indiscriminately, and only the wolves are powerful enough to stop him, but that would tip their hand making them impossible to miss, but then maybe the village would come to respect them, even love them, and everyone would learn to get along? But then a villager dies in a freak accident and no one believes that it was an accident, they blame the wolves and the wolves get lynched, and the lady wolf begs and pleads to be spared, not for herself, but for her baby - she's pregnant! And it's half human, half wolf! And she gives birth right there on the gallows, and the mayor takes the baby, shields it's eyes and it's mother swings. We hear the baby cry, and then over the mayor's shoulders we see its eyes flash yellow and it sticks out it's tongue - IT'S FORKED TONGUE! IT'S A SNAKE BABY!
    Fade to black
    Title : The End.... question mark!

should have quit while I was ahead.

Like I said it’s probably broken ....
    But it has potential...:pac:

I like the pillager concept.I’d wondered before if you could play two parallel games where everyone had a role in each and they had an overlap- kind of real world/ upside down where no-one knew for sure the two roles of each player

• Advertisement

tritium wrote:
    I like the pillager concept.I’d wondered before if you could play two parallel games where everyone had a role in each and they had an overlap- kind of real world/ upside down where no-one knew for sure the two roles of each player

Sounds good. Next game I run though I'm gonna use the anon accounts for a hydra game. 2 players per team, one anon account, all have rooms to communicate with each other.

Can sign up with someone or can be fully randed pairings up to the players

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I presume the 8 people signed up are ok to play still this Sunday. Will keep sign ups open till Sunday morning anyhap, in case of any stragglers :)

I'm still in

Missing the paranoia and head meltiness

Sounds good. Next game I run though I'm gonna use the anon accounts for a hydra game. 2 players per team, one anon account, all have rooms to communicate with each other.

Can sign up with someone or can be fully randed pairings up to the players

Just to add a bonus to this imo is that if you are busy with work/school/line dancing etc you have a partner to pick up the slack so you don't have to have 24/7 eyes on the thread.

Plus, it's fun working as a team :)

I could run two hydra accounts if you needed me too, for the numbers, ye know.. I could be convincing and all..

hmm 4 personalities, 2 roles. That would be fun, if not a bit confusing at times. Too challenging to volunteer to do, NO. possibility of failing miserably at it, quite high. Fun had, loads.

Ok folks so I'll close off signups now as there doesn't seem to be anyone else joining us. I'm going to lengthen the days a little bit for ease for myself and also to give people a longer game rather than a quickfire one.

OP will be up in a little while but game won't begin until 6pm when we have a pre turn.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057835069

Game thread is up. Anyone have any issues PM me, roles should have gone out to all by now :)

Game thread now open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Advertisement