Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society-Carton House (O'Meara)-10:30am

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

RoadRunner wrote: »
    No blame with anyone. Almost every ball I hit plugged. So each shot I hit even if I found it right away had to mark the ball, wipe it clean, replace. There was times I had to look for my ball even on the fairway. At least once I spent almost the full 5 minutes trying to find it when it was just on the fringe. It was actually below the ground and could only be seen it when I was within a 5foot radius of it.

I must have been lucky so, only had one plug. Flew the green on the par5 over the water and lost it in the bank, lost the head for the next two holes then. I did have to clean every ball but it was just a quick wipe.

Just the phone Seve thanks.

I also thought 40 would win it, played a little tougher than we all thought maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Was trying to check out what my x40 timed me for the round. Only seemed to get half the round for some reason. Check out this nugget (downwind obvs.)

mo9xdLY.jpg

This popped backwards out of it's plug, covered in dirt.

A few of the others were buried completely, and you'd have to be standing right over them to see them. Each shot took an extra moment before you could be ready to hit it. I think when you're a four it all started adding up. There was a few cases of lost ball on fairway, or playing hitting where no one even saw where it went. Hazy sunshine.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    I must have been lucky so, only had one plug. Flew the green on the par5 over the water and lost it in the bank

Plugged my drive on that hole. Few mins to find that. Then plugged my next into the bank left of hole a few yards long. Found that. It was a grind. I think the yellow ball helped maybe, but then I even lost that :)

Plugged my drive on that hole. Few mins to find that. Then plugged my next into the bank left of hole a few yards long. Found that. It was a grind. I think the yellow ball helped maybe, but then I even lost that :)

Anything landing on an incline was going into the ground

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Anything landing on an incline was going into the ground

I actually had very few plugs.

Did you loose a ball on the hill right of 8th fairway? Or it could have been coming down the right side of 6.

Yeah i was aboit 4ft left and into the bank and couldn't get it, looked like deer were all over the bank.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I actually had very few plugs.

Did you loose a ball on the hill right of 8th fairway? Or it could have been coming down the right side of 6.

CxBBi4b.jpg

3w pushed slightly. Plugged :D + a minute or two to get that. But did get it. Charlie was with me on the RHS. I think spudmonkey's drive was pulled left. His only 'bad' drive of the day. (bad being a relative term he was just off the fairway). I can't rem what Davegilly did on this hole.

CxBBi4b.jpg

3w pushed slightly. Plugged :D + a minute or two to get that. But did get it. Charlie was with me on the RHS. I think spudmonkey's drive was pulled left. His only 'bad' drive of the day. (bad being a relative term he was just off the fairway). I can't rem what Davegilly did on this hole.

thought it might have been yours. i found one of those football callaways

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

I can't rem what Davegilly did on this hole.

Middle of the fairway :D
    50 odd yards behind the three of ye!

• Advertisement

davegilly wrote: »
    Middle of the fairway

BORING :confused:

:D

thought it might have been yours. i found one of those football callaways

Well I was right on 6 and on 8. But I found them both. (Mine have a black line down the middle) I have both chrome soft and chrome soft x in yellow football. I have a single black line on the X and two lines on the regular chrome soft.

Where's the best address to send you on an invoice? :D

Where's the best address to send you on an invoice? :D

you can wipe your arse with it. the one i found was a red football :D

you can wipe your arse with it. the one i found was a red football :D

Keep it, red ones useless. Keep going in the water & Don't float. Should be a recall on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

First Boards outing for me, enjoyable round with 3Putt, Emurphalot & WoodyG. Some good strikers of the ball but none of us could maintain any consistency for the full 18.

My golf was terrible , scratched the first and didn't improve much from there. Did have one bird on 13th, which I was happy with as it was the only decent putt i hit all day, so delighted it dropped.
    I do need to apologise to the second group that were ahead of us, I may have sent a blind drive close to ye on the 6th. We thought we were further behind ye at that point. Sorry!!:o

Hope the back is feeling better Emurphalot.

Looking forward to Dromoland!!!

martinkop wrote: »
    First Boards outing for me, enjoyable round with 3Putt, Emurphalot & WoodyG. Some good strikers of the ball but none of us could maintain any consistency for the full 18.

My golf was terrible , scratched the first and didn't improve much from there. Did have one bird on 13th, which I was happy with as it was the only decent putt i hit all day, so delighted it dropped.
    I do need to apologise to the second group that were ahead of us, I may have sent a blind drive close to ye on the 6th. We thought we were further behind ye at that point. Sorry!!:o

no probs,easily done. i tried throwing it back at you but it just came back down the hill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

32 pts with 5 scratches :eek: I threw this one away! but I really taught there be a couple of 40+'s in..

Had the pleasure of playing with the great hustler "ahem" Tiger for the first time in the society and Brian.. The bets were on and the hustle :D True to form he was quick out of the blocks starting with par, par.. But I told myself golf is a patiences game.. Until I lost a ball on the first par 3 just of the fairway! I loved the course but really struggled with plugged balls all day. My ball seemed to want to stay underground!! Nothing worse than losing a ball on a well struck golf shot!

But as the 2 boys struggled a bit I was cruising 4/5 points ahead of both then came to the index 1 another plugged ball and took an age to find! suppose least I find it but was getting conesence of holding up the lads behind! el Captain apologies again! But found ball and escaped with a bogey but it sapped my energy.. The next hole after that a slightly pulled ball again into rough and I only looked for a minute as lads were already on Tee box so just scratched but was getting in on me at this stage as they were well struck shots and Tiger and Brian were smelling blood.

Hole after that hooked 2 balls into the rough! Head was gone now couldn't find any and I admitted defeat! I was annoyed at bottling it as I kept telling myself!!

The last par 5 think the 16th smashed my drive 40 yards past the boys! Tiger was giving me praise and winding Brian up who was ahead by a point at this stage about how far past him I was :D 210 yards to the pin over water! Fcuk it im going for it! and bam what a shot!! 210 yard draw over water to a green on the edge :cool: Seriously 1 of the best golf shots I ever hit! think of Rory's 5 wood in the Irish open! Stitched it to 8 ft Sadly missed the putt for eagle but it was a tough downhill slider but a tap in bird is always nice!

I'm back in it I taught! Only for Brian to stitch the green on the next hole the par 3 and he missed the putt but had a tap in par. I had a chip that nearly went in only to skim the edge of the hole and me to miss the putt back from nearly tap in range :mad:

18 saw me trying to burst the ball stupidly trying to get longest drive! My ego still inflated from my last drive! Only to see that ugly hook pop its head again! and scratch the hole! I think tiredness had got to me at that stage and Tiger.. Congrats to Brian he stitched his chip to a tap in and sealed the fivers and the society win.

I was robbed on so many putts which is normally my strong part of my game. One putt actually hopped over the hole as if it wasn't there! Sorry I couldn't stick around as I feel the banter after is the best part for me in the society but the frost delay meant I was pushed for time! Feeling my game is getting there. Hopefully not long now till I get my first boards win :D

So Tiger got the 2's (once a hustler always a hustler)
    Brian got the side bet and the win
    and I left with nothing after being in cruise control! feel like Rickie Fowler at this stage :D

Looking forward to the next outing already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

You didn't PM me. :confused:

you must have accepted on Teamer as there is no other way your name would be down, but I guess it maybe that you did accept and just didn't realise it.

Anyway, no point in sending PM's if you can't go, it should be posted on thread so everyone knows and you aren't relying on one person in particular to relay a message.

rant over, thanks for posting the appology
    SEVE,

I did PM you and you replied on the 5th. I can't post the image but have a look there and come back to me here so I don't look like a dick!

I couldn't figure out how teamer worked so if I somehow accepted I'd be suprised but not impossible.

I see now I replied to a text. I couldn't get the app to work as it said I already had an account but couldn't see how to change the password. When I got no confirmation I just assumed I was not down.

Apologies to a post punk and anyone else for the mix up.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Break80

Ye must be hitting the ball fierce high altogether. I didnt have 1 plug all day. There again [ and this isnt me at all ] I spent most of the day on the fairway. I thought I was in trouble only once with my drive on the par 5 over the water. It faded right over the bunker but was sitting pretty when I walked up after hitting a provo. 9 iron to the water and wedge to the same putt Benny had nasty downhill which just slipped by for birdie.
    I enjoyed the round with good company in Daniel and Jobe. Loved the course.
    I reckon the Greens in the summer would scare the life out of you if you finish above the hole.
    Congrats to Brian on the win. It should have been me taking the fiver. I had a 4 footer for par on the front 9 bad read slipped past to a foot. Couldnt believe I missed so putted back one handed and missed. head fried walked off with a 6 for 1 point instead of certain 2 points. Finished with 35 points for third but with 20 points back nine which would have beat the other 36s:o:o:o
    Wont be putting one handed ever again.
    As we say in Cork WHAT A LANGER

• Advertisement

eoghan104 wrote: »
    SEVE,

I did PM you and you replied on the 5th. I can't post the image but have a look there and come back to me here so I don't look like a dick!

I couldn't figure out how teamer worked so if I somehow accepted I'd be suprised but not impossible.

ok, misunderstood. pm was just to get set up on teamer, yes i will agree to that (even though I had to empty my inbox :) )

I thought you meant that you sent me a pm to say you couldn't go the other day.

no probs, these things happen.

ok, misunderstood. pm was just to get set up on teamer, yes i will agree to that (even though I had to empty my inbox :) )

I thought you meant that you sent me a pm to say you couldn't go the other day.

no probs, these things happen.

I sent you a PM saying "I can't go because I have to go to Belfast to get a car" and you replied. Was your account hacked or something?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

It was a really enjoyable round of golf for me, I loved the course and had a good time with Break80 and dan_ep82. My golf was off a lot, but they both put up with it quite well.

TBD on Dromoland, I do want to play the course but the timing is tricky for me. Will be a last minute call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

It was a really enjoyable round of golf for me, I loved the course and had a good time with Break80 and dan_ep82. My golf was off a lot, but they both put up with it quite well.

TBD on Dromoland, I do want to play the course but the timing is tricky for me. Will be a last minute call.

Dromoland is another cracking course. I'd highly recommend it if you can squeeze it in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

martinkop wrote: »

Enjoyed the day the 3 lads 3Putt, Emurphalot and MartinKop were pleasure to play with\enjoyable banter and was good to be out playing in sunshine!
    It's a quality course no doubts there.

As MartinKop said we all had moments of good but couldn't keep the consistency up.
    i had a shocker start with two 3 puts on the first two holes and Four 3 puts by the turn which meant my front 9 score was awful. Back 9 was better still not great as couple fluffed few chips for what should have been easy enough up an down's for pars.

Emurphalot hope the back heals up quick.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I sent you a PM saying "I can't go because I have to go to Belfast to get a car" and you replied. Was your account hacked or something?!!

Must have been

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭benny79

Hey Post Punk are you posting the overall results? isn't it normally done with a link or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

Dromoland is another cracking course. I'd highly recommend it if you can squeeze it in!!!

good track alright hopefully the weather picks cos it can be quite wet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭a post punk

benny79 wrote: »
    Hey Post Punk are you posting the overall results? isn't it normally done with a link or something?
    Yeah I’ll have it up by the weekend hopefully.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 emurphalot

woodyg wrote: »
    Enjoyed the day the 3 lads 3Putt, Emurphalot and MartinKop were pleasure to play with\enjoyable banter and was good to be out playing in sunshine!
    It's a quality course no doubts there.

As MartinKop said we all had moments of good but couldn't keep the consistency up.
    i had a shocker start with two 3 puts on the first two holes and Four 3 puts by the turn which meant my front 9 score was awful. Back 9 was better still not great as couple fluffed few chips for what should have been easy enough up an down's for pars.

Emurphalot hope the back heals up quick.

Thanks lads. Really enjoyed it until back seized up. Golfwise was struggling with yippy short game and general rustiness on long game but still great to hit a few good ones after 4 months off golf.
    Hoping to play dromoland. Back still not great so we’ll see closer to the time. Congrats to all the winners.

Advertisement