Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society-Carton House (O'Meara)-10:30am

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

benny79 wrote: »
    Hey Post Punk are you posting the overall results? isn't it normally done with a link or something?
    Overall GOTY Points including results posted on main Boards Society page.
    Enjoyed Carton - we gave Tiger enough stick on the first, I reckon he threw his last 5 holes to make sure he didn't have another Top 3 finish!!
    Thanks to Kiers and Post Punk for an enjoyable battle - we had a great last 4 holes with only a single point winning out between the 3 of us in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭benny79

ssbob wrote: »
    Enjoyed Carton - we gave Tiger enough stick on the first, I reckon he threw his last 5 holes to make sure he didn't have another Top 3 finish!!

That or he's trying to get his hc up... Did I say that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Glad ye enjoyed the course lads, it was a great day for it! I had a very bad start I scratched the first and 3rd hole just took awhile to warm up I think ...... ended up having a good back 9 with 17 points so thinking about what might have been, the run of holes at the start we’re very scoreable.the highlight of the day was landing on the tee box on 14 as the group in front of us were teeing off, tiger hit a great shot in to the par 3 and made the 2 as we were watching ( the hustler caught in action was a great sight):):). I had an identical shot myself but it just broke in front of the hole so ended up with a par (still happy with that on the day)The 15th was probably my favourite hole of any of the courses we’ve played in the last year or 2 , great setting and the green is very intimidating to take on . I ended up having the 2nd longest drive on 18 and I was still 40 yards behind spudmonkey!!Had a great laugh with kiers and ss bob all day long. Looking forward to Dromoland!!
    PP

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭ballyk

Tiger must have the record for the most 2s in the Society! :D

ballyk wrote: »

He has the record for the most 2's, most wins and most Top 3's - and sustained highest handicap in the Boards society :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

He has the record for the most 2's, most wins and most Top 3's - and sustained highest handicap in the Boards society :D

lol :D

ballyk wrote: »

Ha ha ha:):)

What I'd like to know whos fault is that? ie who is receiving the brown envelope! Bertie Ahern hasn't a patch on him...:D

Hey Post you didnt happen to pick up a 8 iron in carton by any chance? we were the second last group and your group was behind us. Brian has lost his and reckons he could of left it behind on 17th tee box maybe..

Hey Post you didnt happen to pick up a 8 iron in carton by any chance? we were the second last group and your group was behind us. Brian has lost his and reckons he could of left it behind on 17th tee box maybe..

some hole to be teeing off with an 8 iron :eek:

• Advertisement

was the 17th not the par 3 over water??

That was 16 , we didn’t find any 8 iron anyway.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Thats the 16th iirc

No sign of any 8 iron - a lot of club there?

No sign of any 8 iron - a lot of club there?

Yea, think I hit wedge

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

record for most "most golf" too ;)

Advertisement