Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Thread 4.0

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,343 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yeah. I'm not far from awec but my snow is even heavier and even cooler and my story about leaving the apartment earlier was even more interesting.

It definitely seems heavier today than it was yesterday. We were lied to!
    What story?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Snows way heavier in town today than it was last night, about 4 inches in the last two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

awec wrote: »
    Snow is really heavy here in Dublin 18, this is nuts! Was out for a walk earlier, up to my mid-shin in most places with some areas nearly hitting my knee.

So we're talking about 4 foot then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What story?

Ah it was great

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

The novelty is over. F*ck off snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

SA is screwed.

Anyone with any kind of wealth is going to get out of there sharpish.

Farming only constitutes 2.6% of of South Africa's GDP too. Even if they redistributed every farm evenly amongst the ~30million South Africans currently living in poverty, would it make the blindest bit of difference?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'm out of breadsticks :eek::mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Farming only constitutes 2.6% of of South Africa's GDP too. Even if they redistributed every farm evenly amongst the ~30million South Africans currently living in poverty, would it make the blindest bit of difference?

No. Using the Zimbabwean example, those farms would instantly become about 90% less productive

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Scythica

Of all the days. Of ALL the days for our boiler to get a fault.

Literally spent hours outside defrosting are stupidly long 2 inch condensate pipe after a freezing night.

ended up having a strop and broke the pipework, but made defrosting the ice inside a doddle..!! Boiler back up and running and then had to drive from Cornwall to Derby cos of my missus and her stubbornness to spend the weekend with her family...

Half the roads you couldn't even see the lanes!!

And now we're here... there's only non alcoholic beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Buer wrote: »
    The novelty is over. F*ck off snow.

Absolutely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,981 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Zzippy wrote: »
    No. Using the Zimbabwean example, those farms would instantly become about 90% less productive

When you see the billions South Africa export, in gold, iron, platinum, diamonds, fossil fuels etc, yet the government have the population convinced it's the farmers keeping everyone in poverty.... ho hum...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fcuking hell.
    BREAKING. massive garda and army operation underway in Tallaght after group of people have gone on rampage with stolen digger.
    Have so far partially demolished the CityWest Lidl store with the bucket of digger, and are said to be trying to rob an ATM machine nearby.

https://twitter.com/conor_feehan/status/969683008923078656

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Fcuking hell.

They robbed the safe and were trying to dismantle it

Building now on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

After all the furore the people of Jobstown made over being apparently "unfairly" made out to be scumbag over the Joan Burton debacle, they then conspire to do this.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    After all the furore the people of Jobstown made over being apparently "unfairly" made out to be scumbag over the Joan Burton debacle, they then conspire to do this.

In fairness that’s a very broad brush you’re using to paint your picture there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Let's put these people away for a stretch. This is animal behaviour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Shocking scenes on the videos going around. Probably 30 people out of work as a result. Scum. I think it's clear from the audio on the videos that local people are shocked and not approving of what's happening, unfair to tar all with the one brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Stheno wrote: »
    They robbed the safe and were trying to dismantle it

Building now on fire
    The reports of fire were false. There's videos of gardai arresting people outside the Lidl and nothing is "on fire"

One of those arrested was the JCB driver apparanty although he most likely wasn't acting alone.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The reports of fire were false. There's videos of gardai arresting people outside the Lidl and nothing is "on fire"

One of those arrested was the JCB driver apparanty although he most likely wasn't acting alone.

My mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

A Centra was also robbed, that was in Jobstown, a consaw used to get thru the shutters.
    Long custodial sentences are needed here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Was just coming here to see if anybody else had seen the videos of the absolute carnage. I hope the scumbags behind that go away for a very long time, absolute animal-like behaviour.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Was just coming here to see if anybody else had seen the videos of the absolute carnage. I hope the scumbags behind that go away for a very long time, absolute animal-like behaviour.

There an interesting little sidebar to that, Johnny Connors and Allison Spittle...he mentioned something about not calling the Gardai in a tweet deleted...he was getting some abuse and Spittle kind of came to his aid...he's now threatening to sue her for defamation it seems. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bridge93 wrote: »

The Lidl was in fortunestown, City West.

Synode wrote: »
    The Lidl was in fortunestown, City West.

The Centra that was broken into was in Jobstown I believe.

• Administrators Posts: 53,343 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Centra that was broken into was in Jobstown I believe.

They’re just round the corner from each other.

They’re just round the corner from each other.

If by around the corner you mean a couple of miles then yeah

If by around the corner you mean a couple of miles then yeah

Jobstown and Fortunestown are right beside each other, no matter what point in either you are in, you could never be a couple of miles apart.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Jobstown and Fortunestown are right beside each other, no matter what point in either you are in, you could never be a couple of miles apart.

I'd post a google map but I'm on mobile. 2.1km between centra Jobstown and Lidl Fortunestown

And people call me argumentative ! :)

• Advertisement

I'd post a google map but I'm on mobile. 2.1km between centra Jobstown and Lidl Fortunestown

I sit corrected, mile and half, honestly wouldn’t have thought that’s possible from driving through there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement