Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paruresis Anonymous

• 15-04-2012 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

Hi, my name is Superbus, and I suffer from paruresis.

Yes, I have shy-wee. Stage-fright. Bashful bladder. Public Piss Syndrome. Call it what you will, when confronted with a urinal (particularly if surrounded by fellow facility-users), my ability to urinate just deserts me.

I stare at the wall, overcome by two main emotions - fear, and awkwardness. Fear that everyone knows that I am not in fact doing a wee, and awkwardness in that I don't know what to do - stare straight ahead at the wall? Look down in disgust at my non-performing ally? Just close my eyes and hope that something, anything, eventually happens?

Usually, the inevitable does happen and I release the flood, blasting the urinal, as it were, with piss. But by that point the seconds of standing there, penis in hand, have done their damage to my psyche. Furthermore, on occasion I have had to leave the urinal upon a cubical becoming available, in order to do my business in peace.

Recently, a documentary on the issue was produced, which I found to be rather inspirational:

So who else is a sufferer of this debilitating disorder?

Comments

Advertisement