Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 2 remake confirmed!

• 12-08-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RogerWilco1982

I'll just leave this here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

We do it People! We have do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I only played Resident Evil 2 all the way through for the first time this year and loved it.

If it gets a similar treatment to remake then I'll definitely pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I wonder if they planned this from before the recent HD remake re-release -- using the money from that to remake Resi 2.

It's been years since I've played a Resi game so I certainly look forward to this.:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Long time before we see it I'd say but good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Awesome news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

FF7 remake, fallout 4, doom, and RE2 remake confirmed in one year, the world is finally ending cats and dogs living together mass hysteria.

Although I don't know why there isn't big hype on twitter like there was with doom and fallout 4.

Now all we need is half life 3 (which I think is development but I think it be released whenever they fully complete it or they just continue developing, can never get into the mind of GabeN tbh).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 juandrake

this is a must! i need to play this! I finished resident evil from ps1 up to the latest!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

FF7 remake, fallout 4, doom, and RE2 remake confirmed in one year, the world is finally ending cats and dogs living together mass hysteria.

And Shenmue!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,319 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's nice and all but I'd prefer to see new games from Capcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's nice and all but I'd prefer to see new games from Capcom.

Like the mess that was Res Evil 6, and the more than likely mess that will be Res Evil 7.

And besides this Res Evil 2 remake will be a new game built new from the ground up like the Res Evil remake for the Game Cube was. Fans have been asking Capcom for this for 10 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well this looks Brilliant! Up for preorder on psn store now for 60. An extra tenner gets you some more weapons and the original soundtrack you can enable instead of the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Is that the 20 minute demo above? I watched it elsewhere for 30 secs and stopped because don't want it ruined for me.
    Capcom are killing it.
    Hype is real!

Yupp, watched the start and skimmed through, looks way more tense than the original, touches of 7 definitely in there. Hands down day one purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I bought RE4 last year and the controls killed it for me. Played it years ago with no issue but I think third person over the shoulder shooters have evolved a lot since, in terms of controls. Could have relearned everything but just didn't bother. That said now I've remembered it I want to play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Long time before we see it I'd say but good news.

Haha only four years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The super shotgun was / is the greatest ever in game weapon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

One of the shots in one of the trailers I saw has Leon running down a hallway and it is most certainly NOT behind the shoulder.

Maybe there will be some kind of option to switch the camera as a surprise for fans????

Also I think they messed up Claire's face a bit, she looks off. She better still have her shorts on!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Mr.x having that hat is a little weird to me tbh

• The super shotgun was / is the greatest ever in game weapon.

Best shotgun in the resident evil series anyway, the upgraded desert eagle was a beast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Well this looks Brilliant! Up for preorder on psn store now for 60. An extra tenner gets you some more weapons and the original soundtrack you can enable instead of the new one.

Wait, is that soundtrack switching part of what you get for the extra tenner, or separate?

• Advertisement

Wait, is that soundtrack switching part of what you get for the extra tenner, or separate?

Part of the deluxe for the extra 10 which is a bollox. Should be added for cheating the game or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Disappointing alright - I loved the original.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

daheadonu wrote: »
    Mr.x having that hat is a little weird to me tbh

Yeah it looks dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,619 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I never played a Resident Evil game before. That's about to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The super shotgun was / is the greatest ever in game weapon.

Not even close.
    doom-shotgun.jpg?itok=V8ZxVWte

• gimli2112 wrote: »
    I bought RE4 last year and the controls killed it for me. Played it years ago with no issue but I think third person over the shoulder shooters have evolved a lot since, in terms of controls. Could have relearned everything but just didn't bother. That said now I've remembered it I want to play it.

This remake looks similarly clunky. I think that's part of its mechanics though. If you had complete freedom of movement and control, then it would be too easy. I hope they improve the pathing of the zombies. They don't really interact with doors or objects at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Thinking about it now,seeing kendo getting killed ia going to be brutal!it was shocking enough to watch back in the day I can only imagine what it will be like in the re engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I never played a Resident Evil game before. That's about to change.

You've missed out on one of the best game series ever, this will be a perfect place to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Greyfox wrote: »
    You've missed out on one of the best game series ever, this will be a perfect place to start

Or the HD collection of 1. That was a brilliant remaster. Was my first time playing it and I loved it. Couldn't get into Zero though. This will be my first time playing 2. Looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Had a brief look at the gameplay trailer, watched maybe the first three minutes.

My first thought is that it looks gorgeous, the RE engine looks as if it is paying dividends big time. The RPD entrance hall looks amazing.

Was anyone else getting a bit of a whiff of RE6 off it though? Little bit worrying. Hopefully I'm off the mark with that concern.

Advertisement