Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What was the best year of your life so far?

• 17-11-2016 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

I'd say 1990.

Here's why:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

2005. First time I was having sex on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

2011- I was 21, new Relationship. Started college again, sister got married, saw a load of concerts, rugby world cup was on, Ireland qualified for the Euros

Pity things didn't work out so well after few sad years with deaths, health issues, personal issues. I'm turning 27 next month I'm still young and hopefully will bring back the glory times of 2011

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

1996. Turned 21. Did my J1 in San Francisco. Came out to myself and by the end of that year to others. Discovered Radiohead, Skunk Anansie and Placebo. Experienced Amsterdam for the first time. Had a ball! Saw Trainspotting in the cinema and was blown away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Astards. 1996 I was a skinny muscley leather jeans and tee shirt wearing motorbike riding student . One night I hooked up with a girl and the next day she told
    Me that the others
    Is the group were asking was I as good as I looked.
    That was 20 years ago and while I'm really happy now those were my best days

JupiterKid wrote: »
    1996. Turned 21. Did my J1 in San Francisco. Came out to myself and by the end of that year to others. Discovered Radiohead, Skunk Anansie and Placebo. Experienced Amsterdam for the first time. Had a ball!

Yeah radio head skunk and placebo were played in the clubs
    1996 how I miss you

• Advertisement

JupiterKid wrote: »
    1996. Turned 21. Did my J1 in San Francisco. Came out to myself and by the end of that year to others. Discovered Radiohead, Skunk Anansie and Placebo. Experienced Amsterdam for the first time. Had a ball! Saw Trainspotting in the cinema and was blown away.

Also we are the same age

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Nice tune. Savage kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

1991 - For no other reason than I was 16 and had not a care in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

I have a few...2003 discovered rock music, heavy metal bands, was like a new world to me, had a hard time in school, always felt very out of place in the secondary school I was put in, so the music was therapeutic, 2003 was also a very good summer.

2006: Nice summer too, got to see Metallica for the first time live. Magic

2013: Met a nice girl, was magic, she looked at me like no other woman ever looked at me, loved her company, lot of fun when she wanted to be, regular sex which was amazing....ended very badly at the end of 2014, which in turn started the worst 2 years I've had so far between pining over her, another crappy relationship I got myself into to try and get over her (bad idea) multiple rejections for jobs I've been applying for and also had 2 family deaths this year. Sooner 2016 ends the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

1997. Offaly win the Leinster Football final against Meath and Roy Malone scores 2 goals in the final. Vinny Claffey with 1-5.What a day and what a year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

This year.

I know 2016 has been a really bad year for most people, but it's been the best in my whole life. I met a lot of great people, had no problems in my personal life, and my professional work career went very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Page_Turner

2017. The year I die!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Nice idea for a thread...

1995 to 1996... started Uni, met my now wife, started to be more than a nerdy little decker...

Strangely the last year or two is coming out on top as well... that wife gets more beautiful each year... she's 40 now and never has been hotter or more successful...the kids are just so good and my nerdy interest in maths, finance and computers means I do nerdy things all day and call it risk management and people pay me and fly me around the world... do what you like and you will always be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

2017. The year I die!

If true.....very sorry for you and I hope you pass well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

2013, maybe? Wasn't like a super fun year or anything but the year before was just an onslaught of awfulness with the realisation 20 years of my life had passed and everything I had tried to make work was a total waste of my energy. So 2013 was the year I began to pull **** together and get a grasp on what I want from life overall, accepting the limits of what I could do for some loved ones, etc.

2015 was pretty good just in how ****ing densely packed it became, looking back it felt like a decade. Also helps that at the end of the year I was pretty okay about seemingly damn near everything going wrong (basically my savings were down to 0 and I had nothing to show for my efforts at that point).

2016 hasn't been bad personally, bit of a comedown from last year but a lot of solid realisations, some big steps forward (and into an area I like more) professionally and vaguely optimistic about the next few years.

Hell, 2014 probably ranks up there too... I'm on a bit of a roll, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

Well, this year has been the least shíte if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Whatever year i spent almost completely high on different things, maybe 2014. I couldn't believe there were no downsides, I kept expecting the universe to step in and say 'here are your consequences' but it never did

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

Whatever year i spent almost completely high on different things, maybe 2014. I couldn't believe there were no downsides, I kept expecting the universe to step and say 'here are your consequences' but it never did

Maybe the absolute anti-climactic nature of that year was your consequence. Nothing worse than a big let down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

This year.

I know 2016 has been a really bad year for most people, but it's been the best in my whole life. I met a lot of great people, had no problems in my personal life, and my professional work career went very well.

Glad for you.Hopefully 2017 will be a good one for us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Last year because I got my hole with 3 different ladies in 3 different countries..

I'll get me coat....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Nice idea for a thread...

1995 to 1996... started Uni, met my now wife, started to be more than a nerdy little decker...

Strangely the last year or two is coming out on top as well... that wife gets more beautiful each year... she's 40 now and never has been hotter or more successful...the kids are just so good and my nerdy interest in maths, finance and computers means I do nerdy things all day and call it risk management and people pay me and fly me around the world... do what you like and you will always be happy!

Nice hopeful post fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Tigger wrote: »
    Astards. 1996 I was a skinny muscley leather jeans and tee shirt wearing motorbike riding student . One night I hooked up with a girl and the next day she told
    Me that the others
    Is the group were asking was I as good as I looked.
    That was 20 years ago and while I'm really happy now those were my best days

Do you really have 1,924,225 posts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

This year was pretty good for me. The highlight, spending some time in Tokyo, That was an awesome experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Leaving cert year.My height exploded in one big burst and I hit 6" 3.

I remember noticing girls that were never on my radar before were feckin beautiful and went against all my friends advice slagging me for having the hots for a rock loving girl.Fook me why had I never noticed her before.Amazing memories of her.

Did the leaving and did I study?In my fook I did and still passed.Got on really well with a teacher that told me near the end and I quote,

"Here Mr B, How the fook you managed to build that crane arm with automation I don't know because you never listened.Now go on yer way you tool." He gave me a pat on the back and a big smile.I was delighted he cursed at me as I knew instantly I was a man amongst the world now.

Got a new job and made new interesting and cool friends with people I would have not been friends with in school.Made me realise being a closed minded crowd following teenager was so stupid but we are blind to notice these things when we are young.

Got my first car and the freedom that came with it.Amazing memories of just going for a spin with friends until the tank nearly dried up.

Seen my dad cry for the first time.My grandad was leaning into the coffin of my granny and telling her he was sorry and he loved her and he will see her soon.My dad was in tears, then I fookin opened the taps.

Because I had finished school and was at home more I realised my 6 year old brother stared at me a lot and copied me.I became his best friend that summer.

Had a poster of Britney Spears on the ceiling.Those fookin pigtails with the chewing gum on her finger.

Fook me.

Do you really have 1,924,225 posts?

It's only 10k really

Tigger wrote: »
    It's only 10k really

Soon I will have 10k. What happens then Tig?

You get 4 stars

I think 5 stars is 1,000,000

• Advertisement

S
    Took
    Me 11 years I. Cane believe you will don't in two

Advertisement