Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A Nice Thing

• 17-11-2016 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

On the way home this evening I just missed the bus - twice! - despite my best effort to run to catch it - twice! (Wheezing oul' wan barreling down the road - bus driver, you know you saw me)

As I slumped along after the bus pulled away from the bus stop without me on it a car pulled up and the driver beckoned me. She said she saw what happened and that it was very mean and would I like a lift home.

I gratefully accepted. We had a grand chat on the way home, including giving out about the mean bus driver who we both agreed was probably a man on a petty power trip. And she dropped me off right at my front door. There are good people out there. :)

To B from Enniscorthy and N the budding pianist, thank you for the lift and being lovely people.

(To the bus driver of the 18 bus in Rathmines at 4:45 pm today, darn you to heck. May your life be as pleasant as you are.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Do you mean that while you ran to the stop two buses arrived and left?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭coolaboola

No, I ran to catch the 18 bus at Rathmines Garda Station and it pulled away as I reached the bus stop. Then it got stopped at a red light so I ran to catch it at the next bus stop on Grosvenor Road - so the bus passed me as I was running toward the bus stop. And again the bus pulled away just as I reached the bus stop. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

What if your woman was a serial killer or rapist? What then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

eet fuk wrote: »
    What if your woman was a serial killer or rapist? What then?

She'd be dead and probably wouldn't have posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

mfceiling wrote: »

Not if the driver was only a rapist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Some bus drivers are complete **** in this regard.

A couple of weeks ago i managed to chase down the bus and literally 5 seconds after the door was closed and by this stage the bus hadn't even taken off I managed to get to the door and banged on it to ask the driver to let me on.The **** drove off.

Anyone with any sort of decency would have opened the door and let me on.

Most of the drivers are sound but there is always one who's just a complete tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Nicely written :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The budding pianist sounds like a dick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Some bus drivers are complete **** in this regard.

A couple of weeks ago i managed to chase down the bus and literally 5 seconds after the door was closed and by this stage the bus hadn't even taken off I managed to get to the door and banged on it to ask the driver to let me on.The **** drove off.

Anyone with any sort of decency would have opened the door and let me on.

Most of the drivers are sound but there is always one who's just a complete tosser.

you really think a driver should let you on after banging on his door?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Yeah I saw this along Grafton / outside Trinity last week. I was walking along heading toward centre and a young lad comes whizzing past me heading for a Dublin bus stopped letting ppl on. He was running toward the bus so the driver clearly saw him but closed the doors seconds before he reached front of bus. I just thought, what a fooking wankstain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The budding pianist sounds like a dick

You can't bate a budding pianist
    Actually you can. But you'd better be prepared to clean up the mess afterwards if you overdo it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

you really think a driver should let you on after banging on his door?

Banged might be an overstatement.

Knocked on it is probably more accurate.I knocked on the passengers door.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Should have used the manual button to open the door yourself OP

I remember on the older buses anyway that you'd get "de lads" in certain areas pressing the centre door button at stops which basically locked the transmission (safety feature) so the bus couldn't move until the driver got up and sorted it

But yea, had this happen a few times when I used to get buses. Another reason I finally got a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

mfceiling wrote: »

Or... the murderous old lady is posting as the OP wearing the OP's face as a mask? Is that where you were going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

coolaboola wrote: »
    bus driver who we both agreed was probably a man on a petty power trip.

These bus drivers are basically drunk on power.
    First of all the dictator controls who gets on the bus. What time the bus leaves at.
    They won the strike. Rolling in money, feeling invulnerable.

Are these men providing a public service? Or are they Tyrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Ted111 wrote: »
    These bus drivers are basically drunk on power

About 300-350 BHP. That is pretty awesome like. I admire them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,334 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Those men on their power trips, typical.

To be fair the bus driver was too busy either counting all the extra money he's earning since the pay deal and or thinking of ways to spend his euromillions winnings, have a heart OP.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It was myself and a girlfriend of mine that picked the OP up. We kinda thought they might be up for a threesome but sure they wouldn't take the damn hint. Even when my girlfriend asked them directly would they like to see her buddy's penis.

Advertisement