Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Time v Donald Trump

• 09-12-2017 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭

So, Trump shuns Time Magazine by not going for a photohoot on the basis that "probably" going to win Person Of The Yeat was not good enough.

Time's responce?
    Award the Person (People) of the year aware to: victims of sexual abuse who are speaking out.
    http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2017-silence-breakers/

Admittedly, he probably doesn't care, but this is a perfect slap-in-the-face to the "pussy grabber" if you ask me. :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Time will get us all in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So, Trump shuns Time Magazine by not going for a photohoot on the basis that "probably" going to win Person Of The Yeat was not good enough.

Time's responce?
    Award the Person (People) of the year aware to: victims of sexual abuse who are speaking out.
    http://time.com/time-person-of-the-year-2017-silence-breakers/

Admittedly, he probably doesn't care, but this is a perfect slap-in-the-face to the "pussy grabber" if you ask me. :D

That's only if you believe Time ever called him for a photoshoot at all. More likely he realised he wasn't going to win it, so said he had turned them down instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Time will get us all in the end.

Time always wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time magazine shuns Trump yet Trump becomes the biggest headline because he is shunned.

Trump knows the score there is no such thing as bad publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Didn't they print a special limited edition cover just for Donald?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Lirange wrote: »

Nah, he does that for himself

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-time-magazine-with-trump-on-the-cover-hangs-in-his-golf-clubs-its-fake/2017/06/27/0adf96de-5850-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html?utm_term=.53c5c475b7ab
    “Donald Trump: The ‘Apprentice’ is a television smash!” the big headline said. Above the Time nameplate, there was another headline in all caps: “TRUMP IS HITTING ON ALL FRONTS . . . EVEN TV!”

This cover — dated March 1, 2009 — looks like an impressive memento from Trump’s pre-presidential career. To club members eating lunch, or golfers waiting for a pro-shop purchase, it seemed to be a signal that Trump had always been a man who mattered. Even when he was just a reality TV star, Trump was the kind of star who got a cover story in Time.

But that wasn’t true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

On the other hand you can get a Hillary xmas tree fairy.

K3halgz.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I love the Donald

• Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Time magazine shuns Trump yet Trump becomes the biggest headline because he is shunned.

Trump knows the score there is no such thing as bad publicity.

True, but he also likes accolades. It's one of those things that, if he wins, it's a great and thing and important honour, but if he loses it's a waste of time.
    Lirange wrote: »

They've actually asked him to stop using it under copyright inringement laws (it still hangs on one of his mansions, allegedly, but there's **** all Time can do about that). Jeff Lebowski has one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I love the Donald

Thanks. But unfortunately I couldn't give a shite about you

(Or the rest of the planet)

• Advertisement

Double posting crap UI

• Registered Users Posts: 32,980 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

On the other hand you can get a Hillary xmas tree fairy.

K3halgz.jpg

Looks a bit like Bibi Baskin!

Time waits for no man

Except mise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Looks a bit like Bibi Baskin!

it should be bat's wings on her, not angel's wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Holy necro thread Batman!

Advertisement