Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days Gone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Still looks a bit far from release. Despite then wanting to distance themselves from Last of Us comparison it's close enough to be an unofficial spinoff

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 1st hour vid looks good. I'd usually avoid openings of games but this seems to be a way off so interested to see how it plays. Newt's 'zombie kids' look class. Game is looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

ERG89 wrote: »

Still looks a bit far from release. Despite then wanting to distance themselves from Last of Us comparison it's close enough to be an unofficial spinoff

Yeah jesus, anybody looking at the gameplay for that would easily mistake it for TLOU2, from the aiming/throwing to how you move, heck even the way items are seen and picked up is a direct copy from TLOU, wtf :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well its not that far off zero, early next year :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

nix wrote: »
    Yeah jesus, anybody looking at the gameplay for that would easily mistake it for TLOU2, from the aiming/throwing to how you move, heck even the way items are seen and picked up is a direct copy from TLOU, wtf :confused:

Crafting is much the same, I laughed when the journo asked do you throw the bottles as distractions & he said no it's for making a molotov. I worry that the way your bike is important will be blown out of the water pre release by Rockstar with how they handle horses in Red Dead 2 as more than just transport.
    Well its not that far off zero, early next year :D.

Wouldn't be surprised if it got released this time next year. Just stuff like the melee animations, aiming of weapons, bland voiceacting & overall polish was lacking. I am not expecting it to look God of War good with all the simultaneous on screen "freakers" but it looks like a game early in a generation in some areas. Trust Bend to make a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wasn't convinced about this game and still am not after the 1 hour video. Looks like bland amorphous triple A checklist ticking. Hoping it surprises me like god of war.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What would worry me is if it went down a mad Max route of having to focus on building your bike. Great feature but padded to **** to extend gaming time. I'd say it will be closer to Mad Max than Last of Us anyway, definitely doesn't look to have the AAA quality of GoW or TLoU but looking forward to seeing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Not seeing anything new or original here, but could still be well polished enough at release to be worth a play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

They wanted to make the biking as realistic as possible........Keep at it lads

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Very negative preview from eurogamer after a very brief demo

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-21-days-gones-e3-demo-shows-scant-signs-of-life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

"the game is gonna be great, but I understand why it was dealyed till 2019....because it runs at a consistent 15 fps! "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Will be released on February 22nd 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dunno, this looks very middle of the road to me...

Think it'll be a rare miss for one of Sony's big mega-exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Release date has now been pushed back to 26th April 2019. Says it's to avoid the crowded February release window.
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/10/19/playstations-worldwide-studios-release-line-up-the-next-wave-of-ps4-games/
    We want to share a change in release date for this highly anticipated title from Bend Studio. We recently decided to move the release of Days Gone from the crowded February timeframe to 26th April 2019.

While the studio is eager to see Days Gone in the hands of fans, Bend Studio will take the opportunity to further polish Days Gone.

Definitely a smart move. February/March is already jam packed and a bit more time will hopefully give them a chance to address some issues reviewers had about the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It needs to stay as far away from TLOU 2s release date as it can 'cos there's only one winner there.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It needs to stay as far away from TLOU 2s release date as it can 'cos there's only one winner there.

TLOU2's release date won't be near April 2019. It's probably not even going to be 2019 at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Penn wrote: »
    TLOU2's release date won't be near April 2019. It's probably not even going to be 2019 at all.

Had it in my head it was March next year but I must be mixing it up with the Division 2. I have a TLOU2 dynamic theme on the PS and it's just making me more anxious to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nearly forgot about the game till I got an e-mail from Amazon today telling me my order had been upgraded to a steelbook edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Back log is still loaded so won't be getting it at launch, but I am looking forward to getting around to it.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

This doesn't seem to be getting any hype at all on here, is anyone thinking of getting it?

• mutley18 wrote: »
    This doesn't seem to be getting any hype at all on here, is anyone thinking of getting it?
    I'll probably get it, but not expecting great things from it. Few other games to finish first.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

hoping its a silent hit like a few other sp games lately

mutley18 wrote: »

I'm looking forward to it. Don't think it'll reach the heights of other PS exclusives from previous years, but I think it could still be a solid play, hopefully with a good story. Still kinda too hard to fully judge though. The weeks before release will be interesting.

Every time I see it it looks less and less appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mj2017

Can't wait for this game to be released!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

They talk about Days Gone on the Splitscreen podcast this week. Haven't heard it yet but based on the shows title they seem impressed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement