Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Twilight Zone Revival - CBS All Access (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Circuital

Premiere's on 1st April.

Can't wait for this!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3544183/jordan-peeles-reboot-twilight-zone-cbs-access-will-premiere-april-1st-two-episodes/
    TVJordan Peele’s Reboot of “The Twilight Zone” for CBS All Access Will Premiere in April!Published 14 hours ago on January 30, 2019 By John Squires
    THE TWILIGHT ZONE logo
    SHARE TWEET
    At the Television Critics Association Press Tour today (via Indiewire), CBS All Access Executive Vice President of Original Content Julie McNamara spilled the beans on when we can expect to see the Jordan Peele-produced/hosted reboot of “The Twilight Zone,“ announcing that the series will be premiering on April 1st with not one but TWO episodes!

The site reports, “That Monday release will see two new episodes, with successive installments arriving weekly on Thursdays.”

Known cast so far includes Taissa Farmiga, John Cho, Greg Kinnear, Sanaa Lathan, Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Alison Tolman, Jacob Tremblay, Jessica Williams, DeWanda Wise, Rhea Seehorn, Lucinda Dryzek, Jefferson White, Jonathan Whitesell, Luke Kirby, Ike Barinholtz, Percy Hynes-White and Steven Yeun.

The new anthology series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films. Peele, Kinberg and Ramirez will exec produce for the series and collaborate on the premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon will also serve as executive producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Superbowl clip posted to twitter:
    https://twitter.com/TheTwilightZone/status/1092222299753730048

Youtube for those who twitter doesn't work for:

That’s a really cool superbowl ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That trailer was great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭corkie

Thanks for the reminder, put on my watch list with SeriesGuide apk (and alternatively Trakt).

April looks good for shows, GOT and this to look forward to!

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

First reviews are starting to come out and they are all positive.

Starting with a double episode.

Loved the first episode starting the second one now.

Two great episodes to open new version of The Twilight Zone.

I loved both of them they felt like classic episodes.

• I DID NOT KNOW THAT THIS WAS A THING!!!!!

How did I not know? This better not be a super long build up April Fool's!! Oh hell this and Outer Limits and I am in nirvana

• Advertisement

At the start of episode one look at the magazine covers on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That first episode was a cracker. It took a little while to get going, but once it was obvious what was happening, I was hooked. It really could only end one way! :o

I think I'm going to save the second one for a few days...

Only 6 in the season altogether?

The second episode is a 50 minute episode.

Pretty sure it is 10 episode season.

That was brilliant! The first one ‘The Comedian’ reminded me of the old Teilight Zone episodes. Very typically TZ type story and tone about it. I loved it.

Nightmare at 30.000 feet was great too. As someone who dislikes flying this had me on edge throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked both episodes but I did think they were a bit long. The original series consisted of 30 minute episodes, right?

Next episode isn't until April 11th for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

First episode seemed like the writer had binged the Twilight Zone back catalog for ideas.

It's a Good Life was an obvious inspiration, so too was Take My Life Please from the 80s revival.

Nothing wrong with any of that of course. Looks a lot better then the 00s revival which tanked.

60 minutes is too long which is why nobody remembers Outer Limits episodes.

I like the longer episodes, but I guess it depends on the story they're telling.

You're right though. I can't remember one Outer Limits episode. Time for a rewatch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Really enjoyed the first two of these. They seem to be splashing the cash on providing a decent cast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

So is there a service I can pay for to watch these, or do I've to look elsewhere.

errlloyd wrote: »
    So is there a service I can pay for to watch these, or do I've to look elsewhere.

CBS all access. You can sign up and stream them, but you'll need help. ;)

I found them 'elsewhere'.

• Advertisement

the first episode was terrible I thought - talk about dragging something out.

I see from imdb that the second episode is supposed to be better - well it would want to!

you would have thought that they would lead out with a strong episode.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I watched Episode #1 on the CBS YouTube channel.

• I'm not digging these TBH. Each beat is telegraphed and nothing is a revelation. I know that half the fun is figuring out the "catch" but there is no subtlety here.

Also: Jordan Peele doesn't have the voice to be "The Narrator"

Haven't watched any more of this beyond the first one but going by reviews and reaction pretty piss poor it seems overall.

Any decent episodes at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Sad to say this has been a fairly large disappointment.

Episode 4 probably the best of a poor lot, so far.

They haven't been great.

The idea's for each story has been fine I just don't think they were executed well.

Peele just doesn't have the gravitas in his voice to be the narrator.

Renewed for a second season.

That episode was probably the worst thing I've ever watched on TV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Such a disappointment. I thought the first ep was underwhelming but the rest of the episodes make it look good. Some decent concepts and topical issues but it's all so ham-fisted and preachy. Even the weakest episodes of Black Mirror were never this bad. Shocked to hear it's already been renewed.

• Advertisement

Last weeks all men are evil deep down is just plan terrible unoriginal and very badly done.

Advertisement