Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I try not to buy digital, but Spiderman for 40/50 (with dlc) on the sale is really tempting.

I really should finish God of War first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Lads I’m ps4 all my life, just moved it into the kids playroom(pro)
    Would you buy yourself another pro or Xbox x for4k gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I recently upgraded my one S for a one X and I have to say it’s sensational machine but the biggest difference to me is the noise. The One X is almost completely silent unless changing disc. My Pro is like a jet engine at times it’s to the point where it’s actually distracting.

I also prefer how it handles sleep mode, I can turn off the Xbox with no lights visible and turn it back on and jump straight into a game where I left off. I appreciate I can do this on the PS4 but it’s not as seamless IMO.

Saying that I do find the Xbox OS extremely slow and frustrating to use. Simple tasks like finding and buying a game are far more effort than they should be.

I only got to compare FIFA on both as it came with the Xbox and I’d already bought on PS, it did look a little sharper to me.

You’ll find that DF almost always recommend the One X version compared to Pro as well.

Edit: you’ll still have access to the ps4 right? If I had to choose between Xbox or PS I’d still go PS at present, better exclusives and overall a better experience but if you can afford the two then I’d go with one x over pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

I try not to buy digital, but Spiderman for 30/40 (with) on the sale is really tempting.

I really should finish God of War first.

Where are you seeing spiderman for €30?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

nedd wrote: »
    Ah sorry, it's €40 / €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

phobia2011 wrote: »

If it's just 4k gaming (graphics) you're looking for, the xbox one x is the most powerful console with the best graphics. No question. But there are other things to consider too.

Which console has the exclusives you'd prefer to play?
    How much will it cost for extras (another controller, xbl subscription, game pass, play & charge kits etc)?
    Do you play online with mates and what are they on?
    Would it be worth staying within the ps4 system to share games with your kids ps4?
    What type of TV do you have and how close do you sit to it (to be able to really notice the difference between 4k and upscaled 4k)?

It's not an easy question to answer, as there are a lot of variables, particularly if money is no object. Neither is a wrong choice though. I'd say if you're looking for the best graphics and can afford it, maybe go for the One X. At least you still have the pro in the house, it'll offer new and different games, and it'll be the best graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

To be honest, I’ve never looked past ps4, I’m buying a 65”4K tv too, just wondering is it mental to have 2 ps4 pro in the house.

To be honest, I’ve never looked past ps4, I’m buying a 65”4K tv too, just wondering is it mental to have 2 ps4 pro in the house.

Not if that's what your preference would be and one is for your kids and one is for you. Like I said it'd help cut down on some of the ancillary costs like controllers, subscriptions, you can share games and stuff. It won't be the absolute best graphics, but a ps4 Pro on a 65" 4K TV is still going to look absolutely incredible regardless.

But then with a One X, you definitely do have the best graphics, you could set up your kids with a profile on it too and if there's a PS game you want to play, swap consoles with them and give them the One X for a while. Means you then have access to all the exclusives and can subscribe to Gamepass and stuff.

Ultimately, neither is a wrong choice. Either way, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

nedd wrote: »

It's £29 on Amazon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

FEpElKz-tf5jk3fsq2YDIxSix8GejTD89jFwXBneJp5c7qwuBLBGX2DkGdaM2stDoZxW64xI3Q=w419-h260-nc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Chaps,

You know when you log into your account on the PS4 you see a nice little library of the games you bought. Is there anywhere online when you log into the PS Store from a PC that you can see your library of games? Is it just your download list? That's awkward to traverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Chaps,

You know when you log into your account on the PS4 you see a nice little library of the games you bought. Is there anywhere online when you log into the PS Store from a PC that you can see your library of games? Is it just your download list? That's awkward to traverse.

Load psdle add-on to your browser. Google how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Fairly new to the PS scene and didn't know about PSDLE. Thanks to you both!

P.S Any other essential addons, sites etc? I already use psprices.com and press-start.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Must look into the PSDLE myself, but I use https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/home/games and when you're logged in, tap on your profile name, and select 'Download List' to see all the games you can currently download.

Edit: And I just see now that you need the link I gave to use PSDLE. Handy though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

The One X is almost completely silent unless changing disc. My Pro is like a jet engine at times it’s to the point where it’s actually distracting.

I bought 2 usb powered AC Infinity fans when I got the pro. One sits on time and the other is at the back directing the air out. As long as they are plugged in my PRO rarely if ever sounds like a jet and its the first gen noisey one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Just a heads up for some folk, who only play on console and not on pc, Subnautica was released today for the PS4, €30 on the irish store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Elena Wet Stimulation

So first world problems. I've bought both Spider-Man and God of War.

Which do I play over Christmas? I don't get much time for gaming with a child so looking for something that I can get good enjoyment from in relatively short gaming sessions. I'm thinking Spider-Man might be better craic in that context but God of War is more critically acclaimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yours just arrive yesterday as well? I got the same games from the amazon offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Elena Wet Stimulation

Today actually. Looking forward to them, good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,430 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just a heads up for some folk, who only play on console and not on pc, Subnautica was released today for the PS4, €30 on the irish store.

So I just read a random headline about subnautica "I haven't been this petrified since residential 7". Is it actually survival horror? Very interested all of a sudden.

Edit: after looking at a quick vid, looks more like no man's sky under water?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So I just read a random headline about subnautica "I haven't been this petrified since residential 7". Is it actually survival horror? Very interested all of a sudden.

Edit: after looking at a quick vid, looks more like no man's sky under water?

Never played no man's sky so cant compare. You crash land on a planet and you have to get off of it within the "timeframe" to be rescued. Some horror aspects but more likeable to "what the **** can i hear, and is it around the corner or hiding in that hole over there" then jump scares or the like.

So first world problems. I've bought both Spider-Man and God of War.

Which do I play over Christmas? I don't get much time for gaming with a child so looking for something that I can get good enjoyment from in relatively short gaming sessions. I'm thinking Spider-Man might be better craic in that context but God of War is more critically acclaimed.

For shorter bursts of gaming, Spider-Man would probably be the best bet. Missions are short, side-stuff won't seem so laborious as you'll only be doing it in drips and drabs, and gameplay is quite simple so you can easily slip back into it and get a combat rhythm going.

God of War is definitely the better game though in almost every respect, but it's very continuous (eg. not missions, but a continuous journey through different locations), gameplay can be a bit more challenging to get into a good rhythm and the story is a lot deeper and would play better in longer sessions where possible.

Definitely play both if you can, as GoW would still be fantastic even played in shorter sessions, but Spider-Man is more of a pick-up-and-play game than GoW would be imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody ever trade in a controller into Cex, do I need the wire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Crazy,PUBG launched with barely a whimper yesterday.

What a difference a year makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Damien360

EoinHef wrote: »

I'll be honest with you, I had to Google PUBG. So I'm not the target market.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Had a look, the promo video that plays as you're there doesn't inspire me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonder is MS regret whatever they paid for the exclusivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Varik wrote: »
    Wonder is MS regret whatever they paid for the exclusivity.

I think it hurts Bluehole more than MS. MS at least had it on their console while the competition was only fortnite so it had a spot. Id say sales on PS will be well lower than if they managed to release a year ago.

I have BlackOps4 for zombies and blackout,a year ago i woukd have snapped up PUBG,now im not gonna bother and just play blackout of i fancy some BR

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1071488382864224257?s=19

It has the Japanese dub too before the moaners start. Great to see these games coming quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Good stuff. Looking forward to it!

Advertisement