Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prime time last night Direct Provision

• 21-12-2018 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

It was sickening to see the so called debate between the minister Charlie Flanagan and some labour fella last night. Talk about echo chamber. Sums up all immigration debate All pro immigration virtue no questioning of why the hell we should be taking in uneducated men from third world countries when we are struggling to house our own citizens. It’s a joke.

Charlie well knows most of these asylum seekers are as fake as anything. Their stories are lies heaped upon lies. He let his mask slip when challenged by the presenter with the valid concerns of the villagers in the video segment who are just expected to take in hundreds of these uneducated Muslim men. He was basically how dare you question my authority. A bully of a man in charge of a horrible creepy government.

We are building up huge problems for the future and the lack of open debate is quite disturbing.

I also note thee horrendous double murder of two Danish girls in Morroco has been more or less buried by the liberal media in the West.

Video of the decapitation doing the rounds online. Haven’t watched it myself but to suggest they’re still trying to verify it is really pathetic.

https://m.independent.ie/world-news/africa/isil-link-to-tourist-murderers-37646957.html

Notwithstanding my objections to Westerners traveling to poor third world countries (to virtue signal lets be honest) in the first place (equivalent to a fat man sitting down to eat a surf and turf in front of a load of starving children) I feel once again that we are being forced into taking in immigrants who will not integrate and will make ghettoes in Ireland just like they have everywhere else.

Build the wall and build it high.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

pearcider wrote: »

What the **** is a wall going to do? We’re on an island ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,222 ✭✭✭✭endacl

amcalester wrote: »
    What the **** is a wall going to do? We’re on an island ffs.
    We could put advertising on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

endacl wrote: »
    We could put advertising on it?

Great idea. We could advertise those jobs that Irish people don't want so immigrants take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

It seems like there's a trend developing for borderline racist threads in after hours at the moment.

Makes you miss the usual dole & traveller bashing threads.

pearcider wrote: »

I agree, you're in need of an enclosure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

There are a lot of Irish I'd **** out of the country before most of the immigrants we have. Being lazy, dangerous and good for nothing has nothing to do with race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Hey OP, how can the media simultaneously be burying the story of the murders in Morocco and also reporting on it?

OP: The media are burying this story.

OP posts link to the story in the media

Everyone else:
    Black-Girl-Wat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

It seems like there's a trend developing for borderline racist threads in after hours at the moment.

Nothing borderline line about this one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

It would be great if people could have an adult discussion about the plus and minus points of our immigration situation but it inevitably turns into nazi/lefty mudslinging after a couple of posts.

The political and media echo chamber is a valid point but when you finish off with “build the wall and build it high” you kind of ruin any adult discussion before it even gets going :rolleyes:

Option 1. Ignore threads that you don't like.
    Option 2. Debate and put your point across in aforementioned threads.
    Option 3. Whinge (see below)

I agree, you're in need of an enclosure.

Some sort of a camp, if you will. A place where people could really concentrate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭enricoh

23 months is the average time spent in direct provision now. Full access to social housing and social welfare after that.
    Numbers are way up this year since they shortened the time spent in dp. Who could'a guessed that'd happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Ya. And the worst of it is most of the extreme views (on either side) are clearly made up of poorly interpreted American sh1t posts that don't translate to this country.

Predictions for this thread:
    • The Leftie Conspiracy is out to take down the West
    • Some poster being accused of being a Nazi
    • Asylum seekers are stealing our jobs
    • Asylum seekers are sponges that don't work
    • Something something Leo Vardkars fault
    • Emotive posts with no factual backing that cry about how the "other side" are unable to see how things really are
    • Something complaining about Muslims that doesn't tie into anything
    • A lot of ranting about the "other side"
    • People assuming everyone that doesn't believe every ludicrous notion they have must be brainwashed or too stupid to see "reality"
    • These people will also be unable to rationally defend or discuss these "realities" (as they see them)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭sk8erboii

xckjoo wrote: »
    Ya. And the worst of it is most of the extreme views (on either side) are clearly made up of poorly interpreted American sh1t posts that don't translate to this country.

Predictions for this thread:
    • The Leftie Conspiracy is out to take down the West
    • Some poster being accused of being a Nazi
    • Asylum seekers are stealing our jobs
    • Asylum seekers are sponges that don't work
    • Something something Leo Vardkars fault
    • Emotive posts with no factual backing that cry about how the "other side" are unable to see how things really are
    • Something complaining about Muslims that doesn't tie into anything
    • A lot of ranting about the "other side"
    • People assuming everyone that doesn't believe every ludicrous notion they have must be brainwashed or too stupid to see "reality"
    • These people will also be unable to rationally defend or discuss these "realities" (as they see them)

Lol theres eire/pol/ a discord server based on 4chans political board. They do raids on boards.ie the style of the ‘globalist indoctrination’ (their words)

They aim to subvert leftist politics by playing the same game. According to them

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Our lovely government signed up to the international agreements designed by our lucifierian worshiping Zionist controllers. Now we have to take in these economic migrants. Matter of time we will have the same no go zone areas that have sprung up across Western Europe.

Our lovely government signed up to the international agreements designed by our lucifierian worshiping Zionist controllers. Now we have to take in these economic migrants. Matter of time we will have the same no go zone areas that have sprung up across Western Europe.

To use a modern turn of phrase, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I won't try to address the shouldas and couldas.
    But I will say: You are only seeing the beginning of immigration in Ireland. Mark my words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Wait a second.
    Was someone hoping for a rational, unbiased presentation on Direct Provision in Ireland by RTE?

For the last two weeks, every single evening they had a report on the "homelessness crisis" ................. you know, where we have 200 or so poor souls who actually are living on the streets. RTE classifies those waiting for Forever Homes as homeless.
    Then we had the RTE Investigates crack squad spend over an hour telling us the woes of the "accommodation crisis" suffered by our distinct ethnic group, AKA The Travellers.
    And to cap it off, we have RTE Prime Time last night doing a masterpiece theatre piece on Direct Provision.

So there we have it. The RTE Trinity: Homelessness, Travellers, and Asylum Seekers.

RTE's sole purpose these days is to try and make the workers and contributors of Ireland feel like it is our personal responsibility for the poor decision making of RTE's Trinity. Anytime they do a report on these topics, they want to make us feel like giving up our homes for those looking for Forever Homes. For Travellers, they want us to feel that we should stop locking our gates and doors and just invite them all in, or get the neighbours to move so that a Traveller family can move next door.
    For Aslyum Seekers, RTE wants us to take in economic migrants, end Direct Provision, and provide them with housing immediately.

RTE will be the last bastion of extreme liberalism when it has been totally eradicated from the rest of Europe. They are the worse hypocrites because they demand that we do what they say, but not what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

And there is also a trend that if people question immigration, not the immigration of fellow EU citizens from Eastern, even Central Europe as my Polish colleague lectured me or of skilled employees to the health service or the likes of Google, one is immediately tarred as a racist, right winger and even nazi.
    Why does that also happen ?

Funny you also complain of traveller bashing, but probably remain relatively silent when it is the travellers actually physically bashing people, including fellow travellers.
    Another taboo subject for lots of people to discuss.

The fact is shouting about trump and building walls is just the other cheek of the same ar** that starts labeling everyone as racists.

And the OP does have a valid point about these discussions on our mainstream media turning into a one sided love in, with rarely a contrary view to be heard or seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

To use a modern turn of phrase, lol.

Can you explain how Ireland will dodge the issues that every other European country has had with mass non-EU immigration??

Can you explain how Ireland will dodge the issues that every other European country has had with mass non-EU immigration??

No, no I can't. I'm not spouting conspiracy theory nonsense either.

Do you agree with the poster I quoted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I agree that it is only a matter of time before areas are ghettoized, which will bring the associated problems. I also agree that our govt seem to want to be seen as a good little country by the EU. We have a veto on taking in refugees/non-EU immigrants but you'd never hear Leo or Zappone ask what the Irish citizens think we should do.

I agree that it is only a matter of time before areas are ghettoized, which will bring the associated problems. I also agree that our govt seem to want to be seen as a good little country by the EU. We have a veto on taking in refugees/non-EU immigrants but you'd never hear Leo or Zappone ask what the Irish citizens think we should do.

We already have ghettos. You may not see them as that because they don't mainly contain black people.
    We need to suck at the EU teat because that's where we get money.
    Leo, etc. are the reason we are not self sustaining, of course they won't question anything they are told to do by the EU.

So what's the next option? Burn down anything zoned for immigrant housing? Spout utter sh*te about Luciferian worshipping Zionist controllers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

While the OP is clearly tapped the coverage that RTE gives this issue is about as balanced.

Immigration provides immense benefit to this country but also poses severe challenges and the poorer you are the less you get of the former and the more you get of the latter. Our asylum system provides help to many who deserve it but is also widely abused by frauds, eagerly assisted by a legal system and NGO clique that shakes down the public purse for all its worth.

The first part of those sentences is shouted from the rooftops but the second part is effectively censored from mainstream debate. This is a problem that prevents proper policymaking and drives those who feel silenced and ignored into the arms of racists.

What part do you not agree with? Is it the part about the world being controlled by a luciferian worshipping Zionist cult or their intention to destroy the west by mass migration for their plans of a one world government?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Charlie Flanagan wasn't on the program last night.

Were you looking at a different program.

If you can't even get that right....

Overall there is no investigation of the issue of 'asyulm seekers', migrants.

It is a free for all, no questions asked.

We already have ghettos. You may not see them as that because they don't mainly contain black people.
    We need to suck at the EU teat because that's where we get money.
    Leo, etc. are the reason we are not self sustaining, of course they won't question anything they are told to do by the EU.

So what's the next option? Burn down anything zoned for immigrant housing? Spout utter sh*te about Luciferian worshipping Zionist controllers?

Why did Ireland sign up to the international agreements recently of continued intake of economic migrants while the mainstream media refused to cover it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why did Ireland sign up to the international agreements recently of continued intake of economic migrants while the mainstream media refused to cover it?

Have they really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?

What part do you not agree with? Is it the part about the world being controlled by a luciferian worshipping Zionist cult or their intention to destroy the west by mass migration for their plans of a one world government?

Yes. All of that.

I heard about it somehow. So did you obviously. Why Ireland signed up for it would be a question for the government.

seamus wrote: »
    Have they really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?

30 solid seconds I spent trying to work that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

30 solid seconds I spent trying to work that out.

I am assuming someone had finished early for christmas and was having a few in some hostelry. :D

Advertisement