Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling with baby

• 03-01-2019 8:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

About to return to work and contemplating doing one leg of creche drop off by bike as I used to cycle to work. Baby will be 12 months, long and sturdy so no size concerns.

Anyone any experience with different types of carriers / trailers? I cycle in Dublin but baby portion of commute is safe (or as safe as it can be in Dublin ) with an onward cycle into the docks for work. Something pretty light and maenouvrable would be ideal whilst also v safe for baby and me. Does such a thing exist??! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Is there any reason a simple seat on ypur bike won't do the job?

There isn't a huge variety of those to choose from but our 2 year old loves his.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Is there any reason a simple seat on ypur bike won't do the job?

There isn't a huge variety of those to choose from but our 2 year old loves his.

Nothing except a probably irrational fear that if I get knocked over, they fall with me... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

Trailer from Halfords,

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

I wouldn’t advise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Don't know the English word, but a lastenfahrrad is a good option for transporting children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jester77 wrote: »
    Don't know the English word, but a lastenfahrrad is a good option for transporting children

Cargo bike.

And yes, this is what you want. Trailers are ok but cargos are better. You can watch the kid and two wheels are better than 3(4).

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

Look up weeride. Baby/toddler goes on it’s own crossbar and your arms come either side of the seat to reach the handle bars, feels safe. Nice thing is that you can chat to him/her as you ride. Loved it until someone decided they wanted my bike more than me 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

t8010789 wrote: »
    Look up weeride. Baby/toddler goes on it’s own crossbar and your arms come either side of the seat to reach the handle bars, feels safe. Nice thing is that you can chat to him/her as you ride. Loved it until someone decided they wanted my bike more than me 😩

I have one of these too. Love it for younger children and I wouldn't like not be able to see them.

Advertisement