Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish ISIS member captured by Kurdish forces in Syria

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭enricoh

He's not as good looking as the last poster boy ibrahim halawa!
    So no, I'd say he's goosed!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Whatever the merit, or lack of, the Dept. Of Foreign Affairs probably have some obligation to offer assistance don't they?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Helium

Indeed a good solid Irish name. Which of the Bekmirzaevs is he now?, originally down Letrim way were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Helium wrote: »
    Indeed a good solid Irish name. Which of the Bekmirzaevs is he now?, originally down Letrim way were they?

The Kerry Bekmirzaevs I'd say, good with horses, powerful baritone voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Delighted for him. Obviously the State did their job when offering this terrorist Irish citizenship...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

F*ck him. He went to fight for a barbaric medieval cult. He deserves whatever punishment the Kurds deal out.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

they were preparing to attack a convoy of civilians escaping a war zone, it begs the question why they didn't just put a bullet in him and send him to meet Mohammad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

His photo is further proof that beards cause evil.

The Irish Citizenship test should require that the applicant be clean shaven and consume 6 pints of Guinness followed by a Full Irish with extra bacon, sausage and pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Where's he from originally? Sounds a bit Chechen

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I hope he took out travel inshurdance, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭twinytwo

I think its about time there is a distinction made between irish citizen and citizen of ireland

It's likely there, Dagastan or the Caucasus. I'd go with your guess, based mostly on the epic beard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Troy White Crayfish

Let him off, live by the sword, die by the sword so to speak. Won’t lose sleep over him not coming home anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Big radical muslim head on him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Big radical muslim head on him

Reminds me of a radical Trigger from Only Fools and Horses.

Some crowd of faux Irish carrying Irish passports these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Apparently from bobruisk, belarus if it's the same person

• Registered Users Posts: 34,283 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I wonder will the Dept of Foreign Affairs be offering consular services?

The only 'service' they should be offering is that of revoking his Irish citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Stick a Woodbine in the corner of his mouth, a Dublin GAA jersey on his back, give him a Banjo, sit him on a box, (and photograph him with the the GPO in the background) and he could be Irish. (I'm sure it could be photo-shopped)

Poor fella went home last year to visit his sick mama and got 'caught up' in a village fued.
    We Irish understand fueds you see, so we can see how one can easily get 'caught up' in one?

If there's a few votes in it, some party will come forward to assist this misunderstood, father of six, 'freedom fighters' passage home.
    Halawa's sisters could write him a letter( or fifty with those colored pencils) or the good folks who traced O' Bama's great-gran-pappy could pull the same stunt for this chap?

All in all, knowing us modern Irish, I think this chap will get back 'home' in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

he was probably just innocently coming out of the cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭bigroad

When will he be on the late late show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Zappone, various Shinners and brain dead do-gooders will soon be campaigning to bring him home.

Giving it Alluah Akbar and all the rest of that bullsh1t at Dublin Airport again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hope he's killed.
    Slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I know this is after hours etc.....
    but can we please stop acting a little less like a brexit supporting, Tommy Robinson **** circle....
    This guy is obviously a ****in evil twat, but that does not equate with every naturalised Irish citizen or Muslim resident of ireland, or asylum seeker or refugee being a sub human terrorist....

but can we please stop acting a little less like a brexit supporting, Tommy Robinson **** circle....
    This guy is obviously a ****in evil twat, but that does not equate with every naturalised Irish citizen or Muslim resident of ireland, or asylum seeker or refugee being a sub human terrorist....
    Not one single post has suggested as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭NSAman

What it does prove though, is that all “background checks” achieve nothing. How did he manage to get an Irish passport?

I know it is early days, but obviously this guy has been naturalised, is the process flawed? Unless his name is Paddy O’Brien and he took a lovely peace loving name?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Drimnagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Drimnagh.

If he was from Drimnagh, he'd never allow himself be taken alive :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

His as Irish as the rest of us. Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

enricoh wrote: »
    He's not as good looking as the last poster boy ibrahim halawa!
    So no, I'd say he's goosed!

I thought Terrence Edward Kelly a.k.a Khalid Kelly a.k.a Abu Osama Al-Irlandi was the last poster boy.

• Advertisement

His as Irish as the rest of us. Cop on.
    He is in his hole “as Irish as the rest of us”! Cop on.

Advertisement