Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fitbit

Options
  • 08-01-2019 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hello can anyone help? I’ve bought new Fitbit and gave my other one to my other half. He downloaded the Fitbit app and tried to set it up, he can’t do it and I’m wondering if anyone knows how to? The phone won’t pick up the Fitbit if you get me

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Did you turn Bluetooth off and on again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,094 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Did you remove that Fitbit from your app and factory reset it? I got a new one and the old one was still listed as a device on my account as well and would try to sync to my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Littlenicky55

Have tried turning Bluetooth off and back on and it didn’t work.
    Yes the Fitbit was removed from my device but can’t seem to factory reset it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What kind of phone is it? I have a Huawei one and it won't work with the fitbit app so I have to use my tablet. It's a known issue with the that brand apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Littlenicky55

What kind of phone is it? I have a Huawei one and it won't work with the fitbit app so I have to use my tablet. It's a known issue with the that brand apparently.

His phone is a Sony.
    I will try it on the tablet, thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

bluewolf wrote: »
    Did you turn Bluetooth off and on again

You should get a job in I.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

Sorry OP, but slightly off topic. How reliable & accurate are a Fitbit for tracking calories burned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

You should get a job in I.T.

Excuse you, IT has moved on leaps and bounds now. We try burning things first.

What watch is it, some of the Fitbits have awfully bad coding and syncing issues due to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi Folks

Not sure if anyone can help me..... hopefully tho!

I have a new fitbit and I've filled in all the details including my weight and my weight lost goal - all okay so far.

Today, after three days using, I noticed that my weight on my fitbit is different to what is on my phone app (and my scales) - by 6lbs!! Why? How?

I've checked the app on my ph - and its the same as when I set it up, so why has the fitbit given me a different weight - a gain of 6 lbs!!!

Help please!

Advertisement