Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 3 in 2019?

• 13-01-2019 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭

The only thing I use my PS3 for is GTA5 and using retroarch to play Nintendo and Sega games. Somtimes watch the odd DVD.

What else can you do with a JB PS3 that would make this system Abit more uselful?

As an internet browser it's horrendous and does not load any webpage properly at all. I want to get a last bit of life out of this before I finally buy myself a PS4.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The only thing I use my PS3 for is GTA5 and using retroarch to play Nintendo and Sega games. Somtimes watch the odd DVD.

What else can you do with a JB PS3 that would make this system Abit more uselful?

As an internet browser it's horrendous and does not load any webpage properly at all. I want to get a last bit of life out of this before I finally buy myself a PS4.

Personally I'd bite the bullet and get a ps4, it's a far far better system.

I stopped using my ps3 about 2-3 years ago now. The odd time I put it back on but it's so slow compared to the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,952 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Swap out the HDD, load in a new one and use it as a media streamer? Personally I like to think I'll get around to playing my one again at some point in the future rather than just selling it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭bot43

Was in CEX the other day and had a nose at the PS3 section.

If a guy wasnt too bothered about being totally up to daye some incredible value to be had. Assassins Creed 2, Revelations and brotherhood all €1.50 each. TLOU around €5.

Advertisement