Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FUP cap removed, but charged €100 for excessive usage.

• 23-01-2019 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

My family went over the 1TB cap for December seeing as how I was assured twice that the 1TB cap had been removed from our account. But our bill for December that just came in shows €100.00 "Excess broadband usage" charge as if the FUP cap has not been removed.

I entered a new 12 month contract package for the sole reason of removing the 1TB FUP cap as  I was assured it would be removed.

My 1st call to eir the sales rep confirmed the FUP cap had been removed from account. I made a 2nd call to eir 5 days later to double check, different sales rep, again confirmed that the FUP cap had been removed from our account. 

A family member went into an Eir store today to try and get it sorted but staff said the 1TB FUP cap cannot be removed and there is no broadband package they offer without the 1TB fair usage policy cap

I've already spent over 10 hours on hold calling eir twice at the end of November for what I thought was getting the FUP cap removed. Do I need put aside another for another 5 hour phone call just to get this fixed?

Can an eir representative please advise me how to get this excessive broadband usage charge removed from my bill, and whether or not it is actually even possible to remove the FUP from eir broadband? Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

DevFirst wrote: »
    My family went over the 1TB cap for December seeing as how I was assured twice that the 1TB cap had been removed from our account. But our bill for December that just came in shows €100.00 "Excess broadband usage" charge as if the FUP cap has not been removed.

I entered a new 12 month contract package for the sole reason of removing the 1TB FUP cap as  I was assured it would be removed.

My 1st call to eir the sales rep confirmed the FUP cap had been removed from account. I made a 2nd call to eir 5 days later to double check, different sales rep, again confirmed that the FUP cap had been removed from our account. 

A family member went into an Eir store today to try and get it sorted but staff said the 1TB FUP cap cannot be removed and there is no broadband package they offer without the 1TB fair usage policy cap

I've already spent over 10 hours on hold calling eir twice at the end of November for what I thought was getting the FUP cap removed. Do I need put aside another for another 5 hour phone call just to get this fixed?

Can an eir representative please advise me how to get this excessive broadband usage charge removed from my bill, and whether or not it is actually even possible to remove the FUP from eir broadband? Thank you.
    Hi there DevFirst,

I am sorry to hear about this and I understand this can be very frustrating.

If you could PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB
    5) Your full postal address

I can also confirm that yes, we are capable of removing this 1TB FUP cap on accounts.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

Hi there DevFirst,

If you could PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

I can also confirm that yes, we are capable of removing this 1TB FUP cap on accounts.

~Kellie
    Hi kellie, what is required to have the FUP removed. Last time I rang 1902. I was told they couldn't remove it and that IF I want it I would have to sign up to new contract, which would mean breaking my current contract which would incur a Fine for early termination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

jos22 wrote: »

Hi there DevFirst,

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    Hi kellie, what is required to have the FUP removed. Last time I rang 1902. I was told they couldn't remove it and that IF I want it I would have to sign up to new contract, which would mean breaking my current contract which would incur a Fine for early termination.
    Hi there jos22,

I am sorry to hear about this. 

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be happy to look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ValCake

Hi there DevFirst,

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    Account holder of the original poster here. PM sent to you Kellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DevFirst

UPDATE: PROBLEM STILL NOT RESOLVED. NOW WITH ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS.

- CHARGED FOR EXCESS BROADBAND USAGE FOR THE 2ND TIME DESPITE BEING TOLD TWICE THE FUP CAP HAD BEEN REMOVED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND TOLD ONCE AGAIN IN JANUARY 2019.

- MY EIR BUNDLE IS NOW INCORRECT AND I'VE BEEN MOVED TO THE WRONG LANDLINE PACKAGE AND CHARGED EXCESS CHARGES. DID NOT REQUEST LANDLINE PACKAGE TO BE CHANGED, AT NO POINT WAS TOLD PACKAGE WAS CHANGED.

As in my original post, we first removed the fair usage policy cap at start of December but received a 100 euro excess charge in Jan, so we contacted Kellie here last month, very polite and helpful, again assured us the 1TB FUP cap had been removed. 

Our February bill has come in and unfortunately there is yet ANOTHER excess broadband charge this month for 37 euro, so the FUP cap is still active, and also I'm seeing additional excess charges and errors.

Here are the billing errors I am seeing this month:
    • 37.53 euro in "Total excess broadband charges" despite being assured 3 times now the FUP cap has been removed.
    • 3.72 euro in "Part Period charges and credits/Service charges" for a strange landline number beginning with "3333" that isn't our landline number? (absolutely no idea what these charges are for, not renting any parts and my bill never has a service charges section any prior months.)
    • 9.87 euro in "local off-peak landline calls" charges (We are currently on the "eir Talk Mobile World" package, but bill this month says the landline package is "eir Talk Off-Peak 2018", and these are charges for off peak calls. We never at any point requested to be moved to this landline package and at no point were informed we had been moved, I can only assume trying to remove the FUP last month our package got messed up?)

Any help from an Eir rep in resolving these matters would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

- CHARGED FOR EXCESS BROADBAND USAGE FOR THE 2ND TIME DESPITE BEING TOLD TWICE THE FUP CAP HAD BEEN REMOVED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND TOLD ONCE AGAIN IN JANUARY 2019.

- MY EIR BUNDLE IS NOW INCORRECT AND I'VE BEEN MOVED TO THE WRONG LANDLINE PACKAGE AND CHARGED EXCESS CHARGES. DID NOT REQUEST LANDLINE PACKAGE TO BE CHANGED, AT NO POINT WAS TOLD PACKAGE WAS CHANGED.

As in my original post, we first removed the fair usage policy cap at start of December but received a 100 euro excess charge in Jan, so we contacted Kellie here last month, very polite and helpful, again assured us the 1TB FUP cap had been removed. 

Our February bill has come in and unfortunately there is yet ANOTHER excess broadband charge this month for 37 euro, so the FUP cap is still active, and also I'm seeing additional excess charges and errors.

• 37.53 euro in "Total excess broadband charges" despite being assured 3 times now the FUP cap has been removed.
    • 3.72 euro in "Part Period charges and credits/Service charges" for a strange landline number beginning with "3333" that isn't our landline number? (absolutely no idea what these charges are for, not renting any parts and my bill never has a service charges section any prior months.)
    • 9.87 euro in "local off-peak landline calls" charges (We are currently on the "eir Talk Mobile World" package, but bill this month says the landline package is "eir Talk Off-Peak 2018", and these are charges for off peak calls. We never at any point requested to be moved to this landline package and at no point were informed we had been moved, I can only assume trying to remove the FUP last month our package got messed up?)

[*]

Any help from an Eir rep in resolving these matters would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    [*]
    Hi Devfirst

Can you pm me with the following information please and I will look into this for you? 

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:
    Are you the account holder?

Many thanks

~Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

If the current Eir customer service situation was a comedy on Netflix people would turn it off as not being funny and totally unbelievable. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

eir: Linzi wrote: »

- CHARGED FOR EXCESS BROADBAND USAGE FOR THE 2ND TIME DESPITE BEING TOLD TWICE THE FUP CAP HAD BEEN REMOVED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND TOLD ONCE AGAIN IN JANUARY 2019.

- MY EIR BUNDLE IS NOW INCORRECT AND I'VE BEEN MOVED TO THE WRONG LANDLINE PACKAGE AND CHARGED EXCESS CHARGES. DID NOT REQUEST LANDLINE PACKAGE TO BE CHANGED, AT NO POINT WAS TOLD PACKAGE WAS CHANGED.

• 37.53 euro in "Total excess broadband charges" despite being assured 3 times now the FUP cap has been removed.
    • 3.72 euro in "Part Period charges and credits/Service charges" for a strange landline number beginning with "3333" that isn't our landlinenumber?(absolutely no idea what these charges are for, not renting any parts and my bill never has a service charges section any prior months.)
    • 9.87 euro in "local off-peak landline calls" charges (We are currently on the "eir Talk Mobile World" package,but bill this month says the landline package is "eir Talk Off-Peak 2018", and these are charges for off peak calls. We never at any point requested to be moved to this landline package and at no point were informed we had been moved, I can only assume trying to remove the FUP last month our package got messed up?)
    [*]

[*]
    Hi Devfirst

Can you pm me with the following information please and I will look into this for you?

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:

Many thanks

~Linzi
    [*]
    same as me dev being charged for the package i didnt even say i wanted..Blaming me then saying it was the package i wanted then. next course is legal action tired of <snip> who cant do their jobs & falsely charge & blame me then for their mistake.
    They are still doing it

https://www.thejournal.ie/eircom-fined-overcharging-customers-4091434-Jun2018/
    if i were you i would be going to Com Reg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

hello

I was previous in contact with Eir Kellie
    who put my account through the procedure to have the FUP removed,
    I was told this was completed and the Fup had being removed from my account.
    Latest Bill has shown up online tonight and I can I see that I have being charged for excess usage  even tho I'm  no longer tied to a FUP ?

eir: Linzi wrote: »

- CHARGED FOR EXCESS BROADBAND USAGE FOR THE 2ND TIME DESPITE BEING TOLD TWICE THE FUP CAP HAD BEEN REMOVED IN DECEMBER 2018 AND TOLD ONCE AGAIN IN JANUARY 2019.

- MY EIR BUNDLE IS NOW INCORRECT AND I'VE BEEN MOVED TO THE WRONG LANDLINE PACKAGE AND CHARGED EXCESS CHARGES. DID NOT REQUEST LANDLINE PACKAGE TO BE CHANGED, AT NO POINT WAS TOLD PACKAGE WAS CHANGED.

• 37.53 euro in "Total excess broadband charges" despite being assured 3 times now the FUP cap has been removed.
    • 3.72 euro in "Part Period charges and credits/Service charges" for a strange landline number beginning with "3333" that isn't our landlinenumber?(absolutely no idea what these charges are for, not renting any parts and my bill never has a service charges section any prior months.)
    • 9.87 euro in "local off-peak landline calls" charges (We are currently on the "eir Talk Mobile World" package,but bill this month says the landline package is "eir Talk Off-Peak 2018", and these are charges for off peak calls. We never at any point requested to be moved to this landline package and at no point were informed we had been moved, I can only assume trying to remove the FUP last month our package got messed up?)

[*]

[*]
    Hi Devfirst

Registered Name:
    Registered Address:
    Account Number:
    DOB:

Many thanks

~Linzi

[*]
    same as me dev being charged for the package i didnt even say i wanted..Blaming me then saying it was the package i wanted then. next course is legal action tired of <snip> who cant do their jobs & falsely charge & blame me then for their mistake.
    They are still doing it

https://www.thejournal.ie/eircom-fined-overcharging-customers-4091434-Jun2018/
    if i were you i would be going to Com Reg
    [*]
    Hi JamesBond2010

Could you pm me the following details along with a description of your issue and I will certainly look into this for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Many thanks

Linzi

• Advertisement

jos22 wrote: »
    hello

I was previous in contact with Eir Kellie
    who put my account through the procedure to have the FUP removed,
    I was told this was completed and the Fup had being removed from my account.
    Latest Bill has shown up online tonight and I can I see that I have being charged for excess usage  even tho I'm  no longer tied to a FUP ?
    Hi jos22

Can you pm me the following details and I will look into this issue for you. 

Name
    Account Number
    1st line of address
    DOB

Thanks
    Linzi

Advertisement