Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

half rack selection

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This thread has nothing to do with ribs. I'm feeling very let down

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Any particular reason you aren’t going for a full size rack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Yes, probably a stupid reason though. I found good reviews of that website, dodgy ones of others. So I only looked on that website, and they have no full size rack in stock.

I do have space for a full size one though so it probably makes sense to get one alright. Can't compromise on safety. ..Not that I intend to ever actually need to drop something on the spotters.

Any recommendations for products or vendors? I live in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

D8 have decent stuff. I bought some kettlebells and bits there and have been happy with them.

I got my rack from here https://www.strengthshop.ie/equipment/squat-stands-cages-blocks.html. It’s very solid and I’m happy with it. Shipping from the UK is free which is nice.

I’d go for a full rack for sure if space and cost aren’t issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

if you are going full rack have a look at irish lifting https://irishlifting.ie/gym-equipment/power-rack/ good prices too

• Advertisement

Dubdude wrote: »
    if you are going full rack have a look at irish lifting https://irishlifting.ie/gym-equipment/power-rack/ good prices too

They look good but I came across a lot of stories about them a while back. Seemed like they used to be good but then something happened and orders weren't being fulfilled. Anyone happen to know what the story was there?

From what I remember the original guy who set it up sold it on then when he heard the amount of crap going on he took it back. Nearly sure they are grand to deal with now and have there warehouse and showroom in ballymount.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dubdude wrote: »
    From what I remember the original guy who set it up sold it on then when he heard the amount of crap going on he took it back. Nearly sure they are grand to deal with now and have there warehouse and showroom in ballymount.

Mick, formerly of this parish, founded Irish Lifting and then sold it off. Last I heard he was hanging around with Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock. He owns Irish lifting again?

I always found them grand to deal with.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Mick, formerly of this parish, founded Irish Lifting and then sold it off. Last I heard he was hanging around with Mike Tyson and Ken Shamrock. He owns Irish lifting again?

I always found them grand to deal with.

Ye mick, thats him couldn't remember his name. Now I could be wrong but I'm nearly sure that is what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I have no idea on quality but this offer keeps popping up on my FB feed for €400 (valid til 31 Jan) the company is called gymless and seem to be based out of Ballymount/Advert.

50782945_1246246135523761_2112916892208332800_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-1.fna&oh=f10ab292d0f9aef397f981a210d17a9a&oe=5CBE9812

• Advertisement

https://www.mcsport.ie/p/hit-fitness-f100-standard-power-rack/hit00160

This looks like a good deal. Don’t think I’m at risk of squatting over 227kg.

Anybody any experience with Hit fitness stuff? Can’t find reviews.

looks like there's no holes for bolting it to the ground. Is this important?

I was thinking I would hold off bolting anything down because I might get the floor levelled and a better floor installed.

Anybody get rubber floors fitted?

Oh well, sold out now.

Went with IrishLifting. Power rack, commercial flat bench, bearing bar and weights for 1k. Thanks again for your help.

All arrived today. My wife was there to receive it and the courier very nicely lugged it on a pallet to the side of the house.

Everything looks great. Just brought it in now. There were a couple of nice upgrades that I'll check were deliberate. Received the commercial adjustable bench in place of the flat one. Received four 2.5kg and four 5kg rubber plates instead of four 5kg , two 2.5kg and four 1.25kg plates in an iron set. The black rubber plates are nice.

Got a call back this morning in reply to a mail I sent about the substitutions. Said it wasnt deliberate but it would cost them too much to arrange collection and replacement so just keep it. This is good as I'd already bought 1.25kg weights elsewhere after not hearing back from my mail.

Advertisement