Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking Back Control

• 29-01-2019 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭

Feeling like I'm in a bit of a rut... Have decided to get motivated & improve my lifestyle.

I'm not going to do anything drastic, this is about keeping on top of my lifestyle, make sure I get active every day, do something interestingeach weekend day to keep me active.

I've just ordered a Withings Body+ scale & an Oura Ring to track activity and sleep (read "lifestyle"). I'll also dig out the Under Armour fitness band from a drawer somewhere... It's not all about the gadgets, it's more about me being able to analise my life a bit better and make sure I'm aware of my lifestyle... Positive example was that yesterday, I walked the extra distance to get lunch, went to a further bus stop on the way home, got off the bus one stop late & yesterday evening I realised I hadn't met the targets I set myself so I headed to the shops on the bike to guaruntee I reached them...

I know the scales data over time will help me change my diet & that the sleep data can provide lots of insight into how your total lifestyle can effect you...

But, can anyone recommend a good app (Android) to collate all of the information, maybe Google Fit? or is there a better app out there? Should I just use the seperate apps for each tracker? What do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Have had the Smart Scales for a while now. It's working great, it's genuinely motivating me to be more active and I'm also begining to look at my diet...

Best app I use for combing data so far is the Withings Health Mate app... It brings steps & activities from Google Fit, gives weight, BMI, Heart Rate, Body Fat, Water, Muscle etc... and sets out some nice clear graphs for your progress.

I use the Google Fit app too, as it has moved the emphasis from steps to Heart Activity, which I find useful... I also have Gyroscope, whch is meant to bring all your info together (and apparently has conectivity with the Oura Ring), but the interface is an absolute mess, so i don't look at it that much. The only reason I keep it is the possible connection with Oura when It arrives next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

Good stuff, you sound like you’re on the right track so it’s just staying consistent now!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

@Bluefoam, What do you think of the Oura ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

@Bluefoam, What do you think of the Oura ring?

Its a great yolk. I wear it all the time. I'm at the stage now where I can check my data occassionally, but amn't obsessed with my data every morning. It's discrete and easy to wear & isn't effected by excercise, swimming, showering or doing the dishes... I use it in conjunction with the Withings Scale (which is may favourite piece of tech).

I'm working on Withings to get them to use Oura data in their app...

Advertisement