Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chicken pox

• 31-01-2019 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Oldest is on day 6 of pox and out of crèche. Thought he was grand after 5 days but they would not accept back in crèche as they could see new spots still coming thru. I didn't see anything new!

Cue to today and the baby has a couple of harmless looking spots in her face. I'm to presume it's also pox and decided not to bother trying to bring her in this morning as would be told to take her home. However, by bedtime she looked no worse, if not better!! I'll see how she is in the morning but can some kids get a really slow brewing pox? Oldest lad - didn't notice anything and was called in by lunchtime to take him out. To be fair, by that night, he'd a couple more and a couple more by the next day but after 24hrs had about 30.
    I'm actually hoping baby has the pox cos I took today off and have booked tomorrow off for now on the back of "no.2 now has it". Will feel pretty thick if she doesn't have it and then gets it a week or 2 later and look for time off again as have just taken a week off with the older lad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

73trix wrote: »
    Oldest is on day 6 of pox and out of crèche. Thought he was grand after 5 days but they would not accept back in crèche as they could see new spots still coming thru. I didn't see anything new!

Cue to today and the baby has a couple of harmless looking spots in her face. I'm to presume it's also pox and decided not to bother trying to bring her in this morning as would be told to take her home. However, by bedtime she looked no worse, if not better!! I'll see how she is in the morning but can some kids get a really slow brewing pox? Oldest lad - didn't notice anything and was called in by lunchtime to take him out. To be fair, by that night, he'd a couple more and a couple more by the next day but after 24hrs had about 30.
    I'm actually hoping baby has the pox cos I took today off and have booked tomorrow off for now on the back of "no.2 now has it". Will feel pretty thick if she doesn't have it and then gets it a week or 2 later and look for time off again as have just taken a week off with the older lad!

My oldest got them last summer, it was 2/2.5 weeks later when his younger brother got them. Don’t know why you’d feel ‘thick’! These things happen. So stressful with work but once they’ve had them once it’s pretty unlikely that they’ll get them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

cant26 wrote: »
    My oldest got them last summer, it was 2/2.5 weeks later when his younger brother got them. Don’t know why you’d feel ‘thick’! These things happen. So stressful with work but once they’ve had them once it’s pretty unlikely that they’ll get them again.

I don't think the baby has them at all but she has a couple of little spots on her face. I might try bring them in a in a while and see what they say. They are no different to yesterday and there are no new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My older two got them when the eldest was 3yrs and the youngest 5 months. The baby had a fairly benign looking spot or two on her belly a few days before she broke out but odd enough looking for me to take a pic. She really got an awful dose of them, rare at that age. Was raging to find out I can’t get my 3rd vaccinated until she’s 12 months but I suppose she’s low risk as the other two have had them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

No pox yet on #2. Bracing for them to arrive in the next week or so ....

Advertisement