Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultraviolet/Flixster Movies

• 02-02-2019 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anyone know how to download your digital movies from Flixster video onto your PC? When I download the movies I redeemed it only downloads onto the Flixster app on the pc and not onto the actual PC. I want to download them onto the PC to add to ITunes and to an SD card so I can put on my devices. The movie it’self once downloaded is nowhere to be found in any of my files and the web is no help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

J_J wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to download your digital movies from Flixster video onto your PC? When I download the movies I redeemed it only downloads onto the Flixster app on the pc and not onto the actual PC. I want to download them onto the PC to add to ITunes and to an SD card so I can put on my devices. The movie it’self once downloaded is nowhere to be found in any of my files and the web is no help.

I have used Flixster Video before. The app is proprietary software on your hd because the service is loaded with DRM.

I heard some recent news about Ultraviolet. You may have heard about it yourself OP. Ultraviolet is closing down worldwide on the 31st of July this year. To continue having access to your movies; you need to have your Flixster Video account linked with your Ultraviolet account. If you don't do the linking up process with Ultraviolet; you will lose everything from your digital collection. People in the UK have to do that plus download all of their stuff from Flixster Video to continue accessing it otherwise it will be gone forever. I don't know if ourselves in Ireland have to do all of that work. It is a right pain in the neck to do all of that work even though we have five months left to do it.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/ultraviolet-shutting-down-1203123898/#article-comments

I read some nights ago from Warner Brothers Digital Support that they are to close Flixster Video & transferring people's digital collections to another digital locker service later this year. More information is available with these articles from their website. E-mails will be sent out to their users about their transition at a later date.

https://digitalsupport.warnerbros.com/hc/en-ie/sections/360003211094-Ultraviolet

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Any update on this? I've a stupidly large collection that I'm worried about losing.....:(

Any update on this? I've a stupidly large collection that I'm worried about losing.....:(

No. I still haven't received any updates yet.

For now; just make sure that you sign-in into Flixster Video & synchronize your movie library before the 31st of July by linking it with your email address.

That way; you won't lose the movies from it.

Well; we have official confirmation on it last night.

People's digital video collections on Flixster Video will be switching over to Google Play from the 31st of July.

The apps & website provided by Flixster Video will close on 31st of October.

eJIxmn8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

The best thing to do is create a VUDU (or Fandango) account and link your ultraviolet to that. This is what I have done. You'll need a VPN to create and access the VUDU account, but once you have this setup you can then
    1. Create a Movisanywhere account (no VPN needed to access)
    2. Link the Moviesanywhere account to your VUDU/Fandango account
    3. Then link Moviesanywhere to your Google, Amazon, Microsoft, iTunes (US) accounts etc etc

Once the films are in Moviesanywhere you'll have a lot of flexibility with how you can use them. It won't take too long, but needs to be done before ultraviolet shuts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Mizu_Ger wrote: »
    The best thing to do is create a VUDU (or Fandango) account and link your ultraviolet to that. This is what I have done. You'll need a VPN to create and access the VUDU account, but once you have this setup you can then
    1. Create a Movisanywhere account (no VPN needed to access)
    2. Link the Moviesanywhere account to your VUDU/Fandango account
    3. Then link Moviesanywhere to your Google, Amazon, Microsoft, iTunes (US) accounts etc etc

Once the films are in Moviesanywhere you'll have a lot of flexibility with how you can use them. It won't take too long, but needs to be done before ultraviolet shuts down.
    Signed up no bother to VUDU with a VPN. Moviesanywhere is refusing to register me without a VPN stating I must be a US resident, then when I use a VPN it refuses me because I'm using a VPN. Is there any other way?

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Signed up no bother to VUDU with a VPN. Moviesanywhere is refusing to register me without a VPN stating I must be a US resident, then when I use a VPN it refuses me because I'm using a VPN. Is there any other way?

That's odd. I can access my Moviesanywhere account without a VPN. Maybe it's the initial account creation (I was in the US when I created mine).

Try unlocator.com. I subscribe to this, but you can get a free trial and setup Moviesanywhere that way.

Having everything in VUDU now means it's "safe". Adding to Moviesanywhere will give you greater flexibility on how you view the content.

I found this in the Moviesanywhere Q&A
    Can I use Movies Anywhere outside of the United States?
    Yes, your Movies Anywhere collection can be accessed to stream and download your movies. However, you cannot create a new account from outside of the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

That's odd. I can access my Moviesanywhere account without a VPN. Maybe it's the initial account creation (I was in the US when I created mine).

Try unlocator.com. I subscribe to this, but you can get a free trial and setup Moviesanywhere that way.

Having everything in VUDU now means it's "safe". Adding to Moviesanywhere will give you greater flexibility on how you view the content.
    Thanks but Moviesanywhere still blocking that VPN so it looks like you need to register in the US alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Yes, it is the account creation that is blocked. You just need to find the right VPN provider that is let through the process. I used Windscribe last year to create my account on Moviesanywhere.

Still haven't had a chance to do this. Anyone know if the proposed transfer to Google Play is happening before the 31st?

SHEET! myuv.com won't open......hope it didn't close early....

SHEET! myuv.com won't open......hope it didn't close early....

I can still access my library.

Did you open a VUDU account and link to that? Once you've done that the films are safe.

I can still access my library.

Did you open a VUDU account and link to that? Once you've done that the films are safe.

Hi Mizu, thanks for the reply.

Spent a few hours on this last night.

Opened a VUDU a/c though a VPN. My UV a/c however won’t open through the VPN so I can’t link them.

It opens perfectly without the VPN, but then I can’t access VUDU.

I opened a moviesanywhere a/c but can’t link the VUDU from that either, and it doesn’t take UV.

My flixster a/c seems to be fine, and it’s linked to my UV, but haven’t managed to connect anything else.

Any thoughts?

I’ll be VERY annoyed with myself if I don’t figure this out in time, to put it mildly.

Still haven't had a chance to do this. Anyone know if the proposed transfer to Google Play is happening before the 31st?

Not quite. You should have received an email from Flixster Video by now to say it will now happen after the 31st of July. The reason for the delay is that the transition to GP is apparently not ready yet.

Not quite. You should have received an email from Flixster Video by now to say it will now happen after the 31st of July. The reason for the delay is that the transition to GP is apparently not ready yet.

Didn’t get that! Did they give any timelines? Still use Flixster. Was good for what it did.

Hi,

Still can't log into myuv.com via the VPN, but it works fine without. Confused....

Does anyone know if I'll be ok with just flixster for now?

So I've managed to get a message that says my UV account is linked to VUDU in VUDU....but no movies/shows etc are showing.

Totally confused.....

So I've managed to get a message that says my UV account is linked to VUDU in VUDU....but no movies/shows etc are showing.

Totally confused.....

Give it a little bit of time to populate your films.

In the meantime, try to setup a fandango account and link to your UV account. Fandango can then be linked to MovieAnywhere too.

• Advertisement

Give it a little bit of time to populate your films.

In the meantime, try to setup a fandango account and link to your UV account. Fandango can then be linked to MovieAnywhere too.

Thanks Mizu,

Got sorted in the end by getting an American colleague to do it for me from the US. All good now.

Thanks again for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 roblawlor

Sad news for Irish Flixster users. Anyone who has Breaking Bad as part of their collection is about to lose it as it is not available in the Irish Google Play store. This does not affect UK customers. I have contacted Flixster about it but have heard nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Ginger Ninja

Is anyone having issues migrating their collection from Flixster to Google Play? Everytime I click the migrate collection button, it doesn't bring me to the next page, so I can't go into the individual films to migrate them.

Is anyone having issues migrating their collection from Flixster to Google Play?

Yes. I have two movies that won't migrate to Google Play. They are Percy Jackson Sea of Monsters & The Monuments Men. However; both movies are available for rent or a download on the Irish Google Play store but strangely cannot migrate them from Flixster Video which is a bit of pain. Both titles are priced the same as being offered for €3.49 for a rental & €12.99 for a HD download. But I am not paying for that as I already paid to have the codes included with the Blu-rays. I had sent a support ticket to WB Digital Support to see if they can help me out this problem. Fingers crossed it all goes well as I got no word from them yet.

I also have two titles that are not available in Google Play at all due to no rights being available. They are Gotham Season 1 & Top Gear The Perfect Road Trip.

The rest of my titles migrated to Google Play without issue. It took me about 30 minutes to do it so that wasn't bad work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭oneilla

Was able to migrate my small library apart from Terminator Salvation Director's Cut & Breaking Bad. It's nice to have access and the process was easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭markc1184

When I follow the flixster link and migrate my collection, on the google video page it says that the video has been added to my library but then nothing that I have migrated is showing on either the Play movies app or on the library page on the web page. Any suggestions?

markc1184 wrote: »
    When I follow the flixster link and migrate my collection, on the google video page it says that the video has been added to my library but then nothing that I have migrated is showing on either the Play movies app or on the library page on the web page. Any suggestions?

I know what to do here if you are on the Google Play web page.

1) Go to the coloured boxes in the top left hand corner of the web page.

2) Select the red box called 'Movies'.

3) Once that finishes loading hover your mouse over to click on 'My Movies'.

That should bring you into your Google Play Movies library.

If you are using the Google Play Movies & TV App. Select My Movies on the tool bar on the top of the app.

If you still see nothing there. Go back to the Flixster Video 'Migrate my Collection' page and click on 'Verify' for each missing title.

There appears to be some confirmation from WB Digital Support that the transfer of people's digital libraries from Flixster Video to Google Play has not gone smoothly. WB Digital Support have been sending support ticket replies to people to say that there was regret in not having titles which remain unavailable for migration from Flixster Video to Google Play in which they said is down to a 'technical problem'.

If you are hearing or reading this reply from them; you would probably agree with my own thinking that it is a official stock reply coming out from the people who run the service in WB. The good news from WB's point of view is that it won't mean people's titles would disappear for good or eventually get taken away from this migration process. WB have said that they will rectify this 'technical problem' by way of an email which is sent to people's email addresses linked with Flixster Video. That email would outline the titles available to you for migration to Google Play once the issue is completely fixed.

Here's that stock reply from someone that I copied off Disqus which had outlined this technical issue.
    Hello,

Thank you for reaching out.

We regret that some titles in your Flixster Video collection are not available for migration to Google Play.

We have had some technical problems with some titles listed below in your collection that are listed as unavailable, and we are currently working on making these titles available for migration to Google Play and fixing any related technical issues. We will provide you a notice by E-mail when these additional titles become available for migration, so that you can return to your collection and migrate them to Google Play. Please stay tuned.

Thank you.

I got a smaller stock reply from WB Digital Support 8 days ago in which they said they are researching the issue, about my two Flixster Video titles not porting over to Google Play, that I had reported through my support ticket to them. They said they will contact me soon with further support with a thank you note attached.

What do you think of this reply from them. Will WB doing all of that work for people be achieved by the 18th of December?

Advertisement