Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If I pass my test can I temporarily drive on my learner insurance?

• 11-02-2019 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

Assuming I pass my test this afternoon, will I still be OK to drive on my provisional insurance policy until such time as a new policy is issued if an experienced driver like my partner in the car beside her?

Pls advise

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Your question is a bit mixed up, I'm not sure what you are asking. But if you pass the test. You are still a learner, until a driving license is in your hands.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I presume this means you are a named driver on your partners insurance policy? Is it some special policy for learner drivers? You really need to ask your insurer if you are in doubt.

But as noted above, when you pass your test this afternoon you will still be a learner driver until you receive your full license in your hand after applying. So yes you still need an accompanying driver beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

You'll be able to drive if you pass the test so long as you're accompanied because you (technically) cannot drive alone until your full license arrives in the post.

Advertisement