Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What books do I need for the theory test?

Options
  • 18-02-2019 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I want to learn how to drive a car but there seems to be loads of different books for different categories and cross over with all of them, I dont know which one im supposed to buy? Do I also need to buy a rules of the road book? It seems silly that theres two separate books for the theory test considering how theyre not cheap.

I have a theory test book from 2013 which ive been studying, when I bought it there was no mention of needing a second book, it seems like both where combined in the one theory test book. Is this a new thing? and are the older books much different to the newer ones?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The only book needed for the theory test is the Rules of the Road. In my experience, the theory test was more focused on risk assessment. So be sure to pay a lot of attention to that, when going through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

The only book needed for the theory test is the Rules of the Road. In my experience, the theory test was more focused on risk assessment. So be sure to pay a lot of attention to that, when going through it.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Get a free app and run the test until you can pass it every time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

You can get testing software for free from the library to use. You can also download a PDF of the rules of the road for free from the RSA website.

These are the only things you'll need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

http://theory-tester.com/

My husband used this only and kept doing it till he got them all right. He passed his theory test and recently passed his driving test first time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭emilymemily

Thanks everyone, I didnt know I could download the book and thanks for the helpful links

Advertisement