Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mountain buggy nano

• 19-02-2019 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭

Expecting my 4th baby in the summer, and I’m considering buying yet another buggy (though I’ll probably tell my OH that I found it on a street corner, or I’ll be in big trouble!!)

Has anyone got a mountain buggy nano? I’m looking for a very compact single buggy, ideally that takes a car seat for very quick dashes into the shop, school run, etc.

I have a travel system that I’ve used for all my other kiddos, and when my last baby was small, I usually kept the travel system and out n about double in the boot of my car, but now that I’ll be using my boot seats some of the time, I think a very compact buggy might be more practical.

I’ve looked at the babyzen yo-yo, uppababy minu and bugaboo bee, but I can’t justify spending that kind of money. The only one of these I can find second hand is the bee, and they’re all crazy money. The joie pact is priced much more keenly, but looks flimsy and has a 15kg weight limit- the mountain buggy has a 20kg limit.
    We’re travelling to the uk soon enough with our older two kids, I’d consider buying before that and using it for our three year old in the airport if I could pick one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Congrats jlm!
    No experience of nano. I have a city mini single. :) I would not describe it as compact unless on it’s side.
    The cosatto whoosh takes up to 25kg but don’t think it takes car seat. Don’t know how it folds.
    Have you seen the babylo scat....it looks similar to babyzen? You used to be able to get the in smyths and mothercare. It folds up tiny.
    I played around with this babylo explorer in smyths one day....I really liked it! It is not as compact as scat.
    Don’t think babylos will take car seat and are up to 15kg!

Silvercross have a pop but two handles which I hate and does not take car seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

I have a mountain buggy nano, didn't have it for the newborn stage. A friend of mine has gone through the bugaboo, chameleon & bee, the yoyo and has the nano, its her favourite by far. For the baby stage there is a cocoon, but you can also strap the car seat on to it. Not as easy as clicking it on to travel system but grand.
    I live abroad so I got it for travelling, its great, light, easy to pop up and down. If you plan to travel a lot i'd highly recommend it. My only issues with it are that the bar is a bit low if you are tall. Also its not great on rough roads as the wheels are small.
    I had a bugaboo for the new born stage and my son hated it, ended up in carrier. When he was big enough and happy enough to go in a buggy the nano was just much easier. Can't say whether its hardy enough for very regular use, we use for traveling mostly. My son is almost 3 so we've had it since he was about 1, should be grand for your 3 yr old, weight limit is 20kg. I've brought it onboard an aerlingus flight from london to cork a few times no issues.
    I still have the bugaboo but I can't see myself using if there is a second child, unless by some miracle they like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Thanks Millem, will have a look at those.

Thanks wuffly, very helpful!
    I will have 4 children, I won’t be travelling anywhere!! Lol!! It’s mainly just to have in the car for the times I’d need a single, I could probably keep it in the footwell in the middle row, if I was stuck for boot space.
    It’s £199 at the moment in John Lewis, far cheaper than the others!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Would an out and about single nipper or little nipper be any good, jlm??I have seen them ...well,out and about.... and they seem extremely neat, although the look big online.I know the bigger one takes a carseat, maybe the nipper does too.

Congrats on your fourth :-). I'm not brave enough to do that!!!Hope it all goes well.

jlm29 wrote: »

I will have 4 children, I won’t be travelling anywhere!! Lol!! It’s mainly just to have in the car for the times I’d need a single, I could probably keep it in the footwell in the middle row, if I was stuck for boot space.

Haha fair point! It would def fit behind the car seat in the foot well standing up.I know nothing about cars but I'd say it wouldn't fit lying down in the footwell in most cars, not sure if thats what you mean? I drive a santa fe and it wouldn't go flat in the foot well.

• Advertisement

Did you look on amazon? They are doing 10/15/20% off if you make a baby wish list and buy something off it!

shesty wrote: »
    Would an out and about single nipper or little nipper be any good, jlm??I have seen them ...well,out and about.... and they seem extremely neat, although the look big online.I know the bigger one takes a carseat, maybe the nipper does too.

Congrats on your fourth :-). I'm not brave enough to do that!!!Hope it all goes well.

Thanks. I don’t think it’s bravery, more lunacy! The out n about single is fairly bulky when folded, I think. I borrowed one from a friend ages ago, although they’re a dream to push, I don’t think I’d have space!

Millem wrote: »
    Did you look on amazon? They are doing 10/15/20% off if you make a baby wish list and buy something off it!

No, I didnt. I haven’t looked anywhere seriously yet. It only dawned on me the other day that I’d be losing my massive boot when I need to use one of the back seats. Tbh, my eldest would often sit in the front with me on his booster as it is, so it won’t even be that often that I’ll have the problem, but my travel system is just so so bulky!

wuffly wrote: »
    Haha fair point! It would def fit behind the car seat in the foot well standing up.I know nothing about cars but I'd say it wouldn't fit lying down in the footwell in most cars, not sure if thats what you mean? I drive a santa fe and it wouldn't go flat in the foot well.

Oh I mean standing up, just if I was using the boot seats and had my double buggy in the boot behind them. I just find that as the toddlers get a bit older, sometimes they don’t need the buggy and sometimes they do, so it’s handy to have both with me just in case!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

That is currently my exact dilemma, hauling around a two seat travel system, to satisfy the whims of an almost three year old

• Advertisement

That is currently my exact dilemma, hauling around a two seat travel system, to satisfy the whims of an almost three year old

Oh those whims!!! When I saw the babyzen yo-yo, I thought it might be the solution to the problem, but I can’t justify the outlay for what will definitely be my last baby!

Would the whims be in favour of a buggy board?Looks like you could get one for the babyzen.We vary between buggy board and toddler seat here, depends on where we are going.Four year old also fights over getting into toddler seat....

Would the whims be in favour of a buggy board?Looks like you could get one for the babyzen.We vary between buggy board and toddler seat here, depends on where we are going.Four year old also fights over getting into toddler seat....

My three year old is generally grand walking now, probably wouldn’t need a buggy board (but I’d say my 7 yr old would feckin love a buggy board, lol).
    My littlest will be just gone two though when new baby gets here, so would still need to double for him sometimes.
    Tbf, he’s placid, and doesn’t suffer much from whims, it was more of an issue for the one with the middle child syndrome!

Oh those whims!!! When I saw the babyzen yo-yo, I thought it might be the solution to the problem, but I can’t justify the outlay for what will definitely be my last baby!

TBH I would go with whatever will make your life easier!!!!! You probably won’t need to buy much anyway for new baby!!

I have a city mini in my car boot permanently, a bugaboo cameleon in my hall and was half thinking of buying another buggy for my husband’s car!!!!! It is such a pain if we leave city mini in gran’s house etc! I also wouldn’t describe the fold as compact!!!
    I actually looked at britax holiday buggy (this is not suitable for newborn...no recline).

Millem wrote: »
    TBH I would go with whatever will make your life easier!!!!! You probably won’t need to buy much anyway for new baby!!

I have a city mini in my car boot permanently, a bugaboo cameleon in my hall and was half thinking of buying another buggy for my husband’s car!!!!! It is such a pain if we leave city mini in gran’s house etc! I also wouldn’t describe the fold as compact!!!
    I actually looked at britax holiday buggy (this is not suitable for newborn...no recline).

The nano actually has a higher weight limit, so probably a better buy anyhow, for a little less than half the price. Will think about it. I’d like to see them in the flesh, I must see can I locate a shop that has the mountain buggy!
    I’m all about the convenience, and you’re right, I don’t really have anything else to buy this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Definitely try it out somewhere first. I have the mountain buggy duet, and it seemed great when I did all my research. But I actually hate it. So bulky (even though it's the narrowest double on the market) and really awkward to manoeuvre. Thankfully I only bought it second hand so will sell it on without much loss!

Definitely try it out somewhere first. I have the mountain buggy duet, and it seemed great when I did all my research. But I actually hate it. So bulky (even though it's the narrowest double on the market) and really awkward to manoeuvre. Thankfully I only bought it second hand so will sell it on without much loss!

Very few places stock them, it’s such a nuisance. I’ll be on a buggy stalk every time I go anywhere!

Not a buggy board but you can get a scooter that attaches to the mountain buggy, I know my friend had it but I don't think she used it much, her older one was 2 when she had her 2nd. She bought the scooter 2nd hand. I just looked it up and I doubt its worth cost new ($136). I know my son wouldn't stay on it for very long and i didn't pay anything like that for his actual scooter. As some else said, I'm all for anything that will make your life easier! Best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Clashmore

Where are you based JLM, eurobaby in Dublin have them on there website might be worth a look

Clashmore wrote: »
    Where are you based JLM, eurobaby in Dublin have them on there website might be worth a look

I saw it on that website, I’m in tipp, but if I’m in Dublin at any stage I’ll have a look! Thanks!

• Advertisement

Just to update, I bought an uppababy minu, I just love it, it’s the stroller of dreams! I found it reduced to half price on an English website, so took the plunge. I got the car seat adaptors yesterday, so I can put either my little baby in it with the car seat, or my two year old. I had bed keeping the wheels of the travel system in the boot with my out n about, but have been caught a few times that I couldn’t use the boot seats because the boot was too full. The minu folds really neatly and stands up in the corner of the boot beside the out n about, so they’re not piled on top of each other. I know this sounds like a first world problem, but trying to get one heavy buggy out from beneath the other while standing out in the rain loses lts novelty fairly quickly.
    It’s not quite as compact as the babyzen, or I’d say the mountain buggy (I never got to see one in real life), but I think I would manage to fit it at my toddlers feet in the car if I needed to.
    It also feels very solid for a stroller, and has swivel wheels so I can push it one handed very easily.

I know it probably doesn’t matter to anyone, but I said I’d update!

Advertisement