Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone dealing with Everyday Debt Recovery Limited?

Options
  • 19-02-2019 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Got a letter in the post from Everyday Finance giving me notice that they will shortly be handling my loan facilities.

I am told I have loan facilities with a group called LC Asset 1 S.a r.l

I have had debt issues before - but they were 15 to 20 years ago.

It bothers me, as I don't recall ever having dealings with any of these people and the account reference means nothing to me.

Has anyone ever dealt with these people, is it some kind of vulture fund rising out of the ashes or as I fear some kind of scam?

I haven't made any kind of contact with these people - any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

If you do not recognise any of the names involved it is probably a scam.

15-20 year old debt would be governed by statute of limitations anyway.

Get a copy of your credit report

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

AFAIK they must peruse the debt through the courts within 6 years, after that they have no authority to collect any debts.

A quick google shows they are a Luxembourg based company who bought Bank of Scotland Ireland debt from the recession

Snotty wrote: »
    AFAIK they must peruse the debt through the courts within 6 years, after that they have no authority to collect any debts.

Correct even then if they have secured a court judgment within the 6 years they must act on the judgment in a timely manner or else they have to go back to court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

Snoggums wrote: »
    LC Asset 1 S.a r.l

That's the South Australian Rugby League.

They never forget.

Did you think you could borrow a bunch of money off them and screw them over. And they'd forget all about it? You're in for it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Got a letter in the post from Everyday Finance giving me notice that they will shortly be handling my loan facilities.

Do you owe any financial institution money ?
    Do you have a mortgage, loan, hire purchase car, not pay your credit card, have store credit cards, break a contract for a mobile phone or the like ?

I would expect the original financial institution to send you communication that they were transferring any debt to another company first.

Hopefully nobody has impersonated you to get a loan/credit card in your name and run up debt.
    Could be easy to do if you share a house/apartment block where people can intercept your mail.

Might be worth getting a copy of your own credit report : http://www.icb.ie/cr_options.php

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Snoggums

I took the advice you collectively gave me and have received back my Credit Report from I.C.B - where I was pleased to find a clean result.

Thanks again to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,674 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I took the advice you collectively gave me and have received back my Credit Report from I.C.B - where I was pleased to find a clean result.

Thanks again to all.

Isn't it the Central Credit Register you should be checking now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

Isn't it the Central Credit Register you should be checking now?

Both can be checked. CCB still in effect and has been around a bit longer. The CCR for recent records - It's only around since 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thanks again to all.

Not every Bank used to report to the ICB especially for loans drawn down 15+ years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Joey99

Chipping my 2c here but I wouldn't go solely by the credit registers and nor would I leave it sit. Credit registers may not be complete and just because a lender has failed to register a delinquency doesn't mean (in theory) that the courts won't enforce it.

As I understand it, Everyday bought some non-performing loans (NPLs) from the people that bought NPL portfolios from the Tier 1 banks. So if you reckon that the vulture funds have gotten the best from the NPL portfolios they bought and then sold on the rest it seems like Everyday are likely to be bottom-fishers who will have acquired those loans for cents on the euro in the hope of being able to shake the trees. They're dealing with the worst of the worst loans made in the boom.

In the situation you've outlined where (a) you've serviced all your debts in full for 15-20 years, and (b) you have no idea of the numbers they are spouting at you, it is possible you are dealing with:
    (i) identity theft, or
    (ii) a really old loan that has been sold and re-sold at least twice but maybe more times.

If they haven't already issued proceedings they're almost certainly now out of time and statute barred.

So that you keep your position clean, I would send them a letter by post and by email (by registered post also if you want to be belt and braces but definitely post and email) saying that you have no record of the loan to which they refer and asking them to provide all information and documentation in relation to it.

If you wanted to cause them some discomfort in return you could lob in a GDPR access request to Everyday (Everyday Finance DAC, 16 Briarhill Business Park, Galway
    info@everydayfinance.ie) and to LC Asset 1 (their registered office is 20, rue de la Poste, L - 2346 Luxembourg) and see what drops. If they don't reply make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner and eventually you should get some compensation from them. How's that for turning the tables?

Some people will say you shouldn't give them the time of day or even let them know you're alive but it sounds to me like you have a clean conscience and nothing to be afraid of and I've seen lenders actually issue proceedings and get judgement against the wrong person entirely (a guy I know was sued personally for a debt that was lent to a company which had gone bust - no personal guarantee whatsoever, the bank just claimed he owed the money and never even mentioned the company to the court)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Both can be checked. CCB still in effect and has been around a bit longer. The CCR for recent records - It's only around since 2017.

The CCR is more recent but banks would have uploaded historical debt outstanding to it, it should be more accurate than the ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Joey99

Ooh, I see Everyday have a data protection officer and his name is Andrew McCudden (their current general counsel). Always nicer to send those GDPR subject access requests to a named person and a relevant email address: dpo@everydayfinance.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Massimo77

Hi Snoggums
    I am wondering how you fared out with Everyday finance? My buy to let mortgage just got transferred to Everyday finance. I am worried about this as I don't know much about them. Do they work with you re payment schedule or are they aggressive in their dealings re recouping the debt. Any info would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Berserker5

Doesn't it restart the debt if you correspond

Be careful before engaging

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davell

Hi there, iam having same problem, with my bank, I went as a garter to a limited company using my land. I was not a director, but was close friend to one director. The company closed doors and I was asked to call in to my local branch to sine paper in relation to the accounts been closed. Thus is where I made the biggest mistake of my life.... It was only one page and I naver read it as there was very little on it. But what I did was I tock on the lone in my name all the deaths the company had, were now my problem and it was also a lone mortgage now. I was out of work and no way of paying them back. Tryed to make a deal with my bank but was not going anywhere. This was over 10 years ago and still fighting them on my own. Now they have sold of the lone to averday finance. So it starts all over again. Is there any advice out there will they talk dose any one know, iam losing the fight now tyred of it all. Thank you for reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 davell

Having somthing like your friend went true. How did he get on.

Advertisement