Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favourite Jockeys

• 19-02-2019 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

A crossover from the favourite horse thread.

Oisin Murphy is an absolute gent of a lad, my favourite by a large margine.

Dicky Johnson over the jumps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Not so much now, but when he had his claim I loved Rossa Ryan. I’d only started watching the All Weather racing on ATR, and he seemed such a nice young lad when interviewed. He also has a really distinctive riding style, so you wouldn’t even have to know the colours to pick him out. And he was riding a nice few winners with the claim too!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Steve Cauthen, best i have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Steve Cauthen, best i have ever seen

Beat me to it!

Paul Carberry.

Simply pure class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

J p murtagh back in the day. Legend.

Bj Geraghty i always liked too. Still winning me cash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Carberry was probably my favourite to watch when in full flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Adrian Maguire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

richard johnson is by far the best around nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Tony McCoy. ****ing hate the ****.

• Rachael Blackmore of the current lot. Michael Kinane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Right now? Silvestre De Sousa and Richard Johnson.

I've been following SDS since his Godolphin days and there's few you'd find more genuine than him in the saddle. I'm sure he's happy freelancing and he's raking in the money over in Hong Kong right now but I suspect the reason he hasn't landed a major stable is because he's not interested in playing games. Instead he just wants to get out there every day on horses he thinks he can win on. Massive respect for the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Flat - Pat Eddery

Jumps - Jonjo O Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Flat: Johnny Murtagh

Jumps: Timmy Murphy, will never forget been in fairyhouse, in 04 or 05 i think, he cruised up on Hi Cloy alongside Barry Geraghty on kicking king and seemed to have a look at him before winning easily

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Jamie Kyne died young at 18 but he was superb and would have been one of the greats for sure. In 2009, I won a fortune backing him. He rarely ran a bad race. Couldn't believe the news the day he died.

Currently though flat would be James Doyle and over the jumps Davy Russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

If i had a horse running in C'ham and i could have my pick of jockeys, I would want Fehily or Davy
    On flat, I would want Murphy or Doyle

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Stormin' Norman Williamson and John Francome top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Gerraghty or dickie Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Kieran Fallon on flat.

Ruby over jumps. Rachel Blackmore has potential to be an all time great at the rate she is going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Lester Piggott

• Registered Users Posts: 16,360 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Lester Piggott the best I have ever seen. Dunwoody over the jumps. Ted Walsh the best amateur rider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Mick Kinane. Traveled far and wide to race meetings as a young fella with my father. He wouldn't hear a bad word spoke about his hero and it rubbed off on me.

• Aidric wrote: »
    Mick Kinane. Traveled far and wide to race meetings as a young fella with my father. He wouldn't hear a bad word spoke about his hero and it rubbed off on me.

A good few years ago in the Curragh, Mick Kinane, Johnny Murtagh, Kieran Fallon and Frankie Dettori were riding in the big race. My lad was there outside the weigh room collecting autographs. Frankie didn’t want to know. Johnny and Kieran obliged, but Mick stopped to ask the kid his name and was very animated, which surprised me as he came across as serious and dour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

BumperD wrote: »
    Kieran Fallon on flat.

Ruby over jumps. Rachel Blackmore has potential to be an all time great at the rate she is going

I hope so re Blackmore.. has taken her opportunities this season and a couple of grade 1 wins should hopefully get her high profile rides in the big races.

Advertisement