Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ring cameras, no notifications.

Options
  • 20-02-2019 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭

I'm getting really fed up of the Ring Cameras, have a pro doorbell and floodlight cam and haven't got any motion notifications in over two weeks. Have double checked that both notifications are set on the Ring app and are allowed on my phone for that app, but still nothing coming through.
    It records all motion events no problem and turns on the lights fine, the doorbell ding also works fine, just very unreliable phone notifications.
    Ongoing issue for me, they work for a while and then stop. WiFi signal decent for both.
    Changing the sensitivity doesn't make any difference, besides, I have to keep it fairly low (people only) or when it does work, passing car head lights set it off.
    I've contacted Ring and all they advise is to adjust the sensitivity.
    Have halted getting any more of their cameras, and am contemplating changing them altogether.

Anybody else having similar issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭paulbok

Argh, it's making a fe*(king liar of me. Since this morning it's been notifying me on the phone like mad.
    Haven't changed anything except I opened the app for the first time in a while.
    Wonder if It needs to be re-opened after an app update (3 days ago according to the Play store)?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I had this issue when I signed in on another phone using the same account as I was using on my primary phone. Seems to be a 1:1 relationship between account & notifications.
    Creating a separate account for the other phone & signing out and in again on my phone fixed this for me.

beanian wrote: »
    I had this issue when I signed in on another phone using the same account as I was using on my primary phone. Seems to be a 1:1 relationship between account & notifications.
    Creating a separate account for the other phone & signing out and in again on my phone fixed this for me.

Don't think I'm signed in on another phone, but I'll check the wife's phone tonight.
    It may be I'm using the same login to connect to Home Assistant so I'll setup another login for that.

Just a follow up as I got this resolved.
    I did setup another login for Home Assistant to use but that didn't resolve it.

Got onto Ring and they advised to check my phone power settings.
    What was happening was that the android phone was sending the app into standby when not in use but it needs to run in the background. Changing the setting for it from auto to manual and always on, has done the trick.

Advertisement