Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should employers be banned from keeping workers tips?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

In theory they should put tips through the payroll to insure tax is paid.
    Keeping them is asking for staff problems I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Share and share alike.

Exactly.

Just like when the establishment has a really busy night, the owner always decides at the end of the evening that the increased profits for the day should be split evenly among all who were working that day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Tipping should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

If i leave a tip its for the waiter/waitress

If the owner wants the tip let him or her run around getting me drinks, serving the food, recommending dishes, make small talk etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Ninthlife wrote: »
    If i leave a tip its for the waiter/waitress

If the owner wants the tip let him or her run around getting me drinks, serving the food, recommending dishes, make small talk etc.

What about the guys who prepare and cook the food? Don't they deserve a share of the bonus you're paying for your fine meal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

What about the guys who prepare and cook the food? Don't they deserve a share of the bonus you're paying for your fine meal?

Compliments to the chef in that case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

So first we get this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057957347
    Then we get some new Bill passed regarding tips.
    Then we get an opinion piece on Journal.ie.
    Then we get a poll on Journal.ie.
    Now someone starts a new thread on that poll???

6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Yes they should

Advertisement