Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Have you ever been attracted to someone that is totally OFF your type?

• 21-02-2019 4:08pm

...or is it just me.

Just heard that Linkin Park song ( I should not be a fan, as a middle-aged, middle class woman, but anyway) on the radio - 'in the end'
    Holy **** that blond boy has an incredible voice - I had a look at the video online and he's a CHILD! And he's blond and skinny - why am I attracted to him?!!! :o

Youtube has automatically followed up with Metallica's 'nothing else matters' - I may be lost in music videos for the afternoon.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

...or is it just me.

Just heard that Linkin Park song ( I should not be a fan, as a middle-aged, middle class woman, but anyway) on the radio - 'in the end'
    Holy **** that blond boy has an incredible voice - I had a look at the video online and he's a CHILD! And he's blond and skinny - why am I attracted to him?!!! :o

Youtube has automatically followed up with Metallica's 'nothing else matters' - I may be lost in music videos for the afternoon.....

He's a child......your probably on a list by now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's Chester Bennington, good voice, bit like a slightly higher-pitched Jim Hetfield right enough, I reckon the machine knows what it's doing. :D

Bennington was 25 when that song was recorded, and unfortunately committed suicide in 2017. RIP.

jimgoose, I just found that out, in reading about him. So sad to lose a talent lie that so young. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I'm only attracted to magnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There probably wasn't that much of a difference between you two in age.

He was 25 back in 2001.

• Advertisement

Thom Yorke

There's another one. Skinny and boyish, but that voice. That voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I had a look at the video online and he's a CHILD! And he's blond and skinny - why am I attracted to him?!!! :o

694.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I wasn't aware Linkin Park were not to be liked by middle class people, did I miss a memo?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    694.jpg
    ...over my head, I'm afraid...?
    Is it that I think he's cute? Because 'cute' doesn't do it for me - I like men.

I wasn't aware Linkin Park were not to be liked by middle class people, did I miss a memo?

I'm not saying that exactly, but I cannot imagine a crowd of people like me at a Linkin Park gig. I'm not the standard demographic. Middle aged woman, too - not just middle class.

Maybe I'm wrong....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I'm not saying that exactly, but I cannot imagine a crowd of people like me at a Linkin Park gig. I'm not the standard demographic. Middle aged woman, too - not just middle class.

Maybe I'm wrong....

I get ya but I think you'd be surprised. You'd be amazed the people I have seen at jazz/rock/pop concerts, they wouldn't be what you might imagine as fans of whatever genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Autecher wrote: »
    I'm only attracted to magnets.

So was I, but we were poles apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I don't seem to really have a type when it comes to men, I've fancied tall, short, fat, skinny, long hair, shaved head. It's just something about that person that I find attractive. With women though I prefer curvy and brunette :D I've fancied other women in my time that weren't that type though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Not with celebrities but irl, I can appreciate if someone is good looking but it doesn't mean I'd be attracted to them.

I don't get a strong sexual attraction to people that much. Doesn't really happen that often. Usually it would just be something that's stands out about them. When I have had crushes in the past, it's usually not someone I'd expect or someone I'd describe as my type.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭pgj2015

this is a far better song than in the end.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not really. Have a type and don't really stray much beyond it TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not really. Have a type and don't really stray much beyond it TBH.

Same as myself , so she tells me.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Before I wasn't attracted to women with tattoos and piercings etc

But lately I find body art very attractive, especially when it's done tastefully, and there's something Taboo about it.

I was always attracted women who were very quirky and fun.
    But lately I think I'm better off staying away from those types and stick with someone who has their feet more firmly on the ground.
    And settled in themselves.

I was always chasing dragons and getting burnt, a bit of a knight in shining armour saving dregs and misfits....

Now I just want to meet someone who's more mature and responsible.

hedgelayer, I was reading your post, wondering if it was song lyrics that I wasn't familiar with... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

hedgelayer, I was reading your post, wondering if it was song lyrics that I wasn't familiar with... :)

I know lol I'm a bit poetic but don't realise.

I can't respond to a message without a rant about familiarisation with a story about my experience in a situation :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement