Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RIP - Peter Tork

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

jaysis was just listening to RTE Gold there at dinner time and was telling my 4y/o about The Monkees, they played Daydream Believer, me ma will be sad about this. They made some great music!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Aw, sad to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Monkees never seemed to gain proper credibility as they were manufactured, but they still released some all-time classic tunes. And Tork did end up writing material for later albums.

RIP Peter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was at the right age to grow up watching the repeats of The Monkees that The Den used to show during the early '90s and The Greatest Hits of The Monkees was the first CD I ever bought, so I was crushed to hear that Peter Tork died today, just as I was when Davy Jones died in 2012. Spent the last couple of hours listening to their music.

RIP Peter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Poor Peter Tork. RIP.
    I rememember watching The Monkees. Like The Partridge Family it was hugely entertaining and fast moving. Very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Who??? I've never heard of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Who??? I've never heard of him

The monkees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

bobbyss wrote: »
    Poor Peter Tork. RIP.
    I rememember watching The Monkeys. Like The Partridge Family it was hugely entertaining and fast moving. Very different.
    David Cassidy and gang

Advertisement