Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I MAd?

Options
  • 04-08-1999 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭

well am I?

I find myself tlakign to my dog!
    is it me or does everyone do this?
    and I don't mean just "here <insertdogsname>"
    or "Good <insertdogsname>".
    I mena like um ( Oh God I'm gonna hang meself here)

hi doggie!
    whats wrong with teh doggie??
    hungary??
    want soem food??
    awwww !!
    etc etc
    it gets worse but I've embarrassed meself enuff for one day!

so well am I?
    or do other people do this kinda thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Daft as a brush is how I'd describe that carry on smile.gif Back when I still had me cats, before me bast@rd landlord made me get rid of them (Surface Washable RIP), I talked to them, so i think that means i'm a bit 'touched' as well.

btw, Surface Washable isnt dead, but I had to give him away and never seen him since sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Your only mad if the dog talks back and you actually understand the words. If the dog starts telling you to kill people I recommend you both seek help...

I have to ask, wtf is a name like "Surface Washable"? Too many Sillybulls in that name smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Take it

no not at all i talk to the dog, buddgies snakes, pet rat ,hamsters ,tropical fish, rabbits and my sister every now and then ;p
    (BTW im not lieing i have all those pets in this house)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I think *everyone* talks to their pets, usually it's automatic.
    There's nothing unusual about it.

Hey! How many of us have actually spoken to a newborn baby? Like it's gonna answer...

Same thing with animals. Tropical fish though! Nutter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Graysonn

Just remember you can love your pets. Just don't *lurve* your pets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

"Oh Mr. Snuggles I wuv you so"
    -Moe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'd consider it perfectly normal to talk to pets... In fact, I actually think they like it - dogs do anyway. They love the attention, imho.

ALtho... yeah, I'd draw the line at Tropical fish... they can't even HEAR you ffs! smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I have a pet rock.
    "stony"
    hes mad hard

Advertisement