boards.ie Mobile
Page 128 of 128
« First < 2878118126127128
Home Automation & Internet of Things (IOT)>Philips Hue FAQ
clintondaly 20:51 12-02-2019
Originally Posted by eamondunphy:
got my new bridge and all 3 lights are on, problem is it cant find any of my lights.

As my old bridge wasnt working, i'd deleted it from the app.

Anyone know what i've to do next, some of my bulbs are hue and others are ikea tradfri
I think you need to get serial number form bulbs and use in the add light section in the app
[Quote] [Thank]
thecivvie 20:55 12-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
got my new bridge and all 3 lights are on, problem is it cant find any of my lights.

As my old bridge wasnt working, i'd deleted it from the app.

Anyone know what i've to do next, some of my bulbs are hue and others are ikea tradfri
I believe that you technically need the old hub before replacing it. Of course in your case this was not possible. I think you can do it by finding the bulbs but adding the serial number for each bulb in time. The ikea ones will have to be reset.
[Quote] [Thank]
eamondunphy 22:21 12-02-2019
thanks, i managed to add them back in but cant seemt o be able to reset the ikea spotlight bulbs, flicking them on and off is doing nothing
[Quote] [Thank]
punisher5112 22:27 12-02-2019
thanks, i managed to add them back in but cant seemt o be able to reset the ikea spotlight bulbs, flicking them on and off is doing nothing
You will need to manually add
[Quote] [Thank]
eamondunphy 22:41 12-02-2019
I can't seem to be able to manually reset the ikea light so that I can add them back in
[Quote] [Thank]
thecivvie 22:49 12-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
I can't seem to be able to manually reset the ikea light so that I can add them back in
I had a few on my hue hub. Drove me nuts. It is getting the timing of the off/on 6 times right
[Quote] [Thank]
eamondunphy 10:19 13-02-2019
If I buy the tradfi bridge, will I be able to reset them?
[Quote] [Thank]
bk 10:56 13-02-2019
If I buy the tradfi bridge, will I be able to reset them?
You'd be able to connect them to the Ikea bridge, but not Hue.

You'll need to completely reset them (the switch on-off repeatedly thing) to get them to connect to Hue. It is a pain IME and I gave up on mine and just replaced them with Hue ones.
[Quote] [Thank]
jones 14:08 13-02-2019
Sorry to harp on about the outdoor Hue floodlights but i am looking to get the white only floodlights and the specs say its 2300 lumens in brightness.
Does anyone know how bright this actually is? I am reading mixed things online about it but seems to be bright enough for my needs just wondering would it replace a 500w halogen light with comparable brightness.
[Quote] [Thank]
eamondunphy 15:10 13-02-2019
Originally Posted by bk:
You'd be able to connect them to the Ikea bridge, but not Hue.

You'll need to completely reset them (the switch on-off repeatedly thing) to get them to connect to Hue. It is a pain IME and I gave up on mine and just replaced them with Hue ones.
Thanks for the reply, do you know if I connect them to the ikea bridge, if I can reset them through their bridge, so that I can then try find them on the hue again?

Also, if I bought the ikea bridge and had them connected to ikea bridge, can I still link them simultaneously to Google assistant with my hue bulbs so that I can use voice to turn on/off lights like previously?

So for example, kitchen hue lights connected to hue bridge and ikea lights connected to ikea Bridge could be turned on as if they were all under the hue bridge
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 128 of 128
« First < 2878118126127128

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet