boards.ie Mobile
Page 77 of 77
« First < 2767757677
Rugby>Scotland v Ireland.
Anjobe 09:41 14-02-2019
Originally Posted by razorblunt:
The hand wringing and Maud Flanders tropes that are Scottish Rugby Twitter have now got to the "that was almost like a tip tackle".

I give up on them, I really do.
Have a heart, how would you all feel if Sexton now has a repeat of the concussion issues he had a while ago as a result of the HIA on Sat and has to sit out for a few months? The seriousness of Hogg's injury was just unfortunate, but it was the result of a cynical takeout that went unpunished.

Originally Posted by troyzer:
It's about where the two teams are at anyway. No surprises there.

A full Ireland team on form would have absolutely battered them.
Scotland can be a really frustrating team, excellent in one game then in the next it just doesn't come off, they try to force things maybe and the mistakes creep in. Saturday should have been a real opportunity for Scotland with Ireland there for the taking, but at their best you would expect Ireland to win comfortably.
[Quote] [Thank]
razorblunt 11:18 14-02-2019
Originally Posted by Anjobe:
Have a heart, how would you all feel if Sexton now has a repeat of the concussion issues he had a while ago as a result of the HIA on Sat and has to sit out for a few months? The seriousness of Hogg's injury was just unfortunate, but it was the result of a cynical takeout that went unpunished.
Wait, wut?

Why does Sexton get brought back into everything?
My main issue is that they're going into "tip tackle" type comparisons which is just mental.
[Quote] [Thank]
gerardk55 11:24 14-02-2019
Is there any additional footage of the POM-Hogg incident?

Is it the incident at 9mins 10sec gone in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uY1ScwJqTk&t=1027s
[Quote] [Thank]
Anjobe 11:44 14-02-2019
Wait, wut?

Why does Sexton get brought back into everything?
My main issue is that they're going into "tip tackle" type comparisons which is just mental.
Just saying it is understandable that Scottish supporters may be upset that their best player has suffered a long term injury because of a cynical cheap-shot, as would Irish supporters if that had happened to theirs.
[Quote] [Thank]
bob mcbob 11:58 14-02-2019
You know, I see a lot of comments on here about the "bad unsporting" Scottish fans which by implication is that the Irish are much better.

Well I have been going to Scotland v Ireland games for a long time and can see little difference between the fans. It is just easier to be more sporting when you are winning all the time.

The worst example I have and it really struck me was Croke Park 2010. During the game all the Irish fans were "keep quiet, respect the kicker" until ... 78 mins Scotland have a penalty to win the game and the level of whistling was intense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfSiu18itCw

You can hear for yourself, just after 5 mins in the attached.
[Quote] [Thank]
Sangre 12:05 14-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
The Irish media and, by extension, a sizeable minority of Irish fans are pretty bad as a whole in terms of griping about losses, moaning about the ref, claiming injustice etc. We're really not in any position to point the finger at any other fans.
[Quote] [Thank]
razorblunt 12:25 14-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
I think most of my issues are borne out of familiarity really.
I've been in Scotland for years now and I was a regular at most Scotland and Edinburgh games but it just wears you down over time.

There's a bit of a nasty streak in the crowds there I didn't like (not tarring all the fans with the same brush) most noted at Edinburgh games, granted it may have been the same folk but this year I've finally decided I'm done with them, with the exception of Irish provinces and decent opposition.
[Quote] [Thank]
Anjobe 12:33 14-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
I think most of my issues are borne out of familiarity really.
I've been in Scotland for years now and I was a regular at most Scotland and Edinburgh games but it just wears you down over time.

There's a bit of a nasty streak in the crowds there I didn't like (not tarring all the fans with the same brush) most noted at Edinburgh games, granted it may have been the same folk but this year I've finally decided I'm done with them, with the exception of Irish provinces and decent opposition.
As an Englishman in Ireland I can appreciate exactly where you're coming from!
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 77 of 77
« First < 2767757677

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet