boards.ie Mobile
Page 306 of 306
« First < 206256296304305306
After Hours>Do you think nurses will get their payrise?
koppy 14:48 16-02-2019 (3 Thanks)
Posted on Facebook by "Support for nurses,midwives and front line staff in ireland"

A MESSAGE SENT TO US TODAY GIVING ONE NURSES VIEW ON THE PAY RECOMENDATIONS:

We have all had a chance to look at the new pay deal.
It's simply NOT pay parity no matter how much it's dressed up.
It's merely allowances that we all knew would be offered but we all had the good sense to see through it, that this was our last chance to gain some level of respect for the profession. We demanded pay parity across the board.
We demanded fairness! Surely that's not much to ask for. Parity would lead to more nurses and midwives staying in Ireland and indeed returning from abroad which in turn would lead to safer staffing and conditions. And it would lead to respect, something that's disappearing fast in the profession.
And so we went on strike, a decision none of us took lightly.
Many of us lost money in this strike. We stood in the freezing cold for hours. We got soaked to the skin. We worked on wards with only half staff whilst our colleagues picketed and we worked bloody hard. We accepted the massive public support with heart felt thanks. Our colleagues abroad held rallies that got international attention and support worldwide. We were the amazing Irish nurses and midwives who finally developed a back bone and demanded better treatment for our patients and ourselves!
We marched with pride in one of the biggest protests this country has ever seen and we had and have the nation standing with us. It was truly the greatest day for nurses and midwives in Ireland.
At the rally last Saturday , amongst all the cheers and delight and encouragement for our new found nursing hero, Phil Ni Sheaghdha, there was a deathly silence when she introduced the man who taught her, in her own words, "everything she knows". That man was Liam Doran. The same man who failed all of us miserably over the years. And sure enough Phil was correct. He appears to have taught her how to fool us just as he had done for years!
And after all the joy and hope, the recommendation was released. We all checked to see what we would gain knowing full well that it's not even close to parity of pay but suddenly "sure something is better than nothing isn't it?", started creeping in!
But what has me more shocked than anything in all of this is how any nurse or midwife could possibly accept a deal that sees over 14,000 of our colleagues left behind with nothing! The same colleagues who marched beside us full of hope for the future. That to me is absolutely shameful!
Allowances can be taken off us at the drop of a hat! We saw that when we managed to get our working hours reduced but within a few short months the government and our weak unions forced us to increase our hours back to 39 hours. We are all still working 1.5hrs for free each week!!! Why is that?
What other sector would allow themselves to be abused like this?
This new deal is a shambles. It does nothing but create a divide and creates even more disrespect for the profession.
And we remain at the bottom rung of the ladder.
From newly qualified nurses and midwives to ADONs and DONs and many many retired colleagues we stood in complete unity outside Leinster House. We would win this battle together!
What happened to that unity?
Don't forget that feeling of pride at how we were united.
Don't swallow deals that don't include each and every single one of us nurses and midwives.
We went into this together. Thousands of our colleagues are now left behind and we absolutely cannot allow that to happen.
Have the courage to stand up to both the government and the unions and vote NO to this deal. We know that together we have the power to have our demands met. And that demand is parity of pay for each and every single one of us!
Let's regroup and go back to focusing on all of us and how all of us deserve pay parity instead of just thinking about ourselves individually and allowances that will more than likely be a temporary measure to shut us up.
This is our very last chance! We can still win this for ALL of us TOGETHER!
[Quote] [Thank]
Fiery mutant 15:09 16-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
**** right off with your pay rise.
[Quote] [Thank]
salonfire 16:26 16-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by evolving_doors:
I have a clue. I'm in the public service and have worked in a hospital. If you think a 2 billion budget for a hospital and a modest pay increase are mutually exclusive then you're the one deflecting.

Yes. Pay more you get get better staff.

The only counter argument you can have is to advocate paying less for a better outcome??

Do you think we have to pay them more or less.... which is it?

You're a hypocrite. Where is your outrage about the increase in HSE spending from under 14bn per year in 2014 to almost 18bn this year? You throw out the 1bn Hospital overrun in faux outrage to take a swipe at the government and to deflect from the true beneficiaries of increased public spending; your wallet.

Nurses were already getting increases through an agreed deal. There wasn't any objections from the public to that agreement.

But instead nurses used their power in using patients as hostages to make a further grab at the trough; leaving oncology patients laying at home with treatment cancelled.

There is no widespread shortage of nursing applicants; as confirmed by the Commission in Public Pay and the HSE themselves saying there 1.86 applicant for every vacancy.
[Quote] [Thank]
facehugger99 16:48 16-02-2019
Originally Posted by koppy:

!
What a moany fcuking cow.
[Quote] [Thank]
Mrsmum 17:17 16-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by koppy:
Posted on Facebook by "Support for nurses,midwives and front line staff in ireland"

We have all had a chance to look at the new pay deal.
It's simply NOT pay parity no matter how much it's dressed up.
I'm trying to understand this pay parity. So is it that the nurses want to be on the exact same pay scale as a physio or ot for example in the HSE ?? I can't see the other professions standing for that but what is the norm worldwide ??
[Quote] [Thank]
thomasdylan 17:28 16-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by salonfire:
There is no widespread shortage of nursing applicants; as confirmed by the Commission in Public Pay and the HSE themselves saying there 1.86 applicant for every vacancy.
Come on, 1.86 applicants for every vacancy is terrible.
[Quote] [Thank]
koppy 17:46 16-02-2019
Originally Posted by facehugger99:
What a moany fcuking cow.
I'm not moaning about anything if that's aimed at me. Only copying a post.
[Quote] [Thank]
noodler 17:53 16-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
Originally Posted by feckthisgenie:
I will repeat it was the private sector that bankrupt the country before and it will be them again.
It's not the public servants that are the problem, it's the clueless government that throw money in the wrong areas and don't staff areas adequately.
Again I repeat it's the greed of all the private sector that destroy the economy and they're the problem.
We are the salt of the earth in the public sector
So many lies.

When the country has a massive deficit after because it spent tax revenues that were not cyclical, who do you blame?

Where did all this extra money go? The answer is pay, pensions, welfare and tax cuts.

The private sector bankrupted the country is a new one, are some people not aware that our deficits during the recession were nothing to so with bailing out the banks?
[Quote] [Thank]
noodler 17:55 16-02-2019
Originally Posted by Twenty Grand:
Based on what?
Examples?

Or are you not going to bother? Just like you still haven't bothered to back up your previous claims.
"we just striked and forced the government to spend the money... It's not our fault we got it"
[Quote] [Thank]
is_that_so 18:46 16-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Mrsmum:
I'm trying to understand this pay parity. So is it that the nurses want to be on the exact same pay scale as a physio or ot for example in the HSE ?? I can't see the other professions standing for that but what is the norm worldwide ??
It's a union thing and by agreeing that different jobs are the same level so that when one group gets a raise any other group deemed to have parity do as well. Generally in the PS and in companies with strong union cultures they try to avoid or eliminate this arcane practice for very obvious reasons - knock-on costs.
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 306 of 306
« First < 206256296304305306

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet