boards.ie Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Films>Aladdin- Live Action 2019 - Guy Ritchie
Agent Coulson 20:10 12-02-2019
They should have done this as part of a One Thousand and One Nights series of films and not done a live action Aladdin.
[Quote] [Thank]
Bowlardo 23:33 13-02-2019
Just watch the trailer. Will smith looks dreadful. This will be a **** show of the highest order.
**** Disney not going to this one
[Quote] [Thank]
TerrorFirmer 20:02 14-02-2019
Film looks alright, but Will Smith - much as I like him - is miscast in this. Not necessarily because it's Will Smith, more the fact that they made Genie Will Smith, rather than just Genie voiced by Will Smith.
[Quote] [Thank]
TheIrishGrover 23:09 14-02-2019
Nope nope nope.... Just say no, kids
[Quote] [Thank]
Circuital 11:00 15-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by batgoat:
I have zero faith in Guy Ritchie so have low expectations of this as a result.
Guy Ritchie is a complete bluffer. Awful, awful director. I was disappointed when I heard he was directing RDJ's Sherlock Holmes movies. And he delivered on those feelings. Cannot stand anything he does.

I might watch this to see how laughable it is.
[Quote] [Thank]
p to the e 14:49 15-02-2019
Originally Posted by Circuital:
Guy Ritchie is a complete bluffer. Awful, awful director. I was disappointed when I heard he was directing RDJ's Sherlock Holmes movies. And he delivered on those feelings. Cannot stand anything he does.

I might watch this to see how laughable it is.
You better believe it. Goes on like a cockney geeza when he's from an extremely privileged background.
[Quote] [Thank]
LazerShark 17:42 15-02-2019
It was weird when Will Smith wasn't all in blue and now it's weird that he is. Will have to wait and see.
[Quote] [Thank]
TheIrishGrover 13:31 16-02-2019
Originally Posted by filters:
Wy did they not get a arab actor to play genie?
Will Smith is african american, is this classed as cultural appropriation?
Is it only cultural appropriation if white people are involved?
Is this double standards?
As for the movie , i reckon it will bomb, has Hollywood ever had a time like now where they are so short of original ideas?
I hate this bullsh*t. It's business!!! If there was an "arab actor" who can be the main attraction in a 150 Million + dollar movie then they would have used them. If there was a pan-sexual Martian who could headline the movie they would use them.

Having said that, the trailer is just godawful.
[Quote] [Thank]
mikhail 10:20 17-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by filters:
Idris Elba is a Norse God in Thor!!
The character Elba was playing is somehow 'whiter than white' in norse mythology, and so is used in some neo-nazi bull****. Casting Elba was a preemptive snub to those people. Or so I read somewhere, anyway.
[Quote] [Thank]
The White Wolf 10:39 17-02-2019
Everytime I see this genie That Yellow Bastard is what keeps coming to mind.
[Quote] [Thank]
Diemos 11:01 17-02-2019
Originally Posted by Agent Coulson:
Smith will inject the magical wish-granter with a little bit of the Fresh Prince and a little bit of Hitch.

“Aladdin” will also get a feminist makeover.

“Aladdin” will also feature new music
I just can't see how this will be anything other than a roaring success.......:rolleyes::p
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet