boards.ie Mobile
Page 198 of 198
« First < 98148188196197198
Fitness>Annoying Gym Behaviour - Mk2(?)
2nd Row Donkey 19:10 19-02-2019 (2 Thanks)
"Must wear swim cap in Jacuzzi"

That wouldn't be the norm would it? I use a lot of hotel gyms/leisure centres up and down the country with work and haven't seen that before.
[Quote] [Thank]
Alf Veedersane 19:11 19-02-2019 (6 Thanks)
Originally Posted by 2nd Row Donkey:
"Must wear swim cap in Jacuzzi"

That wouldn't be the norm would it? I use a lot of hotel gyms/leisure centres up and down the country with work and haven't seen that before.
Swim cap is the only thing I wear in the jacuzzi.
[Quote] [Thank]
Brian? 20:21 19-02-2019 (4 Thanks)
Originally Posted by GreeBo:
Tbf the issue isn't the gym, it's having to post what should be obvious because of other scuzz buckets not knowing how to act in public.
I still don't understand the problem with using the hairdryer on my bollocks. It's a hair dryer and my bollocks and gooch are densely haired. Probably more so than my head.

My only other option is to stand bollock naked with my legs apart for 15 minutes to let the air at them.

This is a joke.I don't use a hairdryer on anywhere except my shoulders
[Quote] [Thank]
leggo 05:32 20-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by GreeBo:
Tbf the issue isn't the gym, it's having to post what should be obvious because of other scuzz buckets not knowing how to act in public.
To be fair, when it comes to gym etiquette I think a lot of regular users see it as ‘common sense’ because they’re regular users, but normies likely just don’t know that stuff. I was lucky in that I got a big talk when I joined my first gym at around 15 in school running me through all this, and later got to train with some bodybuilders who filled me in on the rest. And I’m too much of a socially anxious mess to not do anything in ‘the rules’ and risk upsetting others. But in other gyms I’ve joined since I’ve never even been offered an instructional guide. Most people are self-conscious when first joining a gym so wouldn’t want to ask, so they just copy what they see and you get a blind leading the blind situation, hence the need for signs, which I’d see as a good thing tbh. I’d sooner go to a gym with loads of signs up than none because at least it shows they give a ****.
[Quote] [Thank]
GreeBo 08:48 20-02-2019 (6 Thanks)
Originally Posted by leggo:
To be fair, when it comes to gym etiquette I think a lot of regular users see it as ‘common sense’ because they’re regular users, but normies likely just don’t know that stuff. I was lucky in that I got a big talk when I joined my first gym at around 15 in school running me through all this, and later got to train with some bodybuilders who filled me in on the rest. And I’m too much of a socially anxious mess to not do anything in ‘the rules’ and risk upsetting others. But in other gyms I’ve joined since I’ve never even been offered an instructional guide. Most people are self-conscious when first joining a gym so wouldn’t want to ask, so they just copy what they see and you get a blind leading the blind situation, hence the need for signs, which I’d see as a good thing tbh. I’d sooner go to a gym with loads of signs up than none because at least it shows they give a ****.
I think thats a fair comment for things like doing X in a squat rack but not for things like drying your hairy bollix with a hairdryer.
[Quote] [Thank]
brownej 09:49 20-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Getting back to everyones favourite topic of holding on to the treadmill for dear life while it is on an incline.
There was a lad in the gym last night with the treadmill up to at least 15% if not more, hanging on while wearing a weighted vest. No hat though :-(
Maybe next week....
[Quote] [Thank]
silverharp 10:50 20-02-2019
I did see a lad this week, incline, walking and holding the top of the machine with both hands.
Unnecessarily tying up machines, wanted to use the calf raise machine, for me I’d be on and off in less than 2 minutes, this guy was using it as an opportunity to catch up on his social media with stupidly long gaps between what he was doing.
[Quote] [Thank]
Alf Veedersane 15:43 20-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by JayRoc:
Pretty much, and a drawing of a very happy chappy giving himself the old "bowling ball" dry with a towel. So weird
Seems to be a problem in Iceland as well...

(Probably get you a strange look if there's anyone else than can see the screen when you open)
[Quote] [Thank]
Barna77 16:29 20-02-2019
Originally Posted by Alf Veedersane:
Seems to be a problem in Iceland as well...

(Probably get you a strange look if there's anyone else than can see the screen when you open)
And why would that be in the paper's Women's section... :confused:

I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks.
Glad I'm not annoying anyone
[Quote] [Thank]
Alf Veedersane 19:04 20-02-2019 (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by Barna77:
And why would that be in the paper's Women's section... :confused:

[Quote] [Thank]
Johnny Storm 10:47 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Originally Posted by JayRoc:
My first visit today to Westwood in Sandymount (due to works in my normal gym).

It's like a bricks-and-mortar embodiment of this thread. I've never seen so many signs insisting on so many rules in one place. From the standard (don't use a locker without locking it, use flip flops in the changing/pool area, don't be a weirdo in the spa), to the odd (you MUST wear swim hats while sitting in the jacuzzi) to the hilarious (please use a towel to dry your bollix, not the hairdyers....complete with an actual illustration of what not to do. That one was my favourite).

I didn't need to train. I was exhausted just reading all the rules
It was the same the last time I was there. Anywhere there was space for a sign had a sign.....
Plus they were all very cranky in tone.
My favorite was "No not spray deodorant cans in the changing room" or similar. Presumably in case one of your "fellow members" might be overcome by the whiff? :pac:
[Quote] [Thank]
EagererBeaver 22:23 Yesterday (1 Thanks)
Guy on an assault bike and doing sit ups. With a samurai sword.

Check out @TheRealJHair’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheRealJHair/sta...076502528?s=09
[Quote] [Thank]
Page 198 of 198
« First < 98148188196197198

Back to Forum
Google Analytics

Share Tweet